• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• TEMPORARY. SECRETARY.

Votes: 139 35.1%
  • I Wanna Sit Back And Do Jack Fuck

Votes: 30 7.6%
  • I Can't Read, Bro!

Votes: 81 20.5%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 123 31.1%
  • It Came Out Like A Poop

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • You Goatse'd A Question Mark

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • I Managed To Like Captain Dong's Electric Trike

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Rogue One is good because toward the end of the movie it stops being a Star Wars movie and is just a regular war movie
Its good because they stole Halo Reach's plot and put it into Star Wars, and they hired Mads.

Its the best Star Wars movie in 30 years.

I havent watched Solo and dont have any interest in it and I'm a big Donald Glover guy. Maybe on a flight or something but Star Wars movies have been crap for most of my life.

The animated stuff and this new game are nice tho

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I rewatched some of Rogue One after the Mandalorian and I mostly liked it. CGI Peter Cushing has aged REALLY badly and it's only been a couple of years.

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the gaming subreddit is so terrible

this was the second highest rated comment on a picture of pokemon sword and shield and a dad saying he is giving his child a choice

vz8SNAV.png

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad that people here recognize that Rogue One is the best of the Disney era so far.

Solo is also better than VII and VIII.

YuriLowell

Oct 26, 2017
How dare you buy a game for your kid and make them happy!
You should teach them a lesson about how awful Gamefreak is!

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
Hearing Vinny describe Kingdom Hearts to Dan has reminded me of how ass KH3 kicks. It's definitely settled into a more positive sector of my memory than some other stuff I remember enjoying earlier this year.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
is something wrong with the way the video was capture in the Pokemon QL or does the game actually have the IQ of a PS2 game?

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Now I'm wondering if a Series 4 TCL is enough versus the Series 6... The 6 is obviously better but it'S also like 300$ more...

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club

this was the second highest rated comment on a picture of pokemon sword and shield and a dad saying he is giving his child a choice

vz8SNAV.png
forget nathan drake killing hundreds of people, the real cognitive dissonance is wanting kids to have fun with pokemon while also wanting their parent to punish the game freaks and deny them a sale because pikachu has the same amount of polygons as the last game

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I just had a 6-series TCL and it was an amazing set for 4K HDR gaming. Not worth it though if you aren't playing your games at that fidelity.
Right... Well I have a PS4 Pro so I would play those games in 4K/HDR but I would run my PC games still at 1080p/HDR.

New consoles are coming soon tho obviously

What's the difference between HDR10 and "Dolby Vision HDR / HDR10" ?

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right... Well I have a PS4 Pro so I would play those games in 4K/HDR but I would run my PC games still at 1080p/HDR.

New consoles are coming soon tho obviously

Oh! Well then it may be worth it :P

HDR is a bigger upgrade than resolution, imo

Edit: Dolby Vision is Dolby's HDR format and is only really used for movies/streaming service's shows atm. HDR10 is the standard HDR format that games, movies, etc use.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
It was very brave of Rogue One introducing forgettable characters and thinking I would care about them when they die. The robot was fun though. At least I wasn't as fed up with wisecracking robots when I watched Rogue One

Otherwise it probably is the most expensive fan film ever. Some pretty pictures however

_bemusedchunk

Banned
Nov 6, 2019
North of Boston

vz8SNAV.png

Of course [INSERT COMPANY I PERSONALLY DON'T LIKE] has awful business practices and I would never support such a thing, given I have a large breadth of knowledge of how said company does business - in every asset.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Oh! Well then it may be worth it :P

HDR is a bigger upgrade than resolution, imo

Edit: Dolby Vision is Dolby's HDR format and is only really used for movies/streaming service's shows atm. HDR10 is the standard HDR format that games, movies, etc use.
Ok thanks... Yeah... For 370$CAN (279$ US)... This is really tempting...

On the other hand... The Series 6 is 670$CAN (399$ US) for 55" instead of 50" cause that's the smallest they go... Quite a price bump but still tempting

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok thanks... Yeah... For 370$CAN (279$ US)... This is really tempting...

Which model is it? That price seems kinda low for a good HDR set. There could've been a price drop but I just wanna know so you don't possibly end up buying a model with low HDR ability!

Edit: Oh, nvm! You were talking about the 4-series! That 6-series price appears correct!

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Which model is it? That price seems kinda low for a good HDR set. There could've been a price drop but I just wanna know so you don't possibly end up buying a model with low HDR ability!

Edit: Oh, nvm! You were talking about the 4-series! That 6-series price appears correct!
Hesitating between those two:

Deleted member 6769

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was very brave of Rogue One introducing forgettable characters and thinking I would care about them when they die. The robot was fun though. At least I wasn't as fed up with wisecracking robots when I watched Rogue One

Otherwise it probably is the most expensive fan film ever. Some pretty pictures however
Totally agree. Technically well-made but it has the emotional depth of a puddle.

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Ah, yup! The R617 is the exact one I had!

The choice basically comes down to you wanting 4K or 4K and HDR.

I personally love HDR, but some people disagree and don't value it as much so it is a tough recommendation!

I'd also only recommend an HDR set if you play in a dark room as the effect sort of diminishes in a bright room (although the TCL R617 does get bright enough to still appreciate it in a well-lit environment)

If you can find a store that demos HDR content, maybe see if you can see it in person!

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, yup! The R617 is the exact one I had!

The choice basically comes down to you wanting 4K or 4K and HDR.

I personally love HDR, but some people disagree and don't value it as much so it is a tough recommendation!

I'd also only recommend an HDR set if you play in a dark room as the effect sort of diminishes in a bright room (although the TCL R617 does get bright enough to still appreciate it in a well-lit environment)

If you can find a store that demos HDR content, maybe see if you can see it in person!
Yeah... Like honestly, the 4K is more for futureproofing than anything else since the only 4K console I have is the PS4 Pro and I don't play it that much except for exclusives. I mostly play on PC and those would be running in 1080p... I just feel like a TV should be something you buy for the long term and I kinda regret going the cheap route on my current 1080p set back in 2015.

I am very interested in HDR tho

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah... Like honestly, the 4K is more for futureproofing than anything else since the only 4K console I have is the PS4 Pro and I don't play it that much except for exclusives. I mostly play on PC and those would be running in 1080p... I just feel like a TV should be something you buy for the long term and I kinda regret going the cheap route on my current 1080p set back in 2015.

I am very interested in HDR tho

You won't go wrong with an R617! It'll be good for now and defintely good for the PS5!

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
I've had the same TV since 2011. There isnt anything in 4k I need to see.
HDR keeps advancing so I'm just waiting til this tv dies and ill get a new one.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I have that TCL P607 for about 2 years now and have been nothing but happy with it. PS4 Pro 4K HDR content looks fantastic on it. Apple TV 4K HDR/Dolby content looks fantastic on it. For like $600 I feel like I've gotten my money's worth.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Now my other TV related problem I just realized is that my current HDMI switch (it's actually a 4x2 matrix) definitely doesn't support 4K and/or HDR so I would either need to buy another one of those which adds an extra 70-100$ on top or I don't plug my Switch/XB1 without swapping the cables manually.... This is dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.