OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Me seeing Naphis for the first time:

giphy.gif

You have to give them that they now do put more effort in making important and semi-important NPCs more unique, lol.

#NotMyWindtrace

Not sure how I feel about it yet. Lost my Rebel rounds, won my Hunter round.
It feels more like a game of tag than hide-and-seek now.
Will have to play some more matches to see how I feel about it when I get used to the changes.

That's kinda typical, isn't it? They have a mini-game that's generally well-liked, they bring it back repeatedly, each time a little reworked to address issues some had, and in the end most don't really like it anymore. ;)

Last edited:

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Blaaaaaargh.
Hunter is a lot stronger now for sure though I think it's partially because the rebels have to figure out hiding isn't enough anymore. Might balance out later when rebels get used to what they need to do. Lost my Rebel games, won my Hunter one.

I was doing a pretty good job next to one beacon and climbing a nearby tree whenever the hunter got close or when the beacon went red, people still have difficultly looking up, but the host panicked and disconnected.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I just hope it will push Hoyo into being more competitive and less resting on laurels. Tower of Fantasy didn't move the needle enough.
For example, I (mostly) like the Wuwa character designs and models more than Genshin. I feel Genshin really should update their older models in particular at this point. But I think pretty much all of them could do with a makeover.
Like the NPCs look so fucking bad at this point.

This is my hope too. Genshin needs competition to keep it honest and help drive the team to up their game in some respects.

And in regard to Windtrace, it comes back every year, worse than the last. Same with the tower defence stuff.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've ever properly engaged in Windtrace lol.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
I allowed myself 10 wishes on Wanderer's weapon banner, no luck and I just got that new bow and drill spear.

Now it is back to saving for Alhaitham and Furina cons.

I have to admit though, this may be one of the hardest banners ever for me to skip as I want Wanderer's C1 and weapon so so much. But not more than I want Alhaitham and C2 Furina, so I just need to focus and be strong. Days like these I do wish I was a millionaire. xD

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
People don't read rules, coordination gonna get better later on. My first game was a loss, I was hiding and thinking I'm going to win lol.

I'm not sure how I feel about the changes yet. I like for the past WindTraces, you would have Hunter sometimes wondering how the hell I end up in that spot.

That said, current WindTrace could be a buff to Hunter. I haven't lost a game as one yet. In fact, I have won multiple times with 0/4 devices repaired.

I allowed myself 10 wishes on Wanderer's weapon banner, no luck and I just got that new bow and drill spear.

Now it is back to saving for Alhaitham and Furina cons.

I have to admit though, this may be one of the hardest banners ever for me to skip as I want Wanderer's C1 and weapon so so much. But not more than I want Alhaitham and C2 Furina, so I just need to focus and be strong. Days like these I do wish I was a millionaire. xD

Stay strong buddy. Now that you have posted here, you're held accountable if you give in.

Last edited:

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
People don't read rules, coordination gonna get better later on. My first game was a loss, I was hiding and thinking I'm going to win lol.

Stay strong buddy. Now that you have posted here, you're held accountable if you give in.
Yes, that was my intent! Now that I said it, I cannot have a weak moment! :D I already regret those 10 wasted wishes on the weapon banner, but with my usual good luck I just had to try.

I just have to hope that he is added to a Sumeru Chronicle Wish banner soon.

Last edited:

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
The only thing I'm tempted to pull is a Favonius Sword. It annoys me that I only have an R2 Fav after all this time.

I'm not actually going to do it, but grrr, why do I never get that thing!

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
Haven't tried the new Windtrace yet, but hated all the previous iterations so will probably play 1 game to see the changes and stop.

I have 200 wishes saved and seriously considering pulling for Hat Guy. Will at least throw a few 10 pulls and hope to get some Faruzan cons as she is only c1. I'm skipping the new ladies next patch and I'm assuming the summer patch won't introduce anyone so I still have months to save for Natlan characters.

