• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
www.gamesindustry.biz

Resident Evil: Village beats Miitopia to No.1 | UK Boxed Charts

Resident Evil: Village has reclaimed the top spot of the UK physical charts, despite a 61% drop in sales week-on-week.C…

Capcom's hit returned to the top of charts with a comfortable margin

Resident Evil: Village has reclaimed the top spot of the UK physical charts, despite a 61% drop in sales week-on-week.

Capcom's game had previously fallen to No.2 following the release of EA's Mass Effect: Legendary Edition, but a quiet week at retail helped the title to resurface. It mainly sold on PlayStation consoles, with 44% of the sales going to PS4 and 29% going to PS5.

Resident Evil: Village was far ahead of this week's No.2, the Switch version of Miitopia. However, launch sales for the latter were up 36% compared to when it first launched on 3DS in July 2017, a few months after the Switch released. At the time, the title debuted at No.7 in the UK weekly charts.

Mass Effect: Legendary Edition dropped to No.3 for its second week in the charts, with a 76% drop in sales week-on-week, which was to be expected. Once again, the title sold primarily on PS4, with 72% of the sales going to Sony's platform versus 28% for Xbox One.

After an excellent performance last week due to PS5 stock coming to the UK market, Spider-Man: Miles Morales dropped one place to No.4 with a 45% decrease in sales week-on-week.

Meanwhile, Rust debuted on consoles and charted at No.11. Sales for Deep Silver's title were fairly balanced between PS4 (54%) and Xbox One (46%).

Once again, the top of the charts was largely dominated by Nintendo Switch titles, with usual suspects Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Super Mario 3D world + Bowser's Fury, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Minecraft and New Pokémon Snap all within the top ten.

TOP 10:

ca.png

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's the best Resident Evil game since 4. Not surprised.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
A brand new Resident Evil game that's multiplatform beat a 3DS port...Shocking.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
If Miitopia can perform this well in UK. That's a really good performance for this game. Sister bought it for my nieces and they been loving it.

Well we are about to have a Mii Renaissance.

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Miitopia? As in the game that doesn't seem to have an OT here and barely any reviews. That game sold better than I thought given it is basically forgotten on ERA lol.

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018
I didn't expect Miitopia to do well at all. I'm guessing the custom Mii designs trending on Twitter helped.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like the next gen split for RE8 starts to taper towards last gen as sales go on. Makes sense (there are only so many next gen players).

44% of the sales going to PS4 and 29% going to PS5

In its first week 49% of its sales were on PS5, 31% on PS4.

Last edited:

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Miitopia? As in the game that doesn't seem to have an OT here and barely any reviews. That game sold better than I thought given it is basically forgotten on ERA lol.

Attention in Era is hardly an indicator for success. It's baffling that people think that it is. You need to check actual sales charts. In Miitopia's case, you can see that's #1 on the eShop and at the top of Amazon best sellers. So the game selling decently well shouldn't be a suprise to anyone.

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Attention in Era is hardly an indicator for success. It's baffling that people think that it is. You need to check actual sales charts. In Miitopia's case, you can see that's #1 on the eShop and at the top of Amazon best sellers. So the game selling decently well shouldn't be a suprise to anyone.
True. I think I meant my post to almost be the opposite but worded it poorly. I am shocked that a game that is selling isn't even discussed on ResetEra, I'd assume someone would want to discuss it and make an OT.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Looks like the next gen split for RE8 starts to taper towards last gen as sales go on. Makes sense (there are only so many next gen players).

In its first week 49% of its sales were on PS5, 31% on PS4.
I believe you are misunderstanding this.
I think it has more to do with how PS5 audience is core, as in, they buy the game day one or whenever there is stock to be found.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Pretty good start for miitopia. It's a decent bit ahead of the last game and likely has better digital sales too. I think we'll see good legs and this game will end up well ahead of the 3DS version.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
True. I think I meant my post to almost be the opposite but worded it poorly. I am shocked that a game that is selling isn't even discussed on ResetEra, I'd assume someone would want to discuss it and make an OT.
Era doenst talk about robolx and its one of the best selling games ever

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miitopia would have done even better if it let you make 9 foot tall miis

MANUELF

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so last week #1 dropped by 76% to #3, last week #2 dropped 61% and rose to #1 but Miitopia which is #2 this week is far behind #1???

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Miitopia definitely exists outside of Era's bubble. weirdly, even moreso than a fitness game