• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

D O T

Jan 1, 2021
Btw 5taquitos your giveaway said it was for Elden Ring but when redeemed it was for a game called Bad Rats…
69-E2-A7-BF-B053-46-EE-B01-D-C1-EC2-F652-AAC.jpg
Visions of something incredible

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Just realized the giveaway that was canceled an hour before it ended started on April 1st haha (Totally understandable to cancel that one, though. Sounded complicated for the giver).
It didn't seem like a joke. It was a physical item from a new user so it did give me pause. Seems like maybe just an issue they ran into.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
That's bullshit, I hope he gives you an actual key, I don't understand why people are applauding this, fuck them.

What is this, 2012?

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
User Banned (1 week): Giftbot abuse, creating fake giveaways. (ban reduced taking into account apology)
You don't have the right

I have no regrets

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Slow your roll. I feel for the winner, but this is a thread for giving away things for free. No money changed hands.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I'd be mad if I thought I had won Elden Ring and be giving anything else instead.

That said, it's free shit. Can't really complain (all you lose is the possibility of claiming other games if a time restriction is in place).

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Condolences to TearablePuns

I don't mind the joke, but IMO it the bogus giveaway should have been timed so that the winner was chosen on April 1st. Having that happen to someone a week later is kinda OOF

edit: also should have been on a larger scale IMO. If someone were to "giveaway" 10 elden ring keys and have the prank spread out to a few unfortunate people, it would sting less than being the sole person singled out for the joke

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Banned
Jun 8, 2019
that's good......

that's damn good.

that said I would probably have an actual key when they actually found out. feel bad for Tearable Puns

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I think this came up in the past, and with Bad Rats. People were divided but ultimately it was ruled a bad thing as it prevented people from winning