Mr. Keith

Oct 31, 2017
He's a kid he don't care, he just wanted to do a cool thing to show to his friends. He probably talked about Bill Clinton because he must have once joked about it with his friends or something. If he wanted to be truly controversial/offensive he could have said anything else like "Free Kanye"
That's a fun way to whitewash what he said.

Rabbi Bill Clinton was just an inside joke between friends, not an age old antisemitic dog whistle.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
My mom was a woman who internalized deeply misogynistic views. Those things do happen. :/
Sadly, victims of abuse can become abusers.

BioShock Infinite gets criticized for a sequence where the slaves rise against their masters and kill them, but I never took it as the game saying "both sides are equally bad." Rather, it was lamenting the cyclical nature of abuse as something innate to humanity.

One of the game's recurring themes is how violence and abuse breed more violence and abuse, reflected in its use of the classic song "Will The Circle Go Unbroken." It's about how humans who lacked power sometimes misuse it once they have it. We've seen it time and again with regime change throughout history.

It makes me think of racists like Jontron, a son of Syrian immigrants who promoted Nazi viewpoints that would actually seek to deny immigration. Jontron has his privilege -- he is already in America -- so on some level, him trying to shut the door on other immigrant families is just about power.

My hair stylist is also an immigrant... and a huge Trumper (well, now DeSantis-er). I try to get her to think about the folly of supporting a fascist who would sooner send her away, but sometimes there's no reasoning with people like her.

Risitas

May 13, 2022
That's a fun way to whitewash what he said.

Rabbi Bill Clinton was just an inside joke between friends, not an age old antisemitic dog whistle.
I mean I don't know, apparently that's what this kid's friend said. Anyway If he wanted to be antisemitic live in front of more than 200k people he could have said something a lot more understandable than a weird sentence about Bill Clinton, but what he did was dumb anyway so who knows.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
I mean I don't know, apparently that's what this kid's friend said. Anyway If he wanted to be antisemitic live in front of more than 200k people he could have said something a lot more understandable than a weird sentence about Bill Clinton, but what he did was dumb anyway so who knows.

you know that dog whistles exist so there is plausible deniability right

Alex3190

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm just glad that no one was hurt. This could have gone much much worse.

Art_3

Banned
Aug 30, 2022
The little shit found the perfect way to spread his dogwhistle across social media now tons of people are spreading his hateful message without knowing just for the "LULZ", people are so enamored with trolling and being a little edgy that they completely miss hateful messages.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
The kid has been on infowars and was wearing Yeezy trainers.

You're making excuses for his intentional plausible deniability.

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
If you feared for your life like I did during COVID as an asian person just going fucking grocery shopping, you'd agree too. The kinds of stares and words I heard were the stuff of nightmares, and for months I just knew it was only a question of time until someone wasn't going to be satisfied with just calling me slurs anymore.

If you think that's all OK and should be protected speech, then you and I are so fundamentally at odds that your very existence makes me uncomfortable.

I'm sorry you had to go through that shit, Yeona. 😞

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
M5gBaji.jpg

Jess Henwick on Instagram, Sounds like maybe she had concerns about the lack of security on the night.
Indeed.

View: https://youtu.be/qVEgq182Eq0?t=12752
It's a joke, refencing her bit at the awards.

Oct 28, 2017

random kid jumped on the mic. apparently he was on infowars or some shit. big lapse in security.

holy shit, that's crazy the year i kinda didnt care to watch it live this happens damn it.

on a side note, im kinda glad the ER devs didnt understand the crazy nutjobs and danger this kid represented otherwise they wouldnt be so cool about it lol

im just glad it wasnt a nutjob with an AR15 or some shit like that

lexony

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissing Concerns of Antisemitism
I'd say they handled it pretty well. Camera cuts away really fast, Geoff dosen't comment it during the show, they gave that kid basically no platform. Still I'm surprised with what intensity it gets discussed here. In the end it was just a random kid with stupid opinions who did a stupid prank. They should take actions to prevent this from happening again, but obviously we don't have the insight what those will be or if it would have been already possible to get inside the venue with a dangerous weapon (which I don't believe). That's it. Don't see anything worthwhile discussing except for gossip or even worse giving the whole thing more attention than it deserves.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
You don't say the quiet part out loud. You hide your power levels. Otherwise you face social sanctions from the wider world and then others in your community dissociate from you because you're not being covert and they're focused on mainstreaming the bigotry.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
M5gBaji.jpg

Jess Henwick on Instagram, Sounds like maybe she had concerns about the lack of security on the night.
I think this was just a callback to her bit during the show when she said that it was statistically likely that a murderer was an in an audience that size.

Edit: Dang beaten. I stepped away just long enough for another page of responses to pop up.

Juturna

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of course he wasn't. He was probably just there until his parents picked him up. The people trying to conflate him being arrested with him being sent to prison are asinine. There's, uh, a wee bit of a difference there.

Yes...I'm an attorney, I know how the American justice system works. Was merely pointing it out for those who would think he was currently still jailed.

