Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Neuwahlen

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 27 11.8%

• Total voters

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Preventing an Anti-NATO, Pro-Russian party of becoming a member of the next government is all the motivation I need to vote for FDP.
Hoping for the Ampel under Scholz.
Although I'm not sure if I'm ready for a man as Frau Bundeskanzlerin.
I dont really see the reasoning here. FDP couldnt be much more away from domestic policies in comparison to Die Linke. Grüne or SPD are much closer alternatives.

The end result is even stranger to want if you're only concerned about Die Linke foreign policy.
Ampel = Watered down social policies and climate policies we desperately need
RGR = Die Linke as junior partner wont be able to change anything regarding our Nato membership, and probably also nothing in regards to our relations to Russia. Very much doubt Die Linke want or would get the Außenministerium as junior partner.

So yeah, I dont really get it.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I dont really see the reasoning here. FDP couldnt be much more away from domestic policies in comparison to Die Linke. Grüne or SPD are much closer alternatives.

The end result is even stranger to want if you're only concerned about Die Linke foreign policy.
RGR = Die Linke as junior partner wont be able to change anything regarding our Nato membership, and probably also nothing in regards to our relations to Russia. Very much doubt Die Linke want or would get the Außenministerium as junior partner.

I agree. Since Die Linke is not really internally aligned it could lead to protest blocks when it comes to voting on some issues though. Might not make a difference in the end but at least some of my friends voiced concerns about that and don't want a RGR coalition because of that.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my fucking god i can´t

LOL, those kids were clearly well prepared, had to learn those questions or had ear pieces . STILL

4bd62b54-e520-46c2-bxmjcs.jpeg

Last edited:

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I have no idea why Laschet feels like he needs to play nice with Maaßen. Unless it's all just insidious fishing for far right votes.

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
I have no idea why Laschet feels like he needs to play nice with Maaßen. Unless it's all just insidious fishing for far right votes.

The CDU is fishing harder on the far right than on the centrist or left side imo. I never agreed with the CDU but I've never felt them being as fucked up as they are this election. Merkel was, at least on the surface, pretty much about unity, but Laschet is really playing the us vs them game. Like they are trying to take notes of every far right party around the world.

edit: my worry is where they are going when they lose big time this round. More to the right or trying to get back to Kohl/Merkel days?

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Me too.

Nothing points to Greens and CDU being compatible. The political agenda is different, the idea of the social state is different, the urgency in climate change is different, tax ideas are different, reformation ideas are different. EVERYTHING is incompatible. I do not even understand why Ampel is being talked about as a logical possibility by our media.
I voted green, I'd feel betrayed by Ampel (Coalition of Greens, conservative CDU, economically liberal FDP)
You're thinking of Jamaika. Ampel (red-yellow-green) swaps out the CDU for the SPD.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
This is also where I am currently at, not sure who to vote for though. FDP just seems at odds with SPD and Grüne on basically every topic.

I still don't know, who I should vote, since I don't like Scholz and don't trust him to really work towards what he is promising and I am scared of the greens having to choose between RGR and Jamaica and going with the latter.
Voting SPD means they have free choice. That's why i dont vote for them because they made the wrong choices in the past.

CDU will never work together with green so they'd be out if green is in.

Red green yellow or red green red is still better than red green black, black green blue.
So green party as constant does make the results better.

Totally agree

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone else seeing more DKP posters popping up in their area? They never really bothered before, but now they somehow have more local presence than the CDU.

Bitch Pudding

Oct 25, 2017
The Linke is VERY eager to tell anyone that their anti-NATO stance won't be a problem. During the coalition talks.

Last edited:

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Inder lots of MLPD and some DKP around here in Essen.

Sadly also die Basis. Even saw them at the market, but didn't seem like that many people wanted to talk to the guy.

The best market experience was when the AFD showed up. Immediately there was a group of Antifa protestors. Of course police showed up but they apparently just stood by there the whole time looking bored. 🤣 You could just see the AFD idiots seething.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, something I'm a fan of and funny enough is something firends and I discussed a few year back is creating a better european train network
with bullet trains all over the continent only stopping at major cities to standardize the infrastructure, use all that interest free money to invest and
create jobs and strengthen the EU has now somewhat popped up as an proposal by The Grüne.
They wanna create an european wide night train network, to minimize the use of planes which I think is great. Sure it would benefit Germany as the central country in Europe but imagine traveling from one major city to the other without all the check in shit at any airport and arriving at your destination the next morning.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Oh yeah, something I'm a fan of and funny enough is something firends and I discussed a few year back is creating a better european train network
with bullet trains all over the continent only stopping at major cities to standardize the infrastructure, use all that interest free money to invest and
create jobs and strengthen the EU has now somewhat popped up as an proposal by The Grüne.
They wanna create an european wide night train network, to minimize the use of planes which I think is great. Sure it would benefit Germany as the central country in Europe but imagine traveling from one major city to the other without all the check in shit at any airport and arriving at your destination the next morning.

