Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
No a burger is different.

You need onions and cheese as a bare minimum.

But if done right those 3 ingredients will create perfection.
Ehhh...you don't even need onions to make a fine burger. I'm a bacon and cheese guy. A dollop of mayo or an egg aren't necessary but can elevate a burger for me.
Savory oatmeal. Scallions and some cheese with the oats and then topped with a fried egg.
I'm realizing I've never had savory oatmeal before in my life. Oatmeal in the US is almost always served sweet, which is weird because grits (a similar dish) is prepared both ways. Maybe because grits is basically cornmeal.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
My safe burger pick is blue cheese + bacon, since that's a common option. But I'll try most things on a burger. I'll just generally add pickles though.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Austin was on to something when he said that he wasn't going to use the word "interesting" anymore.
EDIT: It seemed that I didn't use wasn't and used was instead.

Last edited:

karkii

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all need some pineapple in your burgers. A nice slice of pineapple grilled in the grease and spices after the patty is done is godlike.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Abby's going to single-handedly kill Nier in GotY. In all fairness I think some of Alex's arguments for 2B's look were a little disingenuous especially the bit where he brought up that she has a far less revealing for a tiny portion of the game whilst not mentioning you can self destruct at any time to strip her down.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
Yami Yugi narrating this Viva Pinata trailer. Also one of the pinatas was just named Jim.

This is a good Game Tapes.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
What are they actually? I was thinking of revisiting it again just to finish off the rest of the story and reach the ending.
Basically three long endurance tests, each made up of a series of challenge rooms. Strong enemies, no gear. It tends to focus on different gameplay themes every few rooms which is neat, but overall the trials are kind of... I don't want to say underwhelming because they're exactly what I thought they would be, but it's just kind of alright. (Hoping DLC 2 is significantly more substantial.) But it did remind me of how much I loved all the different systems in the game interacting with each other, and I spent a bit of time just running around the world for the hell of it.

(Also: If you haven't finished it yet, try to find all the Memories before going for the ending.)

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Basically three long endurance tests, each made up of a series of challenge rooms. Strong enemies, no gear. It tends to focus on different gameplay themes every few rooms which is neat, but overall the trials are kind of... I don't want to say underwhelming because they're exactly what I thought they would be, but it's just kind of alright. (Hoping DLC 2 is significantly more substantial.) But it did remind me of how much I loved all the different systems in the game interacting with each other, and I spent a bit of time just running around the world for the hell of it.

(Also: If you haven't finished it yet, try to find all the Memories before going for the ending.)

So it's basically that island thing that everyone kept talking about?

That sounds interesting.

But yeah I probably won't get that. Combat challenge rooms aren't my idea of fun in botw.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
That's a pile of grease.

Not a burger.

You need something to cut through all that grease. Onions or pickles do the job.
I mostly grill my burgers or steak as opposed to using cast iron, so less grease. I also drain excess grease and use sirloin as opposed to a fattier ground beef. Also, as Death Metalist stated, a good bun can make or break a burger.
I enjoy fixings on my burgers, but they aren't necessary either.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all need some pineapple in your burgers. A nice slice of pineapple grilled in the grease and spices after the patty is done is godlike.

giphy1.gif

petethepanda

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
So it's basically that island thing that everyone kept talking about?
That sounds interesting.
But yeah I probably won't get that. Combat challenge rooms aren't my idea of fun in botw.
Yep it's the same idea as Eventide Island, but instead of being a "full" space/area, it's shrine rooms dressed with grass and trees and stuff. It'd be easier to recommend if that aspect was cooler. But yeah they can get frustrating, the third one is kind of beyond what I'd call "fun" lol

What's with people who like pineapple trying to convince others to put it in everything?

Pineapple is the Undertale of food.

petethepanda

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Every cutscene in Sonic Forces is a blocked scene on PS4, gotta keep those spoilers from getting out lol

Also: Yeah this is exactly as bad as expected. Worse, even. Some of the recent Sonic games at least had relatively amusing cutscenes, but this is just... yeah

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.