• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• VirginLoser Has Invited You Into Their Apartment

Votes: 67 25.6%
  • All Your Favorite Personalities Will Be Back Soon

Votes: 89 34.0%
  • I Just Shoved My Asshole Into A Bullet

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Here's Some Fucking Spaghetti

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • Butter, Milk, Eggs & Dairy

Votes: 18 6.9%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 52 19.8%
  • It's Time To Go, You Sad Old Bag

Votes: 13 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Han Seoul-Oh

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Ben's Lens: Teen Choice Awards 2019 Review
3120861-vlcsnap-2019-08-15-16h54m19s765.jpg
Ben and Jan see if their picks lined up with the youth on what's poppin'

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I think you said they didn't do all of them at once like originally planned right? So does that mean that once it has finally healed you will have to go back in surgery for the others?
Correct. Was supposed to be 4, but they only did 1 because it was a "tough removal" or something like that. So I have to face this three more times later in the year, lmao. I hope they can take them all out at once next time.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a huge Flight Sim nerd so I have high hope for the new game but I also have SO many doubts about Microsoft's ability on actually delivering a good sim... Especially since the game will also come out on Xbox and will be playable with a gamepad...

Nothing wrong with a kind of "semi" sim like that but this is not what the hardcore Flight Simmers have been asking since literraly 2006 when the last MS Flight Simulator game came out

Edit: Weird... So the RAD quicklook was on GB Infinite and now it's the Ben's Lense... I'm not sure how I feel about this? It can't be just a coincidence... I assume they are either auto playing latest released video or at least automatically putting them in the next survey or something? I guess this would let people watch new content with a chat which is not ncessarly a bad idea but that's not why I go to GBI... I want random old stuff playing on my second monitor.... Oh and they should remove podcasts from that rotation too while we're at it...

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a huge Flight Sim nerd so I have high hope for the new game but I also have SO many doubts about Microsoft's ability on actually delivering a good sim... Especially since the game will also come out on Xbox and will be playable with a gamepad...

Nothing wrong with a kind of "semi" sim like that but this is not what the hardcore Flight Simmers have been asking since literraly 2006 when the last MS Flight Simulator game came out

Edit: Weird... So the RAD quicklook was on GB Infinite and now it's the Ben's Lense... I'm not sure how I feel about this? It can't be just a coincidence... I assume they are either auto playing latest released video or at least automatically putting them in the next survey or something? I guess this would let people watch new content with a chat which is not ncessarly a bad idea but that's not why I go to GBI... I want random old stuff playing on my second monitor.... Oh and they should remove podcasts from that rotation too while we're at it...
i think they changed the polls so that one option is a recent video

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
so I wasn't sure for certain but looking at my own screenshots I can confirm that, for whatever reason, FE actually uses higher resolution body textures in main story scenes but much, much lower resolution textures in support conversations

and it's very jarring with some characters' outfits

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
so I wasn't sure for certain but looking at my own screenshots I can confirm that, for whatever reason, FE actually uses higher resolution body textures in main story scenes but much, much lower resolution textures in support conversations

and it's very jarring with some characters' outfits
Yeah you can tell by the fanciful stuff on some uniforms being really pixelated. And the weird 3D image void the support convos all take place in. It's a little distracting, tbh.

I'd assume it's so they all load pretty much immediately if you have like a half-dozen to go through at once.

The "big" cutscenes all look great, though, but I'm guessing those are video? I just got through the one in the third or fourth month (the one in the catacombs where Byleth gets the relic) and that was really well-made.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
That was a frustrating Vinnyvania.
Yeah... Vinny was way too cautious near the end... Like I get the feeling when you are far from your last save (he wasn't really at the end) but being overly cautious actually makes it a lot harder... Like he would spend more time trying to dodge attacks instead of hitting the enemy twice to get rid of it and its attacks.

Also I'm super bummed that Abby missed the giant dog head haha

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah... Vinny was way too cautious near the end... Like I get the feeling when you are far from your last save (he wasn't really at the end) but being overly cautious actually makes it a lot harder... Like he would spend more time trying to dodge attacks instead of hitting the enemy twice to get rid of it and its attacks.