The important thing is for pricing to be really competitive. If it costs the same or more than a plane ride, while being longer it would be an awful alternative.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone seen how Scholz' turn in the Pro7 Bundestagswahl-Show went? Didn't see it. I've only seen Laschet embarrassing himself again in the Wahlkampfarena on ARD.

MrMysterio

Oct 25, 2017

I love that idea! Especially for young people with that European wide train travel pass.

DO IT

OP
OP

Deleted member 5491

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone seen how Scholz' turn in the Pro7 Bundestagswahl-Show went? Didn't see it. I've only seen Laschet embarrassing himself again in the Wahlkampfarena on ARD.
He was also questioned tough stuff, and tried to beat aroudn the bush like these people do, but remained calm, didn't talk down to the kids or advocated that smoking isn't that bad.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
He was also questioned tough stuff, and tried to beat aroudn the bush like these people do, but remained calm, didn't talk down to the kids or advocated that smoking isn't that bad.

I mean, beating around the bush and "bending" truth is basically the normal for politicians, but Laschet puts this on a whole new level in terms of how much and how bad. If Scholz handled this decently (for a politician) then i'm okay.

Stuff like this is the only thing that could ultimately hurt him in these last 1 1/2 weeks.

I feel like I am missing some context here.

Laschet was in that "Kids interview" segment in Late Night Berlin on Pro 7 on tuesday evening. One of the two kids asked him why he smokes and if he wants to stop because it's unhealthy and his answer was "Ich rauch die nicht auf Lunge, schon okay."

Should be easy to find on Youtube if you want to watch the whole desaster.

Scholz was there, too. But as you could guess already, he wasn't overstrained by having to answer some spicy questions from two kids in some 10 minutes.

You should watch on Laschets face during the interview, you can easily see how spite and hateful he has gotten against those two kids, legit scary.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5491

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I am missing some context here.
Laschet got asked about Maaßen (who is close with literal Nazis), the Hambacher Forst and same sex marriage and Laschet lied, got stroppy and even said that smoking (which he does) isn't
that ad unhealthy as long as you're not inhaling it into your lungs. Because he got asked if he wants to stop smoking. And all of this in front of fucking kids.

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
Voting SPD means they have free choice. That's why i dont vote for them because they made the wrong choices in the past.

CDU will never work together with green so they'd be out if green is in.

Red green yellow or red green red is still better than red green black, black green blue.
So green party as constant does make the results better.

Totally agree

I was planning on voting green, but I still fear the FDP pressuring them into Jamaica.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017

I like it.
Night trains are great for traveling if they are competitive with airplanes. You can even shave off 1 or 2 days of traveling (or have more days/time at your destination) if you think about it. If you have no issues with sleeping on a train and get a restful sleep, you can nearly use the full day after you arrive at your destination. And you can either go back a day earlier (at night) or stay a day longer till the night.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
I was planning on voting green, but I still fear the FDP pressuring them into Jamaica.
As i see it voting green will represent me best.
Left would might not make it.
Spd might do what they want
Green i hope they wont compromise away all climate goals

grr is ideal
Rgr a compromise
Jamaika unfortunate but something
Worst outcome would be anything with cdu in combination of fdp

Last edited:

mehm

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone tell me why almost all of the big news outlets are Laschet/Union centric in their news reports? Like "Laschet bläst zum Angriff" "Kann Laschet noch aufholen?" "Laschet hat wieder gute Chancen". And Scholz gets only negative news reports like "Warum hat Scholz das gesagt?" "Scholzs Europa Plan ist für die Tonne" and so on. That's almost a manipulation of the voters. How can it be a fair Bundestagswahl if the media clearly wants Laschet/Union?

MrMysterio

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone tell me why almost all of the big news outlets are Laschet/Union centric in their news reports? Like "Laschet bläst zum Angriff" "Kann Laschet noch aufholen?" "Laschet hat wieder gute Chancen". And Scholz gets only negative news reports like "Warum hat Scholz das gesagt?" "Scholzs Europa Plan ist für die Tonne" and so on. That's almost a manipulation of the voters. How can it be a fair Bundestagswahl if the media clearly wants Laschet/Union?
German media is a painfully under-investigated, corrupt, half-state, half company kind of affair. It's really messy over here with any kind of medium.

