OP
OP
BoboBrazil

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Our democracy is at stake. Our country can't survive another 4 years of Trump. So if putting up these signs convinces even a few people to vote it's worth it. Unfortunately I don't have the game or I would lol

And no, Biden is not a rapist.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Wasn't this debunked?

It's best to read up on it yourself as the whole subject is pretty loaded for obvious reasons.

you'd think if Biden raped someone, it'd be all over the news, but I can't recall hearing anything

care to enlighten us?

Trump has been accused of sexual assault by more than ten women and yet you almost never hear about it on the news. The news does a very bad job these days reporting the news. A lot of these networks are just plain not trustworthy.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
That's pretty cool, a shame I don't enjoy Animal Crossing anymore, but it's unreal how this game has reached the masses.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
Most of my villagers would be fine with that except maybe the Republican eagle. Also, Nook is a libertarian.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Ah, the "you must be a trump supporter if you don't unequivocally love Biden/Harris" replies coming in hot

psionotic

May 29, 2019
In response, Trump campaign announces Keep Animal Crossing Great pack. Includes Trump villager, black iron wall tileset, AR-15 tool, and klan hood.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Because it's their game? I don't play animal crossing so I don't understand how this works, but it could look as Nintendo is endorsing a political campaign and I'm not sure they would want that.
Anyone can create this signs in-game, so unless Nintendo creates specific restrictions this is just the feature being used as a political platform.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
What's the Venn diagram look like of the overlap between those disgusted with this and those who don't get what the big deal is about the military recruiting kids through Twitch

Verhai

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have a hunch that they didn't do this for the people on Era.
Except some people here do like it. It seems more like a gaming side thing tbh.
Alright we should put this on the Etcetera part aswell and then we'll see what the optics are. I personally think its great it just shows who the Biden campaign is trying to target. I wonder if Trump is going to do the same and get himself in a game now.

Hellsing321

Oct 30, 2017
A lot of "bitch eating crackers" vibes from some posters in here. It's a player made pattern they are making available to supporters of the campaign. Don't like it don't download the patterns.

Shane M

Avenger
Jan 1, 2018
Thorold, Ontario, Canada
The ones who don't want it is the ones who didn't vote but bitch about it, who are not even from the U.S. but somehow know all about U.S. politics , or voted for a certain someone who gets all pissy and use rose emojis in their handle because he endorsed Biden.
Social democrats have been using rose emojis in their handles for years, I don't see what that has to do with the Biden endorsement.

Deleted member 6122

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get comments like this, because gamers like to swear up and down that "gaming isn't just for children!" (which is true) but then as soon as something like this happens, it's like "uh, why are they trying so hard to be hip with the kids?"

Zillions of adults played Animal Crossing this year. It cast an incredibly wide net. It's part of the culture, now. Gamers seem to want to have it both ways; they want gaming to be mainstream and "accepted" and then at the same time they want it to be like this cool insider thing and if any outsider tries to interact with it, it's "cringe."

If gaming is mainstream, stuff like this is going to happen.
It's cringe because Joe Biden is doing it. If Trump were doing it, that would be cringe too. You think either of them even know what animal crossing is? It come across as major pandering. With someone like AOC, who actually personally went and visited people's islands, that was cool because it didn't feel forced or like something she was doing just for weird PR points.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
You've never heard of Tara Reade?
www.vox.com

A sexual assault allegation against Joe Biden has ignited controversy

A woman says Biden assaulted her in 1993 and has filed a criminal complaint.
You must not have, because I'm pretty sure she was proven to be a pathological liar, last I heard. Haven't heard a peep about it in months since it came out that she lied about her credentials for her day job.

Also this is big time cringe, my god. Hello fellow kids indeed. Uncle Joe probably doesn't even know what a Nintendo gizmo whatchahoozit is

Ovaryactor

Nov 20, 2018
Lol ew

I guess I'd enjoy this if I was lacking in imagination but I wish animal crossing made fun of politics a little more, or took a light hearted angle. Though I know Nintendo can't do anything about this sorta thing. So, I guess it exists for the folks who already like Biden/Harris.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Are the people saying eww, the same people that moan about politics in video games?
For me, no. This voting season is going to be extremely violent and filled so much BS, that people will need to escape. Having it constantly in your face is not good for a lot of people's mental health.

I don't care about politics in games, but if Trump were to do this, the internet would melt. I am not a Trump fan in the slightest. I absolutely loathe the man.

SnazzyNaz

The Wise Ones
Nov 11, 2019
oh that lol

of course, how could I forget the woman that may have jeopardized a bunch of sexual assault cases with her lies
I tend to believe that she withheld certain details until she felt it absolutely necessary as it was surely an immensely traumatic experience - both the assault and having people like you turn a blind eye.

Verhai

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
With all of the allegations piling up on Joe and the horrible stuff that Kamala did during her time as AG and now they're trying to play it off to the kids that they're hip and cool. If Trump did this the fucking outrage that there'd be.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For me, no. This voting season is going to be extremely violent and filled so much BS, that people will need to escape. Having it constantly in your face is not good for a lot of people's mental health.

I don't care about politics in games, but if Trump were to do this, the internet would melt. I am not a Trump fan in the slightest. I absolutely loathe the man.
They aren't forcing you to display these signs.

julian

Oct 27, 2017

If we could argue politics exclusively through Animal Crossing, I think the world would be a better place.
....Animal Crossing might go to shit though.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
With all of the allegations piling up on Joe and the horrible stuff that Kamala did during her time as AG and now they're trying to play it off to the kids that they're hip and cool. If Trump did this the fucking outrage that there'd be.
What allegations piling up? What is going on in this thread?