Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Geoff isn't too bummed. Dude worked so hard on this show, and it turned out great, but then right at the finish line, a troll appears.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
People keep mentioning this kids shoes as some hard evidence of his shitty views and It just sounds very

1024.jpg
Its not a massive stretch to imagine that people who support Kanye and consume the products he pushes probably also agree with his views and are awful people without good critical thinking skills yes

Deleted member 27921

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
can anybody provide any context for this kid's appearance on InfoWars?
All I've seen is someone on twitter saying "i think he was on infowars" and then thousands of other people parroting that as a fact.

Was it an interview? Did he prank call the show? What's the deal here?

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Trolling and dismissing concerns of antisemitism over a series of posts; long history of trolling and inflammatory behavior including a severe ban for victim blaming
Okay, but can I ask why of all the elements of this story that you could have come in this thread to talk about, you focused on the shoes?

I just found it funny. Hence the original message with the paranoid "it's all connected" meme.

And no. I don't wear yeezy's. More of a DC man myself. But maybe that aligns me with something I'm unaware of too? I honestly just like the fit.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Exactly. The past month. How long has Yeezy brand shoes being a thing that people wear within the fashion industry. And how long has Kanye being spouting his antisemitic nonsense?

Just doesn't seem to be something worth mentioning to me. It's a shoe.
I wouldn't want to wear this shoe anymore. Would you?

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I hope Geoff isn't too bummed. Dude worked so hard on this show, and it turned out great, but then right at the finish line, a troll appears.

For real. Up to that point, it seemed like the biggest issues were Pacino not being able to see the teleprompter and Judge taking too long for his speech. Both of which weren't huge deals and easily forgotten. Then at the last possible second, this happens.

Happy it wasn't the absolute worst case though. This could have turned into a Inejiro Asanuma situation with how lax security appears to be at this event.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I just found it funny. Hence the original message with the paranoid "it's all connected" meme.

And no. I don't wear yeezy's. More of a DC man myself. But maybe that aligns me with something I'm unaware of too? I honestly just like the fit.
Ah yes just keep ignoring that context

Mr. Keith

Oct 31, 2017
It's like people need a bright red cap on peoples' heads to understand fashion can make a statement too.

"I really don't care do u?" could mean anything!

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
All I've seen is someone on twitter saying "i think he was on infowars" and then thousands of other people parroting that as a fact.

I think if it was true the clip would have surfaced by now.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Exactly. The past month. How long has Yeezy brand shoes being a thing that people wear within the fashion industry. And how long has Kanye being spouting his antisemitic nonsense?

Just doesn't seem to be something worth mentioning to me. It's a shoe.
Jogi isnt agreeing with you lol.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017

It's real, someone posted the clip of him on InfoWars earlier in this thread.

Honestly I don't think we should be putting effort into identifying and spreading this kid's identity, that's sorta what people like this want.

In any case, given this and his apparent history of being a nuisance at other gaming events, I think Security at venues are going to know who he is now, among other security measures that are about to get beefed up.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
because removing the context of the scenario is the only way you can defend the kid. dude is being willfully obtuse.

I'm not defending him. Dude shouldn't have had the chance to be up there at all. And could have had a damn knife or something. People have done worse in similar situation...but his shoes have no bearing in anything imo and just seems like a strange thing continually being up. Just funny to me. Nothing more. Nothing less.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

So, to make sure I understand the situation, you saw a thread about someone sneaking into an event to broadcast an antisemitic message, you saw people listing out his multiple connections with far right conspiracies, you decided that the point about the shoes were funny, chose to ignore the broader point of those messages to mock the references to shoes, were asked why you focused on the shoes to begin with, then decided to tell us us without additional prompting that you like the fit of another unrelated brand of shoe because of the fit?

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So, to make sure I understand the situation, you saw a thread about someone sneaking into an event to broadcast an antisemitic message, you saw people listing out his multiple connections with far right conspiracies, you decided that the point about the shoes were funny, chose to ignore the broader point of those messages to mock the references to shoes, were asked why you focused on the shoes to begin with, then decided to us unprompted that to tell us that you like the fit of another unrelated brand of shoe?

I agree'd with the broader points of the message. Infowars, dogwhistle. All good! Which is why I didn't mock them. Only the part about the shoes. Because shoes are shoes

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
.but his shoes have no bearing in anything imo and just seems like a strange thing continually being up. Just funny to me. Nothing more. Nothing less.

his shoes are brought up because he made an anti-Semitic dog whistle while wearing the shoes associated with the world's most famous living anti-Semite. is it really that hard for you to understand?