Carvel

Nov 6, 2017
Mainz, Germany

If they want a chance to govern at all, this should not be cheap for Union and FDP. Which in return automatically makes Jamaica less attractive for them, the more votes the Greens get.
While FDP might be the party with the least votes in this scenario, they and Union are already in agreement about a lot of topics; so the green party would be at one side of the negotiation table and CDU, CSU, FDP on the other. There is a slight risk of course but more votes means more people agree with your platform in the first place, so better don't agree to a coalition that isn't supported by your base. On the other hand I fee like the stronger Die Linke gets, the less likely RRG gets. If you felt like voting green, voting green is the best decision, imo.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5491

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All depends on the outlet. If it's something like FAZ, NZZ, anything from Springer you can bet your ass they wanna make look Laschet as good as possible. Heck you will even find some bullshit at Zeit, Spiegel and Tagesspiegel if you stumble across the right person. And I wouldn't call it manipulation. Biased for sure and implausible but manipulation... nah

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017

Just a little example, one of Laschets election campaign leaders is a former editor in chief of the Bild Zeitung and was a higher-up at the news editorial at RTL/n-TV.
Makes you think, right?

Ultimately, the smear campaign against Baerbock earlier this year showed undeniably how pro-CDU/FDP most mainstream media are. Dragged this out for weeks while handily ignoring all those well-documented scandals and fuck-ups from Laschet. This wouldn't have been work for a reporter even, because like i said, this is all well-documented.

I'd like to say the current issue in the ministry of finance shows this undeniably again. A, well for most parts non-issue that could've been cleared by internal communication, dragged out for more than a week again.

Yet that court verdict about the Hambacher Forst, a scandal where even one person *died*, was nothing more but a side-story for them.

It's sad, but without people like for example Rezo or even the Late Night Berlin / Flordia Production people, there wouldn't be many prominent voices going against the CDU/FDP.

Last edited:

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

That dotted line between Ireland and the rest is doing a lot of presumption. There's no tunnel there, do they plan to build one or what?

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Linke is VERY eager to tell anyone that their anti-NATO stance won't be a problem. During the coalition talks.

And the FDP is very happy that nobody is talking about them using AfD to get into power in Thüringen (germane state) right before the covid crisis started.
While Die Linke (The Left) is unelectable directly for reasons that I have repeated continuously on the last couple of pages. I at least do not fear that they are going to betray core democratic values and work together with the nazi scourge that is the AfD

Die Linke is trapped in anti establishment, Cold War rethoric and allowing an imaginary iron curtain to drag them down. Shame on them for that.

But what the FDP did, was truly undemocratic and harmful.

The FDP spin doctors are telling the fairytale of AfD playing dirty on them. While there was communication between AfD and FDP on the matter prior to the election and accepting those votes in the first place tells the story of a short lived state-president thinking he can use Nazis to get into power. Everybody with even bare knowledge of how our Weimarer Republic failed and allowed for the third reich to rise looked at the situation with fear and disbelieve!

Lindner (FDP leader) also waited for quiet a while to make a statement about this. You'd expect a "liberal" party leader to come straight out to criticise such awful behaviour, instead he waited to check out how the public & press would react.

Elect what you want, but in m opinion the FDP is unelectable. They are saying one thing, but when the opportunity arises. They do the opposite.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5491

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That dotted line between Ireland and the rest is doing a lot of presumption. There's no tunnel there, do they plan to build one or what?
These are possible lines for rides that would take longer than 14h from start to finish or would only work during certain seasons.
(Or someone would need to built them aswell)

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah i don't trust them at all.Linke has so many weird people in their ranks i doubt RRG would survive 4 years without the majority breaking down due to Linke MPs betraying the coalition.

Streusel

â–² Legend â–²
Dec 28, 2017
regarding the FIU scandal

https://www.tagesschau.de/inland/btw21/scholz-vorwuerfe-finanzministerium-101.html

Der Verfassungsrechtler Joachim Wieland sieht das anders. Dem ARD-Hauptstadtstudio sagt er, die Behauptung der Staatsanwaltschaft in der Pressemitteilung sei vom Durchsuchungsbeschluss nicht gedeckt und insoweit rechtswidrig: "Weil Pressemitteilungen einer Behörde der Amtspflicht zur wahrheitsgemäßen Unterrichtung der Öffentlichkeit unterliegen, die vorliegend verletzt wurde."

Wenn die Staatsanwaltschaft untersuchen wolle, ob und gegebenenfalls inwieweit die Leitung sowie Verantwortliche im Ministerium sowie vorgesetzte Dienststellen in die Entscheidung der FIU eingebunden waren, dann "hätte sie bei dem zuständigen Richter einen entsprechenden Durchsuchungsbeschluss beantragen müssen. Der tatsächlich beantragte, vom Richter genehmigte Durchsuchungsbeschluss war aber auf die Identifizierung der beteiligten Mitarbeiter der FIU beschränkt und deckte eine Untersuchung gegen Verantwortliche im Finanzministerium nicht ab", sagt der Rechtswissenschaftler.