Zuko

Aug 11, 2020
Just goes to show in places like that you can do almost whatever you want as long as you do it with confidance. Security def needs to be tighter at events like this.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
I just received a DM to the website of the "local sports board" that cmcm posts on and all I can say is LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

May 14, 2021
There's a reason law enforcement throws a hand sign that means white power and is also associated with the gotcha game. Please don't excuse bigotry.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
People keep asking how he got on stage and I'm over here asking how he was even at the show to begin with.

You'd think they would only invite VERY SPECIFIC people, check their ticket and ID at the door to make sure they didn't give it to someone else, and completely filter out any non-industry people. I know that doesn't stop the Tommy Telecom's and other nuts in the industry, but I mean come on...

Cana

▲ Legend ▲
Mar 27, 2021
Okay so, correct me if Im following wrong but

• Kid is a political commentator
  • Has ties to right wing orgs like InfoWars and also follows several on twitter
  • Said something plausibly antisemitic
  • Is an avid Hong Kong supporter
This is all we know right?

Edit: took out the part of him maybe being Jewish after considering replies

Last edited:

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
People keep asking how he got on stage and I'm over here asking how he was even at the show to begin with.

You'd think they would only invite VERY SPECIFIC people, check their ticket and ID at the door to make sure they didn't give it to someone else, and completely filter out any non-industry people. I know that doesn't stop the Tommy Telecom's and other nuts in the industry, but I mean come on...
You can just buy tickets. It's not like the Oscars where it is invite only. I think tix were like 150.

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019

• May be Jewish himself which changes a lot
So kid is trash

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

Aside from "which changes a lot", yeah, that seems to be what we have.

Oct 30, 2017

It absolutely does not, good god.

Does the Club Q shooter's circumstances change because they stated they're nonbinary even though they murdered those clubgoers?

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
It was such a strange comment that it didn't register to me as positive or negative. Was just odd.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
People keep mentioning this kids shoes as some hard evidence of his shitty views and It just sounds very

1024.jpg

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
People keep mentioning this kids shoes as some hard evidence of his shitty views and It just sounds very

1024.jpg

Are you aware of a man named Kanye West.

Did you hear what he said in conjunction with the shoes.

Did you even read this thread?

It's exhausting, responses like yours is his antisemitic (and racist) shit is downplayed and normalized

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018

1024.jpg
If would sound like that if Ye didn't go on an antisemitic tirade the past month on every far right broadcast he could get on, and if what he said didn't align with those views.

It's not the shoes the make him sus, but the combination of what he said, his past, and the shoes.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

1024.jpg
Ultimately, the shoes aren't necessary to prove that when he's already appeared on a far right conspiracy theorist platform. We already know he's willing to associate with those platforms as a matter of course. Maybe it's possible the shoes themselves aren't a nefarious statement, but once we're already in the territory that he's associating with far right conspiracy theorists, the idea that he might deliberately wear a symbol of a far right conspiracy theorist doesn't really have to be questioned - that's already been demonstrated.

abby autopsy

Nov 24, 2020
You're right. But from the outside looking in, it's still striking to see minority individuals promote ideas that would harm them. In this case, someone who appears to be Jewish, spreading a conspiracy that Nazis would use to kill them.
This happens in all minority groups. There are plenty of trans people (Buck Angel, Blaire White and many more!) ready to throw the rest of us under the bus in exchange for head pats from fascists despite knowing (surely they know they cant be this naive) that once the transphobes have got rid of us 'bad transexuals' they will come after the 'good' ones next.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond

When I attended back in 2016 it was because I won tickets through a Nintendo Twitter contest. Everyone was ticketed and directed through to their seats but the Microsoft Theater is huge and it's likely someone could sneak in behind someone or through an alternate entrance. Security should be aware of those types of vulberabilities, of course, but it wasn't an event anyone could just walk into (at least then.)

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017

1024.jpg

No, the kid taking a mic and, in front of the world and with a chance to say anything, choosing antisemitic dog whistles is the evidence for his shitty views.

Wearing shoes from arguably the world's most famous living antisemite while doing so is just that little something extra. Nobody is saying the shoes are the smoking gun.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If would sound like that if Ye didn't go on an antisemitic tirade the past month on every far right broadcast he could get on, and if what he said didn't align with those views.

It's not the shoes the make him sus, but the combination of what he said, his past, and the shoes.

Exactly. The past month. How long has Yeezy brand shoes being a thing that people wear within the fashion industry. And how long has Kanye being spouting his antisemitic nonsense?

Just doesn't seem to be something worth mentioning to me. It's a shoe.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Exactly. The past month. How long has Yeezy brand shoes being a thing that people wear within the fashion industry. And how long has Kanye being spouting his antisemitic nonsense?

it's the shoe choice in conjunction with the antiemetic comment. are you being purposefully dense?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

Okay, but can I ask why of all the elements of this story that you could have come in this thread to talk about, you focused on the shoes?