Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
On a side note, I wasn't even interested in Wuthering Waves, but you guys have talked about it so much that I actually want to try it now. The lightning Sephiroth guy looks cool.

I think that Sephiroth dude is standard 5 star lol.

What did they change for hunters that makes them so OP now?

This game forces Rebel to "repair" 4 out of 6 new devices across the map to win the game.

You can't hide forever anymore. It's why they give Rebel two lives now to balance the changes.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
For the rebel stuff I don't really get the point of the hiding perks, there should be chase perks
Hiding would actively sabotage your teammates trying to rush generators, you need to be a distraction
They should decide if they wanna be Prop Hunt or DBD

(Also anyone else watching the Dead by Daylight anniversary stream rn lol)

evilalien

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Hunters don't need to find all of the rebels anymore until the time is up. If rebels haven't repaired a number of or all (not sure) devices the hunter wins automatically.

This game forces Rebel to "repair" 4 out of 6 new devices across the map to win the game.

You can't hide forever anymore. It's why they give Rebel two lives now to balance the changes.

Oh wow, I've only played one game where the hunter wasn't even trying, I thought rebels still won if time ran out. That's a huge balance shift.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
On a side note, I wasn't even interested in Wuthering Waves, but you guys have talked about it so much that I actually want to try it now. The lightning Sephiroth guy looks cool.
Yeah he cool. Also that green dragon guy is literally an evolution of Xiao + HSR's Dan Heng and I hate that it's working on me.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I think that Sephiroth dude is standard 5 star lol.

Standard 5* electro characters have served me well so far 😏

Apparently you get a free one at the start. And it seems like the game is more dependent on player skill so he may last for a while against powercreep.

Also the first limited electro character seems to be a good support for him. Could be an all round solid choice.

I mean it's him or fake Xiao for me rn.
Yeah he cool. Also that green dragon guy is literally an evolution of Xiao + HSR's Dan Heng and I hate that it's working on me.
I didn't even see you wrote this before I posted about the Xiao character hahaha. We continue to have shared taste lol.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Since we're touching upon WW, Is it true you can farm shit even without "resin", just not as efficiently as you would with resin? I'm talking artficats, boss mats etc.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Since we're touching upon WW, Is it true you can farm shit even without "resin", just not as efficiently as you would with resin? I'm talking artficats, boss mats etc.
No. You can still get them, but only in the same way that you can get lower level artifacts and weapons from random piles in the open world in Genshin. You can get them, but they don't meaningfully impact your in-game progress. Only way to make actual progress is to spend WW's equivalent of "resin."

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting very sick of the GT dungeon. I literally just need a good attack sands or geo goblet, yet all I've been getting is hp and def sands. Let me move on game!
I've listened to a few guides while farming and that does seem to be the case. There's also a Pokémon element where you catch monsters and that becomes an extra skill or something of that nature. Seems like a pretty variable toolbox.

Edit: nvm, clarified my esserius. Sadge.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
No. You can still get them, but only in the same way that you can get lower level artifacts and weapons from random piles in the open world in Genshin. You can get them, but they don't meaningfully impact your in-game progress. Only way to make actual progress is to spend WW's equivalent of "resin."

I'm getting very sick of the GT dungeon. I literally just need a good attack sands or geo goblet, yet all I've been getting is hp and def sands. Let me move on game!

I've listened to a few guides while farming and that does seem to be the case. There's also a Pokémon element where you catch monsters and that becomes an extra skill or something of that nature. Seems like a pretty variable toolbox.

Edit: nvm, clarified my esserius. Sadge.

thanks, I had a gut feeling it sounded too good to be true.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
My problem is I have no desire to deal with another gacha game with hours of story, I wouldn't mind something to just mess around and build characters in tho

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
My problem is I have no desire to deal with another gacha game with hours of story, I wouldn't mind something to just mess around and build characters in tho
That's mostly why I wasn't interested in it (I also hate how dull the colour palette is though lol). But hopefully Genshin will soon be at a point of just playing abyss each reset and doing the latest story updates for me, so maybe there's room in the future. For now I'm just going to try it while the early login rewards are running.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'll just put the most random artifacts on her day one and farm better stuff later but really give me more electro goblets.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
The problem with the TF variant is you have less damage and still don't have a way to setup an electro swirl for Fischl without charge shotting.

They buffed her skill damage though so it's probably just a net zero.

zeropercent

Teyvat Traveler
May 13, 2020
I'll check WuWa out but I will admit I laughed out loud when I saw a random video and realized it was WuWa towards the end, I thought it was some cheap mobile clone because that UI is egregious lol

The talk about how they totally changed the prologue storyline doesn't seem to show a lot of confidence. If there's no controller support at launch that would be a dealbreaker though

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
At this point you have to think forward to weird Natlan interactions also, they're gonna be designing her looking at the next set of characters

Hopefully by the time her banner ends there could be some drips of info

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Playing the Cyno story quest. I swear there are at least three characters called "Cyrus" in the game by now. Four if you count the sumpter beast named after Mondstadt Cyrus, lol.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
I'll check WuWa out but I will admit I laughed out loud when I saw a random video and realized it was WuWa towards the end, I thought it was some cheap mobile clone because that UI is egregious lol

The talk about how they totally changed the prologue storyline doesn't seem to show a lot of confidence. If there's no controller support at launch that would be a dealbreaker though
Yeah, I want to try it out but if no controller support I will not be able to play it.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I guess I can check out WuWa but probably won't stick with it. I need my time to not be gacha only. No controller support would be a pain.