And tbh .1 characters haven't been very exciting these past 2 nations so I will 100% be skipping another 5* charge attack bow character (even though I love Lyney and Tig)

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Haven't tried the new Windtrace yet, but hated all the previous iterations so will probably play 1 game to see the changes and stop.

I have 200 wishes saved and seriously considering pulling for Hat Guy. Will at least throw a few 10 pulls and hope to get some Faruzan cons as she is only c1. I'm skipping the new ladies next patch and I'm assuming the summer patch won't introduce anyone so I still have months to save for Natlan characters.

And tbh .1 characters haven't been very exciting these past 2 nations so I will 100% be skipping another 5* charge attack bow character (even though I love Lyney and Tig)
Sending you lots of luck, hope you get Wanderer early and lots of Faruzan constellations. He really is such a fun character to play. :D

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
I'll do the Cyno quest for Encounter Points when I end up needing them, which usually happens in the last days of the patch. It'll be hard avoiding the spoilers for three weeks straight lol.

This will also be the first Windtrace playing with my wife, so I'm unreasonably giddy with anticipation lol.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Cyno's quest! :D Liked it, it was also very meaty, probably a couple hours long.

Also, you don't need to worry (as I did) that they take the new area from you once you are done with the quest. They don't, it's permanent. :) So enjoy, and no need to photograph everything from every angle in fear of it being gone afterwards, lol.
I'll share my photos of this gorgeous area here once more have played it.

Oh, and that final cinematic was one of Genshin's best yet. They're putting more and more budget into those...

Last edited:

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
I ended up pulling Arle's C6 today before she left. Had a lucky ass streak from C4-6. My plan to C6 a character of each element has solidified! Here's what I've got so far-

Dendro- Nahida C6: Fun nukes, aoe damage is actually insane. She's still missing a dedicated dendro support unit to maximize her on field damage.

Anemo- Xianyun C6: Flying around the map is so much fun. Hitting 400k plunges with XY as main DPS is too. She enables healing on skill at C4, which is nice over world utility too. Overall an amazing support/damage hybrid unit with great exploration utility. Can't ask for much more.

Pyro- Arlecchino C6: Hadn't clicked with any pyro damage dealers until father. I love her kit, her design, she's guaranteed more story time, and I love her little wing she gets at C6. Really just an insane and stylish damage dealer. Her burst hits for 1million+ in the overworld when vaped lol.

Hydro- Neuvillete C4: Didn't manage to pull any cons on his rerun. He is already so strong, and I wanted to invest financially into Arle. Next time he runs, I'll try to grab the last two cons just for the triple hydro pump! I love his kit, character, design and self sustain DPS mechanic. Fun decision to have a playable sovereign.

Electro- Yae/Cyno C4: Got very lucky with Cyno pulls after 3.1 top up reset. Double 5 star pull brought him from
c2 to c6. I was planning on investing in Yae as my electro character, but now I'm unsure who to cap off. I think Cyno's C6 is more visually pleasing and serotonin inducing, but I don't use him much anymore. Yae gets pulled off the bench way more often.

Geo- Navia C3: Who doesn't love Shotgun Impact? So much fun. Just love firing off her gun, and pairing her with Xianyun for axe plunging party. I'll grab her C4 for res reduction next time she runs, and the other cons will wait.
Congrats on the Arle C6! I'd love to also have a C6 limited five star from each element, tbh I quite like hyper investing in certain characters.
I've been playing Genshin on almost every iPad Pro since the 2018 pro (2018, M1, M2).

The current M2 iPad can run Genshin smoothly at 60fps if you set medium or low resolution and everything else to high (though I always turn motion blur of as a personal preference). MetalFX is also available and makes a huge difference. High resolution is a no-no because the device will throttle quickly and the game will become laggy. However, the battery life of the M2 isn't as good as the M1 and can only last about 3 hours while playing Genshin non-stop (11 inch model).

Apple said the M4 can reach M2's performance at half the power consumption. I'm waiting for geekerwan to verify this claim. If true, it would guarantee an upgrade for me.