I agree'd with the broader points of the message. Infowars, dogwhistle. All good! Which is why I didn't mock them. Only the part about the shoes. Because shoes are shoes

the dude could do a Nazi salute and you'd probably say he's just waving lmfao

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Do you agree that the shoes are only brought up due to that broader context that you have not acknowledged until now, and that the significance of the shoes is only understood as a part of that context which, again, you have not acknowledged until now?

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
his shoes are brought up because he made an anti-Semitic dog whistle while wearing the shoes associated with the world's most famous living anti-Semite. is it really that hard for you to understand?

I mean. I guess if there's evidence to say the kid bought the shoes in the time since Kanye has been the most famous living antisemite. Then there would be a point. I concede.

If he bought them 6 years ago when as far as I'm aware, Kanye WASN'T known as the most famous living antisemite? (Maybe he was, I don't follow him?) Then it's just a guy wearing some old shoes imo.

Nilaul

Oct 26, 2017
Greece
User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissing Concerns of Antisemitism
His twitter channel is weird, like he is an underage kid with a political channel? Like is ok for teenagers to talk about politics but I dont know who is the taeget public of his channel
How often do you say things you don't understand? How often do you get up on stage, before a global audience, and say things you don't understand?

Come on now.
When I was a teenager I have said a lot of daft things (sometimes horrible) in front of many people, just because I thought its cool. I think pretty much everyone have said something bad in their teenage years, without even understanding what exactly it meant.

Mr. Keith

Oct 31, 2017
My favorite part of the shoes are shoes argument is the fact that Kanye certainly hasn't been courting a specific type of clientele for the better part of 6 years now.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If he bought them 6 years ago when as far as I'm aware, Kanye WASN'T known as the most famous living antisemite? (Maybe he was, I don't follow him?) Then it's just a guy wearing some old shoes imo.

Kids tend to outgrow clothing they would have bought six years ago, and that's also without mentioning that it's likely the shoes are a newer release

The Boat

Oct 28, 2017
I mean. I guess if there's evidence to say the kid bought the shoes in the time since Kanye has been the most famous living antisemite. Then there would be a point. I concede.

I'm sure he had no choice but to wear those shoes, he probably doesn't have any other pairs.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH

Kanye has leaned into racism and courted white nationalists for a very long time now.

Just because you seem to live in a cave doesn't mean everyone else is engaging in conspiratorial thinking-- despite what your initial intellectually dishonest post you made in this thread.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
When I was a teenager I have said a lot of daft things (sometimes horrible) in front of many people, just because I thought its cool. I think pretty much everyone have said something bad in their teenage years, without even understanding what exactly it meant.
Nope it really doesn't, at that age people don't understand the gravity of the things they say. Not defending the kid, but its very likely he didn't quite process it well in his head.
This is even more reason for people to relentlessly bury the dude. I don't really buy the whole "he's just a kid who doesn't know better" take, but if that's true, he needs to be met with overwhelming rejection for this so he understands that what he did was not ok.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
My favorite part of the shoes are shoes argument is the fact that Kanye certainly hasn't been courting a specific type of clientele for the better part of 6 years now.

Exactly. But maybe I'm mistaken? Maybe Kanye has been directly targeting antisemites for years with his yeezy shoes? But it only seems to have blown up recently when he went on his ridiculous tirade wearing a black hood in some chat show?

As far as im aware though, Kanye for the most part has been a very unhinged personality but has only RECENTLY been openly anti-Semitic and anti black?

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
This is even more reason for people to relentlessly bury the dude. I don't really buy the whole "he's just a kid who doesn't know better" take, but if that's true, he needs to be met with overwhelming rejection for this so he understands that what he did was not ok.
Unfortunately this is the gaming community and he will be just as much a meme as dorito pope and quoted ad nauseum over voice chat

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
As far as im aware though, Kanye for the most part has been a very unhinged personality but has only RECENTLY been openly anti-Semitic and anti black?

he donned the red cap in 2016 and said "Slavery was a choice" in 2018.

