• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• What You Do Will Matter, I Promise

Votes: 42 14.8%
  • I Want To Turn Into A Wolf And Fuck!

Votes: 106 37.3%
  • Business Dave Energy

Votes: 39 13.7%
  • Vinny Don't Goof

Votes: 55 19.4%
  • Money is Yucky, Milk Is Yummy!

Votes: 42 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
While i think that there's merit to the criticism about reviewers not being detailed enough in their reviews (Im certainly not perfect in this regard), an Xbox exec publicly insulting a reviewer for their "embarrassing lack of knowledge" about a videogame is...a terrible look

It reminds me of this.

74p3tZx.jpg

Gies wasn't an EA/Xbox exec, he just acted like he was.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anybody here use the GB Fire TV app?

I currently have a Roku and the app on that is shit compared to the Giant Bomb app on the Xbox, but as the Xbox is connected to my monitor it makes it a pain to constantly move it to watch live streams on my TV. I'm hoping the Fire TV app is as good as the Xbox one... Please tell me it is?

I sideloaded this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.giantbomb.unofficial.gbvb.android&hl=en_US onto my Fire TV. Works pretty well.

It reminds me of this.

74p3tZx.jpg

Gies wasn't an EA/Xbox exec, he just acted like he was.

I always confused at how friendly the GB crew was with Gies considering he tended to put his foot into his mouth all the time.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
That Ybarra post on Twitter has solidified Anthem status as frontrunner for Hottest Mess

I'm with you, but hearing that it's only eight or so hours put me off until a sale
On one hand I agree that waiting for a sale is the smart move... On the other hand, the fact that the game is only 8 hours long is actually a big plus for me lol

Oct 26, 2017
I sideloaded this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.giantbomb.unofficial.gbvb.android&hl=en_US onto my Fire TV. Works pretty well.

I always confused at how friendly the GB crew was with Gies considering he tended to put his foot into his mouth all the time.

I mean I remember him being in a handful of quicklooks a million years ago, but that's about it. I think by the time he was peak obnoxious they hadn't done anything with him for a while.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We are still a few months early to call Hot mess for Anthem.

Its pretty smokey right now around Anthem but I feel like things can get a lot worse then releasing a bad live game.

I want to see what state Bioware is in by years end

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Made it to Level 27 in The Division.

Also just download the Trials Rising beta on both Switch and PS4. I love me some Trials, fun but frustrating. Rising is out the 26th, 4 days after Anthem...not that it's going to matter.

Anywhoo looking forward to Resident Abby this afternoon.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
The Dragon Age browser game was surprisingly legit. It was by some of the same folks behind Fallen London/Sunless Sea, and it shows.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is hard for me to say because I don't want people to think I'm personally attacking someone but I'm genuinely curious to hear some opinions, so here it goes-
What exactly does Brad bring to the table? I've been listening to the podcast for about 2 years now and he's never really informative and neither are his opinions unique. He's not funny either. The most he does is announce the news with no frills or thrills. I'm curious what fans of him like about him over the rest of the staff.

The irony of all this being that I tend to agree with him often.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
This is hard for me to say because I don't want people to think I'm personally attacking someone but I'm genuinely curious to hear some opinions, so here it goes-
What exactly does Brad bring to the table? I've been listening to the podcast for about 2 years now and he's never really informative and neither are his opinions unique. He's not funny either. The most he does is announce the news with no frills or thrills. I'm curious what fans of him like about him over the rest of the staff.

he sings like an angel

Hella

Oct 27, 2017

GeneralNimbleBernesemountaindog-size_restricted.gif

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
Inquisition is a really good game drowned out by a really mediocre one. I'll fight for that game till I die.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Brad is a legacy product that continues to be supported because of inertia. Brad's fine. I would replace Brad with Ben in that post. I still can't figured out why he was hired other than being a legacy hire from his intern days. I refuse to believe he was the best candidate they had for the job.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
I tried Dragon Age Inquisition for an hour and couldn't get into it. Maybe I should get the Mass Effect collection for 360 instead?

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
It's only 8 hours long if you skip the cutscenes and stick to the main quest line
Sure, that's still better that the giant slog that was FC5!
I feel it, a leaner Far Cry actually seems appealing, but it's Ubisoft, it'll be 20 bucks like next week
Oh yeah for sure

This has actually been a big pet peeve of mine over the last year or two... I feel like there are now way too many games that overstay their welcomes and, as someone who plays a LOT of games, this is really fucking annoying.

Game devs need to learn that more does not necessarly mean better.... I get that the current climate in the industry is not favorable to that thinking with how so many gamers are thinking these days but still... Learn to edit your games...

Last edited:

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Brad has always been the most eloquent when it comes to putting an idea into words or walking the listener through his opinions in the West. I always like to hear what he has to say on a subject unless it's not his own ("I read x comments on a forum"), even if I vehemently disagree.

It's also both hilarious and frustrating to watch him play games; a mix unlike any of the others.

Also, it's not as relevant anymore now that there's less banter on the Bombcast, but when it was the original crew, Brad being the straight man or suddenly busting out these weird and creepy subjects like spiders crawling out of your ear, or unsettling facts, and having Jeff/Ryan/Vinny pause to acknowledge it and riff on it was hilarious.

If Brad were to (actually) leave, West would break down for good.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017

Brad is the networking guy/handles most of the external relationships with publishers IIRC (aside from E3 booking). I think he also edits the podcast as well? Although that might have changed since Jan was brought on.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Unsurprising, as it's how early access works, Media Molecule confirmed if you get the early access version of Dreams in spring (limited copies, unfortunately), when the full game releases in fall, you get upgraded to the full release. I should note the early access edition will be digital only. I assume the full release will be available both digitally and physically.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Also, it's not as relevant anymore now that there's less banter on the Bombcast, but when it was the original crew, Brad being the straight man or suddenly busting out these weird and creepy subjects like spiders crawling out of your ear, or unsettling facts, and having Jeff/Ryan/Vinny pause to acknowledge it and rift on it was hilarious.

Oh man you just made me realize Brad hasn't dropped one of these factoids in a while. we need it.
But yeah it would be a sad day if Brad left :(

Runner

Nov 1, 2017
Brad is actually very easy to watch. Amazed at the whining. One poster, not the above, reviewed Brad yet in the review cited that he didn't even know how to do a Brad. Embarrassing to review with such a lack of knowledge.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
the story, the characters, and the main quests of inquisition were all good-to-great imo
might be my favorite singular group of bioware companions if only because, unlike ME2's squad, these characters actually interact with each other and the inter-party relationships are great

but inquisition was also saddled with an empty, dull open world (that you had to interact with to be able to progress the plot, sound familiar?)
even DA2's side quests had more going on with them

my hope for DA4 would be that they try to do a better version of what they did with DA2; a singular city and its surrounding areas (Minrathous, anyone?)

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017

Alex is so good at Twitter.
Beat me to it by two and a half hours. I had a nap and woke up to see that video games had exploded, only to then see Alex succinctly summarize it in two words. He so good at this.

I want more guinea pig stuff from Brad.

Though in a serious response to that question, Brad has a great knowledge of video games, and a professional understanding of the industry plus he dives deep in to technical stuff a lot of the time that I really appreciate.
Unfortunately, the peegs are dead. :(

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I have now seen two (2) artists draw Mirage from apex shirtless and being carressed by his holo-clones

and thank god for that

Status
Not open for further replies.