• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• VirginLoser Has Invited You Into Their Apartment

Votes: 67 25.6%
  • All Your Favorite Personalities Will Be Back Soon

Votes: 89 34.0%
  • I Just Shoved My Asshole Into A Bullet

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Here's Some Fucking Spaghetti

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • Butter, Milk, Eggs & Dairy

Votes: 18 6.9%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 52 19.8%
  • It's Time To Go, You Sad Old Bag

Votes: 13 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Still haven't caught the latest Crime Crew or the Beastcast (probably watching it with lunch now + listening later tonight). Why do people think it's over?

They said they didn't do the Doomsday thing, but there's a full heist left before that.
Because one random person in the thread said it was over and everyone except for me is a dummy.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Is there somewhere I can like, brush up on MS Office knowledge?

I'm gonna start looking for entry level office work this week

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Waypoint related, but I finally listened to their podcast for the second set of episodes and there are some real gems in there. Also some stuff I never considered, like what Kaji's watermelon patch actually was.

Podcast this week been good so far?

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else been having issues with the GB video player on Chrome? Both this week and last week watching the Bombcast the video player has crashed three times on me. Getting the "Aw Snap Something Broke" Chrome error out of nowhere. Might just need to watch on Firefox or something if this keeps up.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
What in the world is this pig in a blanket? That's bacon-wrapped sausage. Pigs in a blanket are totally wrapped in cheap American croissants that come from a tube.

Smerdyakov

Nov 13, 2017
Jan: "The Bang Energy CEO looks like a coked-out Dave Meltzer"

dhNdOFO.jpg
2rMzaPC.png

Oct 25, 2017
Guys... Divinity Original Sin 2 is so fucking good!

First time I finally get hooked in an isometric rpg like that and I'm loving it... I've always wanted to play Baldur's Gate and other similar games because I've only heard great things about them but the whole D&D layer on top of them has always been a bit too much for me.
Original Sin 2 is definitely the most approachable cRPG out there (and it's funny because the game will absolutely destroy you if you go to the wrong areas too early).

Everything is pretty simple, everything is clearly labeled.
You have a sword and a shield? Level up "one handed" and "strength".
You use magic? Level up "intelligence" and whatever branch of magic you want to use.
You want to use this sword? Well, do you meet these clearly labeled requirements? Okay, you can use it, it works just as well as any other sword in that category.
You wanna go multiclass? Sure go for it. Go tripple class, and drop some points into this other class as well just to use the teleport spell, do what you want.
You fucked up? There's free respect you can use at any point, as often as you want.
You want to totally cheese the game by dropping a billion barrels on an enemy before the fight? Sure, go for it.

And the presentation is top notch too. All the spell effects look distinct. There are so many cool little details, like lizards actually leaving lizard footprints when you walk through blood. Every piece of armor shows up on your character and it looks different depending on your race. All the Polymorph spells could have just been recycled from other spells, but it's all unique. It's those little things that make it so good.
Every now and then poisonous fog will form to look like a skull during a battle. That's not necessary to the game but it's really neat when you notice it.

God, I love it so much

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I was watching Crime Crew and then forgot to put the Bombcast on (again) despite working from home but if it's topical

in the past week I've looked at cans of Bang energy and 2 things stood out to me:
  1. The "super creatine" is prominent advertised right there on the top ring of the can. Like I obviously expected it to be an advertised thing cause it has "super" in it, but I didn't expect it to be the thing they get you with.
  2. There's a flavor named "Rainbow Unicorn", but also a cotton candy flavor, which is what I would have expected a flavor named that to taste like. So I have no idea what that could possibly be now.

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
I love Mass Effect 2 but Arrival is such a weak closer to it. For what it tries to set up, it just feels too small and inconsequential. It needed to be a full midquel or something between ME2 and 3.

So glad Alex is considering
bringing Tali back.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Original Sin 2 is definitely the most approachable cRPG out there (and it's funny because the game will absolutely destroy you if you go to the wrong areas too early).

Everything is pretty simple, everything is clearly labeled.
You have a sword and a shield? Level up "one handed" and "strength".
You use magic? Level up "intelligence" and whatever branch of magic you want to use.
You want to use this sword? Well, do you meet these clearly labeled requirements? Okay, you can use it, it works just as well as any other sword in that category.
You wanna go multiclass? Sure go for it. Go tripple class, and drop some points into this other class as well just to use the teleport spell, do what you want.
You fucked up? There's free respect you can use at any point, as often as you want.
You want to totally cheese the game by dropping a billion barrels on an enemy before the fight? Sure, go for it.

And the presentation is top notch too. All the spell effects look distinct. There are so many cool little details, like lizards actually leaving lizard footprints when you walk through blood. Every piece of armor shows up on your character and it looks different depending on your race. All the Polymorph spells could have just been recycled from other spells, but it's all unique. It's those little things that make it so good.
Every now and then poisonous fog will form to look like a skull during a battle. That's not necessary to the game but it's really neat when you notice it.

God, I love it so much
Yeah for sure!

As someone who has never touched anything DnD on his life, all the weird stats, effects and dice rolls in the old Infinity Engine games are super overwhelming for me even if I'm sure most of it is still present behind the scene in DoS2.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah for sure!

As someone who has never touched anything DnD on his life, all the weird stats, effects and dice rolls in the old Infinity Engine games are super overwhelming for me even if I'm sure most of it is still present behind the scene in DoS2.
Really, what OS2 did is sand down the stats which is probably the most confusing part about old RPGs. You have combat stats and you have out-of-combat stats and they don't really intermingle at all. You can put all your points into strength and still be a master thief.
One of the most infuriating aspects about older RPGs for new players is the "why are all of my attacks missing" issue and Divinity solves that by basically tying weapons (and armor) to one stat instead of the interwoven net a lot of older RPGs have. It's basically the same route XCOM took.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
At the last Beastcast, when they couldn't name the EVE Online FPS from last gen, I said out loud, "Dust 514!" and was simultaneously shocked that I remembered that.

I forget basic shit every goddamn day and this I remember? What the fuck is wrong with me!?