Und es gibt weitere Ungereimtheiten in Bezug auf den Durchsuchungsbeschluss. Davon gibt es zwei: einen für das Justizministerium und einen für das Bundesministerium der Finanzen. Dieser ist auf den 10. August datiert. Die Durchsuchung findet aber erst einen Monat später statt. Ein ungewöhnlich langer Zeitraum zwischen Beschluss und Durchsuchung, den die Staatsanwaltschaft mit einer Panne beim Amtsgericht erklärt. Dieses habe den Antrag für den Durchsuchungsbeschluss beim Justizministerium übersehen und nur den Beschluss für das Finanzministerium ausgefertigt. Erst am 23. August sei das aufgefallen. Am 25. August stellt das Amtsgericht Osnabrück auch einen Beschluss für das Justizministerium aus.

Für den Verfassungsrechtler Wieland ist das erstaunlich. Ein Durchsuchungsbeschluss sei per Definition eilbedürftig. "Den legt man sich ja nicht in den Schrank und wartet, bis man ihn wieder braucht." Das Amtsgericht stelle so einen Beschluss ja auch unter dem Eindruck einer bestimmten Situation aus. "Die kann sich ja vier Wochen später auch wieder geändert haben."

but at least CDU got their "razzia in scholz ministry" and "investigation against scholz state secretary" headlines, so who cares right?

OP
OP

Deleted member 5491

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
regarding the FIU scandal

https://www.tagesschau.de/inland/btw21/scholz-vorwuerfe-finanzministerium-101.html

but at least CDU got their "razzia in scholz ministry" and "investigation against scholz state secretary" headlines, so who cares right?

Looking at the latest "Sonntagsumfrage" the general voters in germany don't care about it. ^^

This whole thing is scummy as fuck and smells like CDU playing dirty with the prosecutor apparently being a CDU member and everything.

It is, especially since this is all inherited bullshit from Schäuble.

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017

Because you're only selectively reading them. "all of the big news outlets" my ass
The media has harped on about Laschet's low popularity ratings for months. Now he's seen an uptick, and so they obviously talk about that as well.
Not sure where you're seeing this overly negative reporting on Scholz either.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
E: I know it's t-online, but this is some funny shit:

www.t-online.de

Ex-Bahnchef und andere Industrievertreter werben für Scholz

In den Umfragen läuft es gerade gut für Olaf Scholz. Nun erfährt der Kanzlerk...

More than 50 "top-managers" from economy call for the people to vote Scholz. You don't see that very often.

media%2FE_ZZ6H6WQAM9Xin.jpg%3Fname%3Dorig

this election campaign is pure entertainment

So we're at the point where CDU is like "If you vote for ANYONE but us, you get communism!", yes?

Cool, i wonder when higher ups at the CDU start with that "You know, the AfD isn't actually *so* bad" mind-plays.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's the same with the Wahlarena(Town Hall Meeting like event for candidates) from yesterday.

BILD, CDU and others are furious because some questions were asked by prepared "activists".

It's not like they asked new things: Hambacher Forst (primeval forest that was being protected by activists. Laschet illegally used police forces to vacate it) and the distance rules that prevent wind energy from being constructed are being talked about constantly.

Why is it of interest who is asking questions. That's not the problem, Laschet is having trouble because of the content of the questions.

media%2FE_ZZ6H6WQAM9Xin.jpg%3Fname%3Dorig

this election campaign is pure entertainment

lol, that has to be fake. Come on

Bitch Pudding

Oct 25, 2017
Almost as funny as Die Partei's "Wollen wir wirklich die Wirtschaft opfern, nur um den Planeten zu retten"? slogan.

Oct 25, 2017

If you want to follow the tweets of Binkowska they are something.

Hate me if you want, but that was what they were doing in those interviews. They used kids to ask about stuff like Hans-Georg Maaßen or the evictions at Hambacher Forst. I'm glad they finally caught his same sex marriage lie, though, because our well paid journalists are apparently unable to fact-check even the most basic claims.

Streusel

â–² Legend â–²
Dec 28, 2017
It's the same with the Wahlarena(Town Hall Meeting like event for candidates) from yesterday.

BILD, CDU and others are furious because some questions were asked by prepared "activists".

It's not like they asked new things: Hambacher Forst (primeval forest that was being protected by activists. Laschet illegally used police forces to vacate it) and the distance rules that prevent wind energy from being constructed are being talked about constantly.

Why is it of interest who is asking questions. That's not the problem, Laschet is having trouble because of the content of the questions.

lol, that has to be fake. Come on

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
If you think the CDU is scummy now wait until they lost the election, laschet has to resign and the right wing takes over the party