• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
What if I told you all assassin's creed games have been boring since 2
8094.jpg

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Comparing Assassin's Creed Origins to Mass Effect Andromeda is the Citizen Kane of Assassin's Creed Origins comparions.

vectorj

Oct 30, 2017
I finished up today's beastcast. Well, I started it on Wednesday through illicit means, but it was good nonetheless. Gonna miss ol Jeff B for the next week or so.

There are some choice Nier opinions in this beastcast that I can only imagine will sit poorly with a lot of people. Some very valid, and some that are indicative of personal taste. Generally I agreed with Abby that it's a story that could be told w/o the Anime Sexualization, and I can totally see why someone would fall off of it because of it. Though I can't remember how much they put 2B in awful camera angles...I feel like it's been ages since I played/finished the game. I remember at least two or three scenes, and they're at the beginning.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I'm struggling with the combat :() it's very boring to me

The only game I played that was similar to Nier was MGR:R

I turned it to easy, but that somehow made it worse since it's basically playing itself

How long is route A? I'm at a part where big robots attack the earth city thing
2/3rds most likely.

I get the complaints of combat, though I the world and story were enough to downplay the sameness of the combat. Some of the later chips make combat a bit more interesting, like some of the parry chips or some stuff from Route B.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
2017 is not done yet. What a year for games:

(former Witcher devs)

That has to be one of the worst names for a game ever. It has nothing to do with the theme of the mechanics, evokes nothing, the whole subtitle is a search engine nightmare and Seven is even worse in that regard. It's a shame because the game proper looks cool and I would never have known about it without this post.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I finished up today's beastcast. Well, I started it on Wednesday through illicit means, but it was good nonetheless. Gonna miss ol Jeff B for the next week or so.

There are some choice Nier opinions in this beastcast that I can only imagine will sit poorly with a lot of people. Some very valid, and some that are indicative of personal taste. Generally I agreed with Abby that it's a story that could be told w/o the Anime Sexualization, and I can totally see why someone would fall off of it because of it. Though I can't remember how much they put 2B in awful camera angles...I feel like it's been ages since I played/finished the game. I remember at least two or three scenes, and they're at the beginning.

(Haven't listened to the podcast yet, but) The only one that ever really registered for me was the suspiciously low standard gameplay camera, but in cutscenes, I never really felt like the camera lingered on / leered at 2B or A2. (Something that can't be said for Kaine in OG Nier.) I all but entirely stepped away from anime over the last decade after being tired of Anime Fanservice Bullshit so I tend to have a pretty low tolerance for it in games. Still, I can understand how someone with a similar frustration could think that Automata falls on the wrong side of the fence.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
My God I can't deal with Dan's food opinions anymore.

It's too much.

Edit: He doesn't know eggs and flour are in cookie dough. What is this.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like nier would be 10x better if it was just an anime. And don't give me the whole "but it does things only a video game can do!!!" If you're going to make an action game it shouldn't be so poorly designed and bad to play.

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
500 moons is the last amount to unlock something, right? Past that its just collecting for the fun of it?

Oct 26, 2017
I've never made cookies from scratch, I probably kinda sorta knew eggs and flour was involved but I would've had to think about it for a second. I cook a lot, I just never ever cook dessert so why would I know that

You guys are freaking out a little too hard over this, he has said way more egregious stuff in the past

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I can only imagine will sit poorly with a lot of people. Some very valid, and some that are indicative of personal taste. Generally I agreed with Abby that it's a story that could be told w/o the Anime Sexualization, and I can totally see why someone would fall off of it because of it. Though I can't remember how much they put 2B in awful camera

I thought she was on the money with her issues with the horny anime designs, the game clearly has some things to say about sexuality but none of that has anything to do with her specific design and at best YoRHa designs are a trope. I think she's dead wrong how the game handles it's themes though and if she just skips to Youtube videos she's going to miss some of that.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just received $100 in Amazon bucks and am proud to say I am finally joining the SSD club. Anyone else have one and can tell me what it's like? Can't wait to see how fast I will be able to pump out gifs :P

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Just received $100 in Amazon bucks and am proud to say I am finally joining the SSD club. Anyone else have one and can tell me what it's like? Can't wait to see how fast I will be able to pump out gifs :P
Night and day.... One of the biggest upgrade you can do on a PC... Seriously...

Make sure to install your OS and your games on it!

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Out of all the upgrades you can do to a computer, HDD to SSD is one of the biggest and most noticeable. Like Megasoum said, putting your OS on your SSD and making it your boot drive does wonders. One tip I can also give is, to avoid cluttering your SSD with games, just install the ones that you're playing onto the SSD and keep the rest on an HDD, switching games between drives whenever you want that extra speed boost.

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Night and day.... One of the biggest upgrade you can do on a PC... Seriously...

Make sure to install your OS and your games on it!

That's the plan :P So excited to try certain games on it!

Out of all the upgrades you can do to a computer, HDD to SSD is one of the biggest and most noticeable. Like Megasoum said, putting your OS on your SSD and making it your boot drive does wonders. One tip I can also give is, to avoid cluttering your SSD with games, just install the ones that you're playing onto the SSD and keep the rest on an HDD, switching games between drives whenever you want that extra speed boost.

I will do that! Thanks for the tip! Is it easy to move the OS over? Only thing I'm worried about really!

install it into your PS4

ody pls

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like nier would be 10x better if it was just an anime. And don't give me the whole "but it does things only a video game can do!!!" If you're going to make an action game it shouldn't be so poorly designed and bad to play.

But the design is perfectly fine and it plays just fine as well?

I've played through it twice and am planning a third time before the year finishes (gonna be tight) but I never had a single issue with how the game is structured or how it plays.

The first NieR is much more poorly designed (although very interesting) and frustrating game to play, Automata in comparison is a wonder.

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I will do that! Thanks for the tip! Is it easy to move the OS over? Only thing I'm worried about really!
I know there are ways to clone your hard drive onto an SSD, but unfortunately I don't have any experience in doing that. Every time I get a new drive I usually do a fresh reinstall. The one thing you have to consider for cloning drives is if your current boot drive has more used up space than your new SSD.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Man MAN these early Xbox 360 games. What a time. System was on fire from 2005 to 2007/2008, figuratively, and literally for some people.

Where's the Bullet Witch trailer when you need it.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching Dan play around with the ipad while Drew plays MGS5....

I just realized... Do companies still make those companion apps? Like for example I'm playing ACO and Wildlands right now and having the map on my ipad would be nice

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know there are ways to clone your hard drive onto an SSD, but unfortunately I don't have any experience in doing that. Every time I get a new drive I usually do a fresh reinstall. The one thing you have to consider for cloning drives is if your current boot drive has more used up space than your new SSD.

Probably going to do a fresh OS install! Moving around so many files and OS is probably a bad idea :P

I'm watching Dan play around with the ipad while Drew plays MGS5....

I just realized... Do companies still make those companion apps? Like for example I'm playing ACO and Wildlands right now and having the map on my ipad would be nice

The Division was going to have one, but it got cancelled. I'm guessing UBI as a whole moved away from it internally after that. Wildlands would be a perfect game for it, you're right!

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Probably going to do a fresh OS install! Moving around so many files and OS is probably a bad idea :P

The Division was going to have one, but it got cancelled. I'm guessing UBI as a whole moved away from it internally after that. Wildlands would be a perfect game for it, you're right!
That sucks... I loved those apps. I remember using it for Black Flag to send my guys on missions or with Fallout 4 to use the PipBoy since it was 10x better than the ingame PipBoy

Edit: Nvm, Ghost Recon has an app!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.