• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Think this needed its on thread since this was one of the most asked questions. This was the longest region in the game.
Push Square: Straight into it, how big is the Iki Island expansion?
Nate Fox, Creative Director:If you're familiar with Ghost of Tsushima, Iki Island is the size of, really, the first act of the main game, Izuhara. It's a big, dense story with a lot of landscape and secrets to discover.

HOW LONG DO YOU EXPECT IT'LL TAKE PLAYERS TO COMPLETE THE IKI ISLAND EXPANSION?

PD: The way to think about it is that the size of Iki and the content, you know the breadth and depth, is analogous to an act in the main game. So if you think of the first region, Izuhara, it'll have that variety and depth of content, and playtime, of course.
press-start.com.au

We Spoke To Sucker Punch About Creating New Player Experiences For Ghost Of Tsushima Director's Cut

We Spoke To Sucker Punch About Creating New Player Experiences For Ghost Of Tsushima Director's Cut
[h3][/h3][h3][/h3]

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
That's perfect. I'd have been fine even if it was shorter. I don't equate quality with length and neither should anyone else.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Means little when variety is expected to follow the same template. I'd rather prefer a few hours of mission design never used in the original.

OGlol

Jun 4, 2018
If i remember that first part correctly, at least 100%ing it, was like half the game?

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020
I don't equate quality with length and neither should anyone else.
The question is never really about quality, as it is a subjective matter, but rather price.
When you have free-to-play games offering you dozens upon dozens of hours of gameplay, it becomes harder to accept being charged for a game you can 100% in two afternoons.

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
So I'll probably spend all the time getting the collectibles then do the story when I am OP like in the main game.

What? Its an expansion so yeah it will follow the same template

I mean the first game was fun, but very repetitive, the AI horrible and very easy.

I imagine that comments is meant that they would want some original, never used, mission design. I'll add maybe use some single use context actions too so that the experience of the expansion is not just the exact same but with a new coat of paint.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
That's pretty meaty. I'm sure it'll be a lot like the base game, a good amount of content for those just wanting to complete the story and some side missions/Tales and a lot of completionist-friendlt content on top of it.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
So the upcharge is definitely worth it, especially for those who attribute length of gameplay to dollar value.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I don't really remember how long that was tbh. I think the game took me like 30-40 hours to 100% maybe, and like a third or so was in that first region. Can't recall exactly, though

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, I spent over 80 hours in 1st game to do everything. So I figure this is about 20 hours.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Length is the last thing this game has to focus on. If anything, the base game was too long. I loved it, but the gameplay loop wasn't quite varied enough to stay fresh throughout *that many* mongol camps.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
I read this as same length as the first Ghost of Tsushima.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
First area is huge so that's good to hear. Sounds like a meaty expansion. Though even if it wasn't I'd still pick it up. Loved the base game.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Means little when variety is expected to follow the same template. I'd rather prefer a few hours of mission design never used in the original.

Chasing Foxes & searching for pillars gets old VERY fast. The original Island is way too big for what there is to do in it. If it was half the size and there were half the number of collectibles it would have been a better game. Getting the platinum in the original game was an absolute slog.

Tranquility

Oct 28, 2017
Value for money. I am 36 hours into the main game and still have 1/3 of the second area left to do. This sounds like 20 hours or more.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Wow that's insane. I was already on board but the price definitely seems justified to me if it's the same quality as the base game

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Curious to see if they've learned any lessons on open world game design since then. GoT's open world mechanics were painfully generic, rudimentary and repetitive.

The stellar presentation was a real treat though, just a gorgeous open world.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm actually reading some people downplaying this upgrade or whining still about it. Just don't play it then? Looks like devs did a great job, again.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
So are there levels in this game?

From what I understand, you want to visit Iki Island during Act 2, but if the expansion is that meaty, won't it throw off the rest of the game when you eventually complete the storyline/gameplay of the island?

I've never played the game, so everything will be fresh for me. I just don't want to play into Act 2, then go to Iki Island and complete it, then I become too strong (over-level?) for the remainder of the game.

I guess I just don't understand how character advancement works in this game.

Oneandonly16

Mar 11, 2019
That's great news. IIRC, the first region took me the longest time to complete compared to the others. Can't wait to play this

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
So are there levels in this game?

From what I understand, you want to visit Iki Island during Act 2, but if the expansion is that meaty, won't it throw off the rest of the game when you eventually complete the storyline/gameplay of the island?

I've never played the game, so everything will be fresh for me. I just don't want to play into Act 2, then go to Iki Island and complete it, then I become too strong (over-level?) for the remainder of the game.

I guess I just don't understand how character advancement works in this game.
It scales

"Whether you go there right at the beginning of act two, or you go there at the end of the game, a challenge will be presented because we're scaling the difficulty of it," Connell said. "If you've already gone all the way to the end of the game, it's not like it's going to be a breeze. It's still going to have a challenge for you, which is important considering the way that we've implemented this."
www.ign.com

Ghost of Tsushima Devs on Adding PS5 Functionality, Introducing a New Villain in Director's Cut - IGN

Ghost of Tsushima's developers tease what's ahead in the Director's Cut, including new gameplay elements, Iki Island's story, PS5 additions, and more.