Zarshack

May 15, 2018
Australia
Still makes me nervous to purchase the game, I don't want to buy it and then have them release a remaster in 2021 that takes full advantage of the PS5 that they expect me to pay for...

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Still makes me nervous to purchase the game, I don't want to buy it and then have them release a remaster in 2021 that takes full advantage of the PS5 that they expect me to pay for...
I would say purchase it now if you want to play it. If you want to wait you can but at what point do you stop waiting?

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Glad I waited to play this, was tough but it'll be worth it in the end.
Now I just hope more devs patch in 60fps modes like this to their PS4 games.

Joo

May 25, 2018
Well these 60 fps news basically confirm that if there ever will be a better version of GoT, it won't be coming in a long, long time. Releasing a remaster would be quite hard to justify anyway if we're already getting the higher frames for free + the game isn't even three months old.

I wouldn't take the Spider-Man route as too much of a predecent, as the game is already two years old and probably just had a good opportunity for an update alongside MM. It took enough effort that Sony just deemed it substantial enough for a rerelease with the sequel. It at least seems to be somewhat unique case.

Supernova

Oct 10, 2018

It had actually the opposite effect on me. It should be safe to buy this game now since they are giving away one of the major reasons people would buy a PS5 port for away for free.

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
Nice, exactly what I was hoping for! I don't even think I got halfway through the game before stopping to wait for PS5

I have no idea how I'm going to handle all the new games on top of my backlog lmao, especially with Demon's Souls being top priority...

Zarshack

May 15, 2018
Australia
Well these 60 fps news basically confirm that if there ever will be a better version of GoT, it won't be coming in a long, long time. Releasing a remaster would be quite hard to justify anyway if we're already getting the higher frames for free + the game isn't even three months old.

I wouldn't take the Spider-Man route as too much of a predecent, as the game is already two years old and probably just had a good opportunity for an update alongside MM. It took enough effort that Sony just deemed it substantial enough for a rerelease with the sequel. It at least seems to be somewhat unique case.

You make a good point, I will probably get the game around the time i get my PS5.

KBadOne

Oct 28, 2017
After reading this news I went ahead and bought the game from PSN. Its $45 right now and don't think it will get any cheaper between now and Nov 12

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I just want a NG+ to start over to experience the story again without starting from scratch :(

This is great though.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
NO. I DID NOT KNOW OF THIS.

So shit looks like I'll be hopping back in because I forgot Legends drops soon too.

I'd love to wait for PS5 but the multiplayer looks neat and the yokai themed stuff is awesome.

-looks up patchnotes-
Wait, what now? The mongol wardogs?

woof 🐕

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
Finally, my favorite thing about playing old games in PC are the ridiculous performance gains

I'm glad I stopped buying 1st party games on ps4 cus I was waiting for PS5 news.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017

Just hope there is a easy way to recompile the game to take advantage of the ps5 hardware even if it doesn't take advantage of the RDNA2 features set. Similar to what some dev did for their games ps4 like dark souls 3, just recompile and let it run with unlock frame rate. Ps5 should be able to hit 60fps with new cpu in the game current 1800p checkerboard setup. They can up the res to 2160c and increase the AF to 16x which require probably minimal work but even with default Pro setting its more than fine as long as it is double the frame rate. Other games like Days Gone, GoW, knack 2, spiderman etc too. Naughty Dog games are the only one that are far from 4k res in 1440p; I do hope they update it, even if it's quick and dirty prioritize 60fps first though.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
It does but only under favor performance mode which renders the game in 1080p.

I think we'll be finding out soon that Sony has been putting some effort into upgrading resolutions and unlocking framerates on their biggest PS4 titles. The Ghost of Tsushima announcement may have come today because they're already in a media cycle for their new patch.

Possible Sony is just gonna roll up the rest of their announcements in a blog post+video with more details about PS5 Game Boost.

So... Game boost ignores the 30fps cap?

Or are SP patching this?

It's possible they already had the functionality added in during development or they've patched it in with 1.1

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I think we'll be finding out soon that Sony has been putting some effort into upgrading resolutions and unlocking framerates on their biggest PS4 titles. The Ghost of Tsushima announcement may have come today because they're already in a media cycle for their new patch.

Possible Sony is just gonna roll up the rest of their announcements in a blog post+video with more details about PS5 Game Boost.

It's possible they already had the functionality added in during development or they've patched it in with 1.1
Would love that to be true, but I'm definitely not getting my hopes up there.

Rippa

Feb 15, 2018
So... Game boost ignores the 30fps cap?

Or are SP patching this?

Game boost doesn't ignore caps. If a game has a cap, boost mode will help that game stick to the cap. It also boosts games that have unlocked frame rates and dynamic resolutions. Helping those games stick to higher fps and sharper resolutions.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
I was just thinking how I should jump back into where I left off, but now I guess I'll wait until the PS5. Sucker Punch is doing a fantastic job with post-launch support.

Hexer

Oct 30, 2017
Sweet! Been waiting for this confirmation. Just wanted to make sure Save Data would transfer over. The game is on sale now so I'm gonna pick it up. Is the Deluxe version worth getting? The director's commentary sounds neat, but not sure how that works. Is it a video or do they talk over you playing the game? lol. Also, curious if the Theme is cool and if the items are worth getting? Can you still get the items in the game without the Deluxe Edition?
Edit: Okay, looked the stuff up on Youtube. That theme looks badass and the Director's Commentary thing looks awesome. Worth the extra $10 to me. Glad I finally get to play this! :)

Last edited:

J75

Sep 29, 2018
No resolution boost at launch is a shame. Was hoping for native 4K 60 at PS5 launch. I'm sad.
I agree with this. Sadly the reconstruction that the game uses isn't on the level of other games like Spiderman and I often noticed artifacts. Native 4K will do wonders for this game.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
like, I'll just play the coop when it comes out but I'll probably just replay the single player on PS5. THat final battle...yeeze =S