• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• I'm mad at god. I curse him. I denounce him and all he has created.....and then I saw Shenmue 3

Votes: 100 32.7%
  • Pogi Boy Swag

Votes: 54 17.6%
  • We Love Crime And God

Votes: 31 10.1%
  • SAY NOPE TO DOPE!

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • VirginLoser Has Invited You Into Their Apartment

Votes: 97 31.7%
  • Erotic French Fries

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • Your Gateway To The Zen Of Gaming

Votes: 10 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
fvjtvt.jpg

Do any photos of pre xbox Phil Spenser still exist? Back when he worked on Office?????

I wonder if he also went through the PR transformation machine.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Huh 50% off Aquaman and other movies (MK movie bundle for $8.99) because I bought MK 11...

Thanks Sony.

Welp back to Plague Tale.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say something but I am just not up for the replies I'd get from randos tonight

Neodyn

Mar 23, 2019
Is Danny planning a new doc about him? Access journalism requires a lot of sucking up and eulogizing garbage might get him through the door.

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
isn't TB the dude who downplayed death threats because, uh, the person who received death threats, uh

hadn't been killed

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Up to Chapter 7 or VIII as they call it in A Plague Tale: Innocence and I gotta be honest folks, this is currently in my Top 5 for 2019.

#blitzpressions incoming.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
isn't TB the dude who downplayed death threats because, uh, the person who received death threats, uh

hadn't been killed

I get why people point to that distinctly (it's important to show that he said some shit, and that he immediately did know what GG as actually focusing on), but I feel like it does sorta distract from the fact that he also just kept on doing shit and fostering that kind of following

so it's not really just that he said some very bad things once but kept supporting it and exposed and/or lent his audience to it, and also never once acknowledged how fucking bad his part in it was

...I also feel like the non-explicitly-GG stuff he supported sometimes was pretty bad for the overall community/industry in itself, so there's that too

Oct 27, 2017
I have 428 to finish, Edith Finch, Utawarerumono 1 + 2... and Judgement is going to be out before too long. Oh and Bloodstained, which I have a feeling is going to be really good.

Somebody talk me out of buying Slay the Spire.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I have 428 to finish, Edith Finch, Utawarerumono 1 + 2... and Judgement is going to be out before too long. Oh and Bloodstained, which I have a feeling is going to be really good.

Somebody talk me out of buying Slay the Spire.

do what I'm doing and wait for the Utawarerumono remake to come out next year before you play those sequels

and then surely burn out before I actually play all 3, but

Oct 25, 2017
the best way to play a visual novel is as quick as possible so you can absorb as little as you can and then go to the obsessively maintained wikis to tell you your opinions for you.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
#blitzpressions: Rats off to ya!
2cdebyx.jpg

Y'know when I saw A Plague Tale: Innocence advertised on Facebook I was like "What is this, some kind of VR game?" but no it turns out A Plague Tale: Innocence was more than just some shovelware. It was another fantastic game from Focus Home Interactive and Asobo Studios.

I tried to keep my expectations of this game to a minimum. I've never been a fan of true stealth games despite my love for Assassin's Creed but I am a sucker for a good story and an intriguing premise and so far as I'm 7 chapters into this game, so far so good on both fronts. As the game progresses, more mechanics are introduced to Amicia's arsenal as she aids Hugo in the fight against the Spanish Inquisition.

The highlights of this game are the writing and character work, both Amicia and Hugo are growing as the game progresses, things happen as the game progresses, I will not spoil anything for those in the dark but this game definitely becomes more than just a sibling dynamic. And once again, holy shit is Olivier Deriviere good at composing. In a sense this game reminds me of Vampyr, a great game, an AA game, a gem. Though mechanical different in setting and design, I think the love I had for Vampyr is the same I have for A Plague Tale: Innocence. It's just a damn good game that may or may not get the coverage it deserves.