The new Air will have the M2 chip of the current pro so it should perform similarly to what I said above.
Thanks so much for your reply on this, really helpful!
That sounds great then, I think I'll wait for some reviews on the new pro like you say and see how that performs.

Tbh the older models seem to retain their value really well so I might go for one of the new ones anyway if it's only a small difference in price. Probably be more between the air and the pro for me, I think the M2 sounds like it has the performance I'd need but I'll see how the M4 chip reviews and make a decision from there. It would be nice to have a good amount of battery life as well so that could be a big plus for the M4 if it's as good as Apple claim. I do also love how thin the new pro is and the screen is gorgeous!

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
No chance I get Arle's weapon right now with 1 hour left. My luck is just so terrible… I ran out of primogems stuff to do and Im at 60 pulls rip. I've pretty much finished all my sources for primogems other than daily commission now mostly. All my exploration areas are either 100% or 98%-99%. I just really had to grind to get Arle. It is what it is… the Jade spear looks horrible as a scythe so I'll need to chase Crimson Moon's semblance next time. I really hope she reruns before the Pyro archon if possible since that's probably who I am gonna get next. It's saving time!

By the way the event was really good. That tease at the end with Raiden and Yae got me incredibly excited. Itto's singing was good too! And I said Itto is better than Paimon cause screw Paimon.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Also, you don't need to worry (as I did) that they take the new area from you once you are done with the quest. They don't, it's permanent. :) So enjoy, and no need to photograph everything from every angle in fear of it being gone afterwards, lol.
wait, they really filled that part of the map after Cyno's 2nd quest? RUNNING to do it tonight then!

vixivian

Feb 25, 2021
I really think the coastline they added will be used later on for some Khaenriah'an shenanigans. The gate under Tunigi Hollow is too close.

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
So i did 150 pulls for this banner and my results are crazy

Start off losing the 50/50 to tighnari
C1 Baizhu
Wanderer
C6 Faruzan

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
Sending you lots of luck, hope you get Wanderer early and lots of Faruzan constellations. He really is such a fun character to play. :D

Thanks Buttons! Stay strong for our boy Al-Haithim! If I didn't have him c6 I'd be rolling for cons :)

I ended up dropping 60 pulls on the banner. I got 2 Faruzan (c1 -> c3), 4 Layla (c3 -> c7), and then Bennet and the Stringless bow crashed my party and I stopped rolling. No early 5* so I will wait for 4.8 & Natlan news before I decide.

hypersheep325

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
RIP got punished by my good luck in Star Rail and lost the 50/50. Had to dig deep into my stash to get Wanderer's C2. Small consolation that it was Dehya who I lost to, so I own all the standard characters now.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I completely forgot it was a banner change
I sleep until Clorox and hopefully Chev
If I don't get Chlorine I don't super care but I want some Chev cons at least

Falk

Oct 26, 2017

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Oh yeah Banner change I resisted pulling more so it's just saving for Clorinde time now. Gonna get my 40 primos from the trials.
So i did 150 pulls for this banner and my results are crazy

Start off losing the 50/50 to tighnari
C1 Baizhu
Wanderer
C6 Faruzan
Congrats. C6 Faruzan is great to have and 3 5 * with 150 pulls.

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
As someone who is tone deaf a meeting of melodies is a bit of a pain, it just ends up with me not hearing any difference and ending up guessing on all of them, trial and error, yay.

But seeing arlecchino play a horn was pretty funny.

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
Oh yeah Banner change I resisted pulling more so it's just saving for Clorinde time now. Gonna get my 40 primos from the trials.

Congrats. C6 Faruzan is great to have and 3 5 * with 150 pulls.
Thanks I watched Zajef's video on the banners before pulling and knew C6 Faruzan would be nice for Wanderer and was just happy i got the C6 on my last ten pull.

now only one i want besides the archons is furina and navia

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gatorland
Windtrace is definitely one of the events of all time this go around.