Jun 17, 2023

zeropercent

Teyvat Traveler
May 13, 2020
Also, for those who haven't started Cyno's quest yet, you can mind-read with Nahida and there are some missable hidden scenes if you just follow the quest path. when characters split up to do their own thing, you can find them at the spots they went off to and get more dialogue

It took some time to get started but I thought it was really good

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gatorland

Gave an honest got at HSR for a year but I finally fell off because I was in the minority of not vibing with the writing of Penacony. That was two big story quests in a row where the writing fell flat for me and the actual character progression of end game being hyper geared to specific team archetypes ended up turning me off.

Jun 17, 2023
I thought you could only skip side content but idk maybe they changed that

I'm not sure myself, but someone from the WWaves thread in the main forum said this:
User said:
Also one thing to note for MHY players, this game has a skip cutscene button, so if they start doing that 'yap yap' nonsense these games are known for, you can skip it here.
It seems like it's universal.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, this is the first time I hear the new voice of Tighnari in a a quest! I almost forgot about that, and was surprised when he sounded so different.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
No, and honestly their system might actually be worse than Genshin/Star Rail.
Imagine artefact domains only dropping the universal leveling EXP materials, but you would have to do Specter or Handguard farming runs daily to get specific gear drops. On top of that it also has a separate stamina-gated material for unlocking substats (leveling does not unlock them and you don't even see if a piece has potential or is garbage when it drops before you start investing). There is a domain-equivalent that gives you a bunch gear + leveling mats, but it seemingly does not give you enough control over potential drops and everyone that played the beta said it was extremely stamina-inefficient.
It's pretty much the single-biggest concern I personally have in regards to how long I'm willing to give it a chance. It's possible they are able to tune this into a functional economy for both casual "5 minute a day and away" players and "grind hours a day" players but I will remain sceptical until I get my hands on it, because that's a veeeery big divide in target audience preferences.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Still like 5 hours on Arle banner. I had a dream where I actually did another 10 pull and got C5 Mona with C1 Arle but don't remember who came first. I'll do Cyno's quest tomorrow for encounter points.

I have not even started Arle's quest

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Still like 5 hours on Arle banner. I had a dream where I actually did another 10 pull and got C5 Mona with C1 Arle but don't remember who came first. I'll do Cyno's quest tomorrow for encounter points.

I have not even started Arle's quest

Arle's quest is pretty good but lessened by the fact they long since spoiled it in the animation

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
After the dev's really candid video where they spoke about the issues the community had with WW, I want to see it succeed.

I likely won't play it unless it's something special, but I hope it finds an audience.

It might take away some frustrated combat-orientated players from this game.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
My main issue with Wuthering Waves is that it's too close to Paper Mario TTYD Remake . Also PC/Mobile only at launch. Would like to try it and if the "pick your first standard 5*character" is true, I'll probably give it a try.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
After the dev's really candid video where they spoke about the issues the community had with WW, I want to see it succeed.

I likely won't play it unless it's something special, but I hope it finds an audience.

It might take away some frustrated combat-orientated players from this game.

I just hope it will push Hoyo into being more competitive and less resting on laurels. Tower of Fantasy didn't move the needle enough.
For example, I (mostly) like the Wuwa character designs and models more than Genshin. I feel Genshin really should update their older models in particular at this point. But I think pretty much all of them could do with a makeover.
Like the NPCs look so fucking bad at this point.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Oh yeah with that new flower if I go back to and ATK% Goblet instead of Electro on Raiden and keep the ATK% Sands I guess she shows up as top1% for taser on Akasha even if I don't use her with that team anymore.

GOlXYBA.png

Now to give back Xianyun that ATK% Goblet. I still want to have a ER% Sands but ATK% works fine.

Also, for those who haven't started Cyno's quest yet, you can mind-read with Nahida and there are some missable hidden scenes if you just follow the quest path. when characters split up to do their own thing, you can find them at the spots they went off to and get more dialogue

It took some time to get started but I thought it was really good
Good to know, Nahida can take Zhongli spot in the team and put Dendro on enemies for Arle to burn if there's some fighting!

Arle's quest is pretty good but lessened by the fact they long since spoiled it in the animation
Yeah It's what Ive heard and why I have not started yet but good to hear it's good.

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
Oh yeah with that new flower if I go back to and ATK% Goblet instead of Electro on Raiden and keep the ATK% Sands I guess she shows up as top1% for taser on Akasha even if I don't use her with that team anymore.

GOlXYBA.png

Now to give back Xianyun that ATK% Goblet. I still want to have a ER% Sands but ATK% works fine.

Good to know, Nahida can take Zhongli spot in the team and put Dendro on enemies for Arle to burn if there's some fighting!

Yeah It's what Ive heard and why I have not started yet but good to hear it's good.
That 49.7 cv. so close yet so far to 50

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
If I close my eyes it's totally 50+, I really didn't expect that upgrading it since I mostly want better sands/Goblets/circlets these days. I'd like to have a on set feather now I guess.

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
#NotMyWindtrace

Not sure how I feel about it yet. Lost my Rebel rounds, won my Hunter round.
It feels more like a game of tag than hide-and-seek now.
Will have to play some more matches to see how I feel about it when I get used to the changes.