• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Finish act 2
what the hell with the uncle, he is such a dick
Talk about honor and suggest that Jin blame a women
Lol

Oct 25, 2017
Just had a side quest in chapter 2. One of the one's where the locals think a creature has been attacking them in the swamps. And it felt like the cutscenes were of a higher quality more close ups? Not just Jin talking to the NPC in a wide shot. Maybe I just have done enough of them but wonder how frequent those are.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
Just had a side quest in chapter 2. One of the one's where the locals think a creature has been attacking them in the swamps. And it felt like the cutscenes were of a higher quality more close ups? Not just Jin talking to the NPC in a wide shot. Maybe I just have done enough of them but wonder how frequent those are.

that wide shot poor animation cutscenes are a recurring theme throughout the game,
feels like budget, production constraint probably.

Oct 25, 2017
that wide shot poor animation cutscenes are a recurring theme throughout the game,
feels like budget, production constraint probably.

Yeah there were a couple like that in Spiderman but felt like it was the majority of side quests in Ghost so was surprised to see them to have some high quality cutscenes seemingly randomly?

Not to spoil the quest but that one did have the NPC showing some emotion so can see why it was chosen for that one.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
My wife met up with some friends today for outdoor dining lunch.
After doing about an hour of responsible adult things, I played this game for a good 4 hours, the longest I have played it in one session since it has been released (I am still on Act II).
It then is getting pretty late so I decided to take my dogs for a walk before dinner since we did not go on one this morning because it was raining.

No less than 3 times I swore I heard the damn yellow bird from this game. I live in the suburbs of New Jersey.and while I did not officially look it up, I am pretty damn sure whatever species of bird the yellow bird is in GoT, it does not live in New Jersey. Perhaps it does but I highly doubt it. But I swear I heard it. 3 times. And yes the first time I looked up thanks to instinct.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"Fight with honor, Jin."

No.

Love how laughably easy it is on lethal. Ghost stance makes quick work of these duels.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
So act 2 is pretty much just more of the same. Yeah I think it really is best I just stick purely to the main story from here. The side stuff is consistently repetitive and uninteresting, and the checklist nature of everything in the world and the game design is exhausting.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
I hadn't realized that the trophy for getting all the bamboo strikes and hot springs and fox dens also required haiku. Is there a good way to hunt for these? The only applicable wind looks like Vanity, which... seems like it'd be too broad. I've been just hunting down ?'s (I've cleared all the fog already), but I keep hitting Pillars of Honor and it's being frustrating.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
So act 2 is pretty much just more of the same. Yeah I think it really is best I just stick purely to the main story from here. The side stuff is consistently repetitive and uninteresting, and the checklist nature of everything in the world and the game design is exhausting.
Yeah the open world in this game is a complete bore.

Even the side stories with the prominent characters are really janky.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Yeah the open world in this game is a complete bore.

Even the side stories with the prominent characters are really janky.

I don't mind the character missions, though I think it's just because I like the characters for the most part (Ishikawa and Masako at least).

But the regular side missions are boring as fuck, and made worse by the way the game forces you to sit through the dialogue and then the usual pre- and post- mission title cards and whatnot that stay on screen way too long, then stare at Jin sleeping against his horse or whatever for another 15 seconds, before it finally lets you take control.

GoT is a good game in some ways, but the perfunctory open-world just made me appreciate games with far, far better ones.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah the honeymoon phase wore off near the end of July. Out of its peers (AssCreed and other franchises of that ilk) it's the best of the bunch, but it's still a tier below Rockstar games. Too much shit that should've been left back on the 360/PS3.

Still fun, but I'm ready to finish this campaign and shelve it. I don't want to do side quests anymore.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I felt bad every time you free a prisoner in those random fights and they seem to give you a reward (supplies?) as thanks. I'm like nope, keep it, I don't want anything from you. Just doing my civic (samurai) duty.
This has just started happening to me. What do you actually get? I don't seem to get any supplies

Also, I just did the way of the flame mystic tale, it was awesome! More of these please sucker punch.

Last edited:

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Fun detail: if you crawl under a house's crawlspace, Jin gets covered in mud. This is him wearing the all-white-dyed ronin outfit:

Ghost-of-Tsushima_20200816231228.png

Yes, I gave him the happy face, look at how proud he is :D

The game is a great critique of honor codes and the hypocrisy of them.
I just started Act 2 but I hope so because holy fuck these pompous assholes who keep judging me are insufferable :D

Yrch

Oct 29, 2017
Started to play on Saturday.
Good this game is so so beautiful.
Usually I get sick of open world games fast and I hope this game will be another exception like Spider-Man.
Just walking through the fields and looking at this vibrant world is so good. Combat also is fun and even tho the game has your Standart checklist stuff it feels more natural than in a lot of other games.

