• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• VirginLoser Has Invited You Into Their Apartment

Votes: 67 25.6%
  • All Your Favorite Personalities Will Be Back Soon

Votes: 89 34.0%
  • I Just Shoved My Asshole Into A Bullet

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Here's Some Fucking Spaghetti

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • Butter, Milk, Eggs & Dairy

Votes: 18 6.9%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 52 19.8%
  • It's Time To Go, You Sad Old Bag

Votes: 13 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 12, 2018
Hey everyone I missed you guys! Took a break from era, busy with work and got a rift s and spent so much time jacked off in last week.
Thanks for everyone who reached out, I am doing good!

Rift S is super great, so happy with it, The visual quality is incredible. it can't even compare to the PSVR. and the touch controllers are so good. and I am shocked how great the inside out tracking works. feels as good as the vive did to me. I highly recommend it!

Things I have played:
I finished Heaven's Vault: I truly loved this game, the figuring out the language stuff felt really great. It's beautiful and a really great story.
I played through 2/3 of the investigations in Night Call on Xbox game pass PC. Man I love this game. Top notch writing all the characters are super well written. One of my favourite games I have played this year. The soundtrack is so good!

Played through Superhot VR - and man what a trip. So god damn good. I smashed my TV twice. I was scared I broke it luckily I didn't. Pushed my mount so it is right up against my wall now when playing VR and face the opposite direction LOL
Defector on the rift is such a cool game. Not a game I would have expected from twisted pixel. I had a blast playing it. some of the coolest physics in a VR game I have seen.
Played through GNOG and I played it on PSVR but on the rift with such accurate tracking it was so much more enjoyable.

Job simulator is still great, and with not having to use garbage PS play controllers so much better!

Google Earth VR is trippy! walking around my block in VR is wild.
Welcome back duder!

Oct 28, 2017
Borderlands 3 looks exactly like how I remembered the god awful Borderlands 2 looking that I won from Dan, answering Terminator trivia while he worked at Game Informer.

Out of all my years gaming, Borderlands 2 is the absolute worst experience I've had with games because the friend I played it with was insufferable during it.

Speaking of Wolfenstein, people know it's an expansion and not 3 right? This is exactly how Machine Games handled The Old Blood.

A ton of people seem to be confused and think it's a full length game. Same thing happened and still does with The Old Blood where many still complain about it being too short and not "having enough variety" despite being sold and advertised as a 20 dollar stand alone DLC.
Anyone expecting anything other than Wolfenstein 2.5 with light Borderlands/Division/Destiny RPG elements and a 6 hour campaign is going to be disappointed.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hello and welcome back, Dan Longman!

Nice to know of a fellow Rift S user :P

Haven't used mine much since it has been so hot, but I intend to jump right back into it once games like Boneworks come out

Oct 28, 2017
Also I have Wolfenstein Youngblood already pre-ordered for every system but refuse to play it with any of you losers because it'd make my anxiety kick in and I also want to watch all the cutscenes and read all the lore and cry because you'll cramp my style.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Also I have Wolfenstein Youngblood already pre-ordered for every system but refuse to play it with any of you losers because it'd make my anxiety kick in and I also want to watch all the cutscenes and read all the lore and cry because you'll cramp my style.
It's nu-Wolfenstein; I'd hope everyone is here for the cutscenes and writing.

Except Giant Bomb in 2014. They really did TNO dirty. Thanks, Drew!

Oct 25, 2017
A ton of people seem to be confused and think it's a full length game. Same thing happened and still does with The Old Blood where many still complain about it being too short and not "having enough variety" despite being sold and advertised as a 20 dollar stand alone DLC.
Anyone expecting anything other than Wolfenstein 2.5 with light Borderlands/Division/Destiny RPG elements and a 6 hour campaign is going to be disappointed.
It's a standalone product and they've been billing it as 25 to 30 hours to "see everything". Also yes if I buy a product I expect it to have enough content and variety to satisfy.

Oct 28, 2017
Going off the intro shown in Bethesda's stream, idle guard dialogue and leaked keyart description I can't wait to see Youngblood's possible ~~commentary~~ on climate change tbh.

It's a standalone product and they've been billing it as 25 to 30 hours to "see everything".

Eh, just like with Wolfenstein 2 I'm 90% sure at the very least 15+ of those hours will be if you want to fully level up your character by doing district side missions (basically level replays) which are making a comeback.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't looked into it myself, but apparently some of the levels and branching paths in Youngblood are massive in comparison to the past games. Someone who has seen an extended look at the game suggested them being scrapped Dishonored levels which makes sense since Arkane is handling the level/environment creation of things. I don't think they're actual scrapped levels, but just very much Arkane's signature work. I also saw someone from the dev team put out that the story will ofc be reduced, but the game has more gameplay than any of the other entries. I'm excited for it!

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure side by side I'd see the differences, but if you told me borderlands 3 is dlc for 2 I'd have believed it. looks dull and outdated and still has the same shitty hit feedback, or lack thereof. couple that with randy pitchford and the stuff abby brought up, and my interest is sub zero

1080peace

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of the MCU: I read this summary of a Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 review on Metacritic and I blacked out immediately.

The Russo brothers have turned Marvel in to cinematic masterpieces. If you're looking for a gaming equivalent, Ultimate Alliance 3 isn't it, though that was never its intention. But if you're looking to get your favourite heroes together to kick ass with friends then you'll have a Hulk-smashing time.

Cinematic
Masterpieces

Teddified

Oct 25, 2017
5656.png

???????????????

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
can't believe Dan was just stuck in the VR Zone this entire time

(welcome back)

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Oh that's in like an hour. I should go to the store now then.

Is the discussion about how Borderlands is dated or not or how Abby dared to bring politics and is dividing the community?
Look, there's male, and then there's political. Giant Bomb didn't need to go and get all political with it, maaaaan.

Oct 28, 2017
Wasn't one of the first things said about Jack Black's channel that it was being run by his kid(s?) who were huge fans of PewDiePie

Why should this come as a surprise to anyone

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I haven't watched the vid and I am not gonna read those comments but

isn't borderlands the game where one of the writers got a ton of shit and abuse directed towards them cuz they were vocal about how they wanted to and did make BL2 more inclusive than BL1

(that was six years ago christ)

even with his departure from gearbox (and putting aside everything else shady about that company), I think it's clear the groundwork he laid is still being built upon in BL3

sooooo borderlands has been """political""" for years
fake borderlands fans throw your claptrap funko pops in the trash you don't deserve them