• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• I'm mad at god. I curse him. I denounce him and all he has created.....and then I saw Shenmue 3

Votes: 100 32.7%
  • Pogi Boy Swag

Votes: 54 17.6%
  • We Love Crime And God

Votes: 31 10.1%
  • SAY NOPE TO DOPE!

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • VirginLoser Has Invited You Into Their Apartment

Votes: 97 31.7%
  • Erotic French Fries

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • Your Gateway To The Zen Of Gaming

Votes: 10 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Anybody have a good suggestion for a cheap NAS solution? I am thinking either an actual NAS setup or actually change my router (that has been giving me coverage issues lately in my small appartment which is dumb) and get one that also has a USB drive which, I guess, would kill two birds with one stone...

Also modern routers look fucking dumb....

71MLybZ5IAL._SL1500_.jpg

Edit: Wait I just had an idea... I have a Rasberry Pi sitting here not doing anything....I guess I found my NAS...

I got one of those google routers because they look nice. That thing is hideous.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Next question... Anybody used a switch on their home network? Something like this one for example

Is it pretty much transparent? Like can I just plug that first port into any of my normal router ports and that just gives me 4 more ports I can use with anything else or is there more advanced configuration to do?

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Next question... Anybody used a switch on their home network? Something like this one for example

Is it pretty much transparent? Like can I just plug that first port into any of my normal router ports and that just gives me 4 more ports I can use with anything else or is there more advanced configuration to do?
Yeah a switch by nature is transparent. You plug it in and especially if it's an unmanaged switch you doing worry about it. There is no routing handled by a switch. No other configuration needed.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah a switch by nature is transparent. You plug it in and especially if it's an unmanaged switch you doing worry about it. There is no routing handled by a switch. No other configuration needed.
Cool but that doesn't cause NAT issues if, for example, I plug a console into it? Or is the router just automatically taking care of the extra load?

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Cool but that doesn't cause NAT issues if, for example, I plug a console into it? Or is the router just automatically taking care of the extra load?
No again no routing performed by switch. So no network address translation is performed by switch. It just takes traffic from router and passes it on

This is a super simplified explanation but adequate for your question

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
No again no routing performed by switch. So no network address translation is performed by switch. It just takes traffic from router and passes it on
Sweet thanks! I might pick one up cause I'm really getting short on lan ports and sure I can run a lot of stuff on wifi but having ethernet is always nice!

Now I think I really need to buy another powerbar cause I'm also running out of power sockets... It's a never ending problem haha

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still making some progress (I guess) in Outer Wilds but man I am more than ready for it to be over now...

It's an incredibly cool game for sure but at the same time I hate the kind of feeling of dread I get when I play it

Oct 27, 2017
I wish PSN had a better refund policy. I tried Thronebreaker for an hour, realized it's not the same Gwent I loved in The Witcher 3, and now I'm just out 15 bucks. If this was Steam I'd have that money back already.

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
I normally don't share stuff like this, but this is my biggest gaming accomplishment in recent memory.

EpdQgTy.jpg

zZ05vWZ.jpg

Every. Giant. Bomb. Level.

Bowseler
Castle Hassle
The Armageddan
The Klepokalypse
The Ryckoning

I got that guantlet, but at what cost?

JmOnu3L.gif

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Watching the "Suplemental Material" episode of Beast in the East on GBI makes me want to finally play Yakuza 6.... Hopefully they'll announce a PC version soon

I normally don't share stuff like this, but this is my biggest gaming accomplishment in recent memory.

Every. Giant. Bomb. Level.

Bowseler
Castle Hassle
The Armageddan
The Klepokalypse
The Ryckoning

I got that guantlet, but at what cost?

Nice, congrats!

Oct 27, 2017
Weird, I'm not getting day 2 either, but I can see it's up on the site.

That is weird. I've been getting frustrated recently with how slow Pocketcasts refreshes, but I'm not sure I want to make the jump to Overcast... I feel like there're enough Pocketcasts features I like that aren't in Overcast that'd make the jump painful.

Has anyone here moved from Pocketcasts to Overcast and, if so, how'd you find it?

Status
Not open for further replies.