Also I'm super bummed that Abby missed the giant dog head haha

That but also giving the old lady her fries, getting a katana and then completely ignoring it. I want to scream at my monitor.

Also the kinda aimless beginning.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
That but also giving the old lady her fries, getting a katana and then completely ignoring it. I want to scream at my monitor.

Also the kinda aimless beginning.
Personnally not a fan of that thrown sword when you have the light saber but whatever that specifically.

Also, once I found out that the reward from the old lady was gun related I just completely stopped giving a shit about her lol

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Yeah you can tell by the fanciful stuff on some uniforms being really pixelated. And the weird 3D image void the support convos all take place in. It's a little distracting, tbh.

I'd assume it's so they all load pretty much immediately if you have like a half-dozen to go through at once.

The "big" cutscenes all look great, though, but I'm guessing those are video? I just got through the one in the third or fourth month (the one in the catacombs where Byleth gets the relic) and that was really well-made.
yeah, I'm sure it's to minimize support convo loading but maaaan it makes some characters look awful

just look at the pattern on these pauldrons
tdiF92d.jpg

JonXL4c.jpg

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God, No Man's Sky is so good now. The 2.0 update finally brought the crafting, inventory, and mission mechanics up to speed and the game is less confusing than ever to play. The addition of being able to research tech you want instead of randomly finding it is also immensely better. You can get an Atlas Pass v4 very quick now (although I should get one for free since I have an Atlas Pass v4 in my wallet IRL) :P

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Vinny and Dan stealing the cop car and setting it on fire while Abby and Dan have no idea what's happening is still the best moment of the whole series

The build quality on Xbox One controllers is nothing sort of a disgrace. Fuck MS for using cheap parts.

Still better than DS4.

I actually haven't had issues with any of the newer models of XB1 controllers (the launch one was bad)

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Salarians' ranking of NPCs in fireemblem that say a thing when you bump into them

1. woman who says "hey, you!" in a pleasant tone
2. woman who says "no." in a firm tone
3. woman who says "maybe..." in a playful but contemplative tone

shoutouts to the woman who says "really?!" incredulously

May 5, 2018
I remember Dan asking Jeff on the PS Underground Volume 1 Issue 1 Demo Derby "Is Dynasty Warriors better than Star Wars Masters of Teras Kasi?" when they played Dynasty Warriors on that disc. Apparently according to the science a few days ago...

Its much worse. How on Earth can science back up the fact that there are 24 worse fighting games than Star Wars?

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
Salarians' ranking of NPCs in fireemblem that say a thing when you bump into them

i wish there was a woman who said NEVER decisively

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently on my 3rd one in 18 months and it's broke now as well. Out of principle, I'm not buying a new one, so I've had to superglue the bumper button back on lol
Haha wow... I don't want to sound like I'm trying to defend them (I'm really not) but it sounds like you are having terrible bad luck! Part of my job is actually to supply controllers (and other hardware) to a (multiple hundreds employees) QA departement and we obviously get our fair share of broken controllers constantly but considering the amount of use we put on them, they are both surviving for a surprisingly long time.

Fun fact... Doing 60+ hours a week of QA on a fighting game will fucking DESTROY any controllers hahaha.... Some teams go through them at a ridiculous pace lol.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Quoting myself from the Canadian Gaming Deals thread for all my Canadian friends in here... This is great news!

cc: Joeku Dan Longman

Have you guys seen that the new Final rates for aggregated wholesale high-speed access services that were published by the CRTC this week? They are ridiculously low! This means that third party ISPs who are using Bell/Videotron/Rogers/Cogeco's lines will now pay a LOT less for those lines which, in turn, means that the price to the consumer will go down by a lot soon too.

Here's the thread on DSL Reports about it in the EBOX sub forum (my ISP).. Even the EBOX CEO cannot believe it lol

And here's an handy table showing you the prices and the difference with the old rates from 2016 (first column is Speed)

9362f6c33486ced2fcd0f983e43fa659.png

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018

"Really?!" is my favourite. I can't help but repeat it out loud every time I hear it.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Oh god I'm getting buffering every two minutes (Edit: make that every minute) in this RAD QL.

This ain't RAD at all.