Like I get what the devs were trying to go for this go around, past instances had the advantage a little too lopsided to the seekers, but this feels like they went hard in the opposite direction.

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
that baizhu trial run is definitely not a good way to showcase him

now if they gave us him with otter,, furina, kazuha. that would be a fun trial

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Thanks I watched Zajef's video on the banners before pulling and knew C6 Faruzan would be nice for Wanderer and was just happy i got the C6 on my last ten pull.

now only one i want besides the archons is furina and navia
It took me 359 pulls on Wanderer first Banner to C6 her so yeah you got some good luck. My pulling session ended with her and a Qiqi. that was 4 Wanderer a Keqing and Qiqi.
that baizhu trial run is definitely not a good way to showcase him

now if they gave us him with otter,, furina, kazuha. that would be a fun trial
Hope you made a prototype Amber for him if you could.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
I already made peace with the fact I'll never C6 Faruzan, since there's no way to buy her cons in the shop and she's tied to units I already have (Xianyun) or have no interest on (Wanderer).

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
It took me 359 pulls on Wanderer first Banner to C6 her so yeah you got some good luck. My pulling session ended with her and a Qiqi. that was 4 Wanderer a Keqing and Qiqi.

Hope you made a prototype Amber for him if you could.
ouch that is a lot of pulls. C4 Wanderer sounds crazy though. now if only i had the resources to level all these characters lol

yep i have one at r2 and even have a lost prayer for wanderer.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I already made peace with the fact I'll never C6 Faruzan, since there's no way to buy her cons in the shop and she's tied to units I already have (Xianyun) or have no interest on (Wanderer).
They should really start adding characters to the shop if they are not going to do epitomized path to help us. I hope for Chevreuse with Clorinde!

ouch that is a lot of pulls. C4 Wanderer sounds crazy though. now if only i had the resources to level all these characters lol

yep i have one at r2 and even have a lost prayer for wanderer.
4 Wanderer so C3 but he his C4 now since I had a guaranteed when is second banner came and went for it. Good that you have prototype Amber, do not be tempted by the weapon banner!!!

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
would really be nice if they added more 4 stars to the shop instead of just having two per month. Helps players like me with Bennett and XQ/XL being there but for players like you why not have Faruzan or others.

4 Wanderer so C3 but he his C4 now since I had a guaranteed when is second banner came and went for it. Good that you have prototype Amber, do not be tempted by the weapon banner!!!
Oh right, i for some reason always forget it starts a C0

The only weapon banner that looks tempting is furina's signature. but i would need to make peace with having another bow i will never use

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well I failed to get Arles weapon before it left. Any backups I can use? I got a sneaking suspicion any backup is gonna be something I can't get or already have on Ei lol

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Well I failed to get Arles weapon before it left. Any backups I can use? I got a sneaking suspicion any backup is gonna be something I can't get or already have on Ei lol
Like mentioned Primordial Jade Winged Spear. There's also the 3* White Tassel even If id hate using a 3*. Dragon's Bane/Missive Windspear can be nice with vape teams.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
They should really start adding characters to the shop if they are not going to do epitomized path to help us. I hope for Chevreuse with Clorinde!
would really be nice if they added more 4 stars to the shop instead of just having two per month. Helps players like me with Bennett and XQ/XL being there but for players like you why not have Faruzan or others.
Yep. There's nothing blocking them from doing that. After all, I'd still need to do some pulls to amass the needed starglitter for her, wait months for her return to the shop… So, it's not like she would be that much easier to obtain.

Time to get that C2 Xianyun!
And still be one or two constellations short of C6!!

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Like mentioned Primordial Jade Winged Spear. There's also the 3* White Tassel even If id hate using a 3*. Dragon's Bane/Missive Windspear can be nice with vape teams.
Ah damn, Raiden has my dragons bane and I've somehow managed to dodge both jade winged spear and the white tassel lol. I probably should have known not to pull for another spear character as they never seem to drop for me