To be honest with myself, these puzzles are not challenging so far but holy crap have I missed the obvious thread on some of these and died embarrassingly. But at no time am I rage quitting or turning the game off, I'm asking myself alright Blitz, what are we missing here?

And it may be that attitude that has propelled this to my top game of 2019. Now I am sometimes an outlier in this community with my game praise and sure some of you probably don't care for these long spiels I post but I like it because it lets me do game writing and well, at least somebody is reading this.

In closing as it reaches midnight in the Midwest, I stayed up way past the time I should've because I was adamant to finish a puzzle in Chapter VII and if that doesn't tell you I'm hooked on this game, I don't know what else will.

Buy this game. Support Focus/Asobo, they make great fucking games.

I don't care if you wait for a sale but I'm telling you, when we're talking about our favorite games of 2019, I'm bringing up A Plague Tale: Innocence. Guaranteed.

Thanks for reading and have a lovely evening.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
If you like Olivier Deriviere's music, and that whole AA aesthetic, you owe it to yourself to play Remember Me. (Assuming you haven't.) Game rocks in exactly the same way as Vampyr.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
#blitzpressions: Rats off to ya!
2cdebyx.jpg

Y'know when I saw A Plague Tale: Innocence advertised on Facebook I was like "What is this, some kind of VR game?" but no it turns out A Plague Tale: Innocence was more than just some shovelware. It was another fantastic game from Focus Home Interactive and Asobo Studios.

I tried to keep my expectations of this game to a minimum. I've never been a fan of true stealth games despite my love for Assassin's Creed but I am a sucker for a good story and an intriguing premise and so far as I'm 7 chapters into this game, so far so good on both fronts. As the game progresses, more mechanics are introduced to Amicia's arsenal as she aids Hugo in the fight against the Spanish Inquisition.

The highlights of this game are the writing and character work, both Amicia and Hugo are growing as the game progresses, things happen as the game progresses, I will not spoil anything for those in the dark but this game definitely becomes more than just a sibling dynamic. And once again, holy shit is Olivier Deriviere good at composing. In a sense this game reminds me of Vampyr, a great game, an AA game, a gem. Though mechanical different in setting and design, I think the love I had for Vampyr is the same I have for A Plague Tale: Innocence. It's just a damn good game that may or may not get the coverage it deserves.

To be honest with myself, these puzzles are not challenging so far but holy crap have I missed the obvious thread on some of these and died embarrassingly. But at no time am I rage quitting or turning the game off, I'm asking myself alright Blitz, what are we missing here?

And it may be that attitude that has propelled this to my top game of 2019. Now I am sometimes an outlier in this community with my game praise and sure some of you probably don't care for these long spiels I post but I like it because it lets me do game writing and well, at least somebody is reading this.

In closing as it reaches midnight in the Midwest, I stayed up way past the time I should've because I was adamant to finish a puzzle in Chapter VII and if that doesn't tell you I'm hooked on this game, I don't know what else will.

Buy this game. Support Focus/Asobo, they make great fucking games.

I don't care if you wait for a sale but I'm telling you, when we're talking about our favorite games of 2019, I'm bringing up A Plague Tale: Innocence. Guaranteed.

Thanks for reading and have a lovely evening.
ty for this!

The story and characters seem intriguing.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'm playing Hitman 2 for the first time and holy shit, Hawke's Bay/Nightcall is an amazing mission.

I love how you have as much time as you need to prepare for when the targets come home.

And when they do, they proceed to let down their guard and get ready to sleep, I feel like i'm in a movie lol

also the soundtrack is much improved from Season 1 imo, much more menacing stuff

Last edited:

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
If you like Olivier Deriviere's music, and that whole AA aesthetic, you owe it to yourself to play Remember Me. (Assuming you haven't.) Game rocks in exactly the same way as Vampyr.
I caught Remember Me on sale a few years ago and it was worth it, especially once Life is Strange came out and seeing how Dontnod adapted the best parts of the former into the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.