What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• A Peaceful Life in Satan City

Votes: 125 43.3%
  • Bro-ohs Before Ho-ohs

Votes: 17 5.9%
  • Anime In The Streets, Hentai In The Sheets

Votes: 113 39.1%
  • Grip It & Rip It

Votes: 14 4.8%
  • Ban Francisco

Votes: 20 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
I think it makes sense that E3 doesn't work for some people depending on the year - it's format that relies on guests chemistry with each other as much as it does on Jeff drawing out good conversation. With a lot of mixes of people it's bound to work better in some cases than others.

The cases it doesn't work stick out though, like someone there who doesn't get the format and treats it like a PR platform (((most Microsoft dev teams))) or if it's a group that's too familiar with each other and it becomes a vehicle for inside jokes you're not party to as a viewer.

zychi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chicago
Kessler/lang thing had the giant bomb problem of letting a bit run too long.

I am curious how future e3 night shows will go though. I tapped out more than usual this year but with their closing lineup not a guarantee anymore I wonder how they'll pivot
I used those as podcasts for my commute except the lang/adam craziness

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
ZBCdAbU.jpg

CypherSignal

Oct 25, 2017
I feel this is really unfair to post because I'm not really mocking and it's hard to look at these things without coming off as mocking, and the entire Blackout map/mode is by multiple orders of magnitude a more complicated technical challenge than they've had to reach in a long time while still hitting excellent framerates, resolution, and controller response latency, and it's not a final product and the code and assets will have an extra 1-2 months to further optimize things as they get the game printed...

...but these are some INTENSE LoDs on those trees!

If nothing else, I don't think I've ever seen voxels used for lods like this; only impostors. That's really interesting to see.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I feel this is really unfair to post because I'm not really mocking and it's hard to look at these things without coming off as mocking, and the entire Blackout map/mode is by multiple orders of magnitude a more complicated technical challenge than they've had to reach in a long time while still hitting excellent framerates, resolution, and controller response latency, and it's not a final product and the code and assets will have an extra 1-2 months to further optimize things as they get the game printed...

...but these are some INTENSE LoDs on those trees!

If nothing else, I don't think I've ever seen voxels used for lods like this; only impostors. That's really interesting to see.

Maybe they're just censoring a really big dick.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I'm only an few hours in but Spider-Mang might be the best open world experience I've had since Sleeping Dogs

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would impulse buy a PS4 Pro for this copy of Spider-Man that's getting here tomorrow if the things weren't sold out everywhere

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Do people really think God of War isn't a lock for top 10? Vinny and Dan both said it is one of the best games they have ever played. In a weak year, that will easily be enough to get it into top 10, if not top 5.

Are we really calling this year week? That seems crazy to me.

What game this year isn't another one of those

Yoku's Island Express. Sure it's a "Metroidvania" style game, but it's pinball gameplay certainly makes it different.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
My year in review: Dragon Ball FighterZ and WarioWare Gold are good games. I can't care for anything else.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i wouldn't go so far as weak but it definitely was not to me as strong as last year

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
The problem might just be that 2015-2017 were incredibly strong years for me. This might just be a return to normal more than anything, but it definitely feels weak.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
Last year wasn't that great for me but I don't own a Switch so I missed Odyssey and Xenoblade 2. God of War, Spidey, Hitman, and RDR2 are way more exciting than the likes of Nier Automata though.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'd put Spidey over all but Odyssey on last years list. (I only played Nier, Pubg, Mario, and BOTW from the top 10 I think)

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
spiderman is a game i am enjoying a bunch despite several giant obvious flaws

Status
Not open for further replies.