I only have 1 pair of shoes...I'll have to make it clear it wasn't a conscious decision to wear that specific brand if I ever storm a stage.

if the dude can afford yeezys, i'm sure he has more than 1 pair of shoes.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
What I was hoping to get KORNdog to think about is that honing in on the shoes of all this reflects a horrible arrangement of priorities, but as he seems to be ignoring anything that is not related to the shoes and how Kanye's antisemitic association with the shoes is a very recent thing, I don't think that's going to happen. I don't think anything about this topic is nearly as important to him as shoes, and that's the only place that KORNdog 's going to take this discussion to.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
It has already been brought up in this thread, but It could have ended way worse. I hope there are serious discussions happening regarding the security of the show and safety of everyone going forward.

Mr. Keith

Oct 31, 2017
Exactly. But maybe I'm mistaken? Maybe Kanye has been directly targeting antisemites for years with his yeezy shoes? But it only seems to have blown up recently when he went on his ridiculous tirade wearing a black hood in some chat show?

I was mocking your posts, not agreeing with them.

Kanye has been on the Trump train since 2015 saying all sorts of vile shit behind closed doors and publicly. Ignorance only goes so far.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
he donned the red cap in 2016 and said "Slavery was a choice" in 2018.

if the dude can afford yeezys, i'm sure he has more than 1 pair of shoes.

Not antisemitism though. The anti-Semitism seems to just be his recent ploy to stay in the media and get people talking about him? Or has he been doing antisemitic stuff in the past too? Genuine question. I don't know? I know he supported trump...and then didn't...but the whole "I like hitler" stuff is pretty new.

J-Tier

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
The "they are just shoes" take is so blatantly disingenuous. The dude goes on stage to make a statement—the shoes were an intentional part of that statement.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this the same kid for real? I don't wanna be weird, but he spoke with a much stronger accent at TGA...
This whole thing is so bizarre. I want to think that ignoring it and moving on is the best thing, but would equally hate to see anything similar happen to other devs up on stage.

He updated his Twitter account with his appearance last night. Unless someone chose to hack an account that wasn't used in a year and a half for this, with the last posts being about Hong Kong and commenting on the rise of anti-Asian sentiment, it's him.

Not trying to defend him by saying this, but it's weird someone would be antisemitic in this way and yet be defensive of Asians in the COVID era. We've seen how deranged people who whine about "globalists" and we all know what that word means also have hostility to Asians. Usually hateful people are easy to pick on everyone in the outgroup. Either he was shitposting or trying to make a political statement, and the infuriating thing is because of the sort of show this was where viral clips are when the show goes off the rails, it's hard to see if this kid was trying to have an absurd "fuck the Oscars" moment or honest antisemitism. Better to assume the latter and backpedal up from there if that's not the case and err on the side of caution here, however. It speaks more honestly about America today to take that position, and that's more damning than anything the kid said and what he actually may have meant by it.

Oct 27, 2017

Fun fact: this is not accurate and there are several threads here on Era that can help clear this up for you.
May I suggest hitting up this one from four years ago?
www.resetera.com

Kanye TMZ Live Interview: "When you hear about slavery for 400 years. ... That sounds like a choice"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_M4LkYra5k&feature=youtu.be speaks for itself

Edit: Nevermind. You want to hide behind ignorance and want people to do the googling for you.

Last edited:

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Not antisemitism though. The anti-Semitism seems to just be his recent ploy to stay in the media and get people talking about him? Or has he been doing antisemitic stuff in the past too? Genuine question. I don't know? I know he supported trump...and then didn't...but the whole "I like hitler" stuff is pretty new.

Bro, you're so intellectually dishonest its actually hurting my head to further engage you. Stop making excuses for this kid.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
He wanted to name one of his albums Hitler. You should go read the thread. He's been this way for years but has been able to keep much of it under wraps.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
He goes along with the interviewer's false narrative that China ordered the NBA to put BLM on jerseys and have players kneel, with no pushback. Maybe he knew no better at the age he was then and believed the bullshit he was being fed by the right wing media but to me, it sounds like he knows full well the part he's playing and is using the seemingly innocuous "Hong Kong & Taiwan awareness" angle to try and fool other kids his age into buying into the lies, like a "gateway drug".

I think people don't realise that just because someone supports HK and Taiwan doesn't mean they're doing it for a good cause. There's a percentage of these people who are trumpers who will support anything that looks remotely anti-China.

The kid should get some community service hours and a fine. If he can buy those shoes he can most certainly afford to pay a small fine.