Can't wait to continue after work.

Oct 25, 2017
It's one of the very few games i got platinum in. It's a really great game. I love the wind system. Incredibly intuitive

One thing I thought was a bit of a shame and could have given some more self reflection was (endgame spoilers)
I would have liked to see Jin be more self critical after his poison starts getting half the island killed. Like maybe he isn't right every time. Theres only 1 time where you can say it was a mistake yourself, but all other times it's mentioned he is steadfast that it's just annoying that the mongols got it. Especially after you were warned 20 times before you started using it

May 7, 2020
Finish chapter two. My God. This game is something else. Best open world ever for me. No words.
Also I sold for the first time bamboo and iron. God thousands of supplies. Upgrade all the armors.

pjl93

Jun 2, 2020
NJ
just finished its a solid 8 the gameplay, characters and story are enjoyable but the open world repetition holds it back

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Well everyone, it was a good run! We got to 190 pages while in the main Gaming Forum. We're now in the Gaming Hangouts of Era.

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
While I was liberating a village from Mongols I was fighting and seeing a lot of items to collect. I told myself to focus on killing all Mongols and then collect. Unfortunately after killing all of them and having the liberation cutscene...... all these items disappeared 😭

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
So i just liberated a camp, and it said it would unlock a skill point...not sure it did.

I dont mind, but its not gonna cause an issue later on right? I can still unlock everything even though i may have missed out on one...

Ghost of Tsushima: Legends - OT Coming this Fall
OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Legends sound and looks awesome!

I'll be making a seperate Legends OT before launch so we can discuss that mode there and keep the main story/campaign discussion going on in here... but feel free to discuss Legends in here if you want or in the announcement thread.

I'll link to the Legends OT in this one and this OT in the Legends one just so people know where to go to discuss what.

Last edited:

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Finished it last night! Absolutely loved it. The game was so beautiful, and without getting into story details, the whole thing, just how it flows is so beautiful. I 100%'d the first two islands, but went mostly for the main missions on act 3 (besides getting all the hot springs/resolve left). I am going to be going back to 100% act 3 and earn that platinum soon.

Do we know if new game+ is coming?

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any side quests/reasons to go explore the land bridge between region 1 and region 2? It was so beautiful while traveling it that it made me wonder.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
So like... Ive played this game a lot... on and off, as my dad-time allows. I am MANNNNNY hours in. I literally just found a hat (Bog Marsh straw hat) in the environment, sparkling to be picked up.
Is this the only one Are they exceedingly rare? Have I just missed them and they are common??

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
This game ends so incredibly strong. What an amazing way to end a game (and an era of amazing first party games).
Question for those who have completed the game:
Did you choose to let Shimura live?

xinoart

Oct 27, 2017
So like... Ive played this game a lot... on and off, as my dad-time allows. I am MANNNNNY hours in. I literally just found a hat (Bog Marsh straw hat) in the environment, sparkling to be picked up.
Is this the only one Are they exceedingly rare? Have I just missed them and they are common??

There are quite a few. I think the first one I found was in a swamp as well though in Act 2 with a few statues around. I'd say there's less than 10, but there are some items you can't get right now until you progress the story. You should figure it out when you can truly explore everything.

Also if you do a map wind search for vanity items (or whatever you're looking for) and there are no trails on the maps, fast travel to a different island section (act 1,2, or 3) and then do it again. I had to figure that out myself last night. There were a few items I missed way back in Act 1.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
There's a bunch of hats and bandanas laying around in the world and villages/farms. You can find them all with the Wind of Vanity. The ones in villages/farms are usually on the roof of the tallest building and you'll know you're close when the wind symbol on the screen changes from white to red.

Oct 27, 2017
This game ends so incredibly strong. What an amazing way to end a game (and an era of amazing first party games).

I gave him what he wanted: an honorable death. Even though all that honor stuff is kinda BS and the game is definitely a critique of it, as Jin I felt an obligation to my uncle and to fulfill his wishes.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I did both. I saved the game when it asked me the question and then I spared him and watched the credits then saved again as a new file. After that I reloaded the other file and killed him and went on to clean up and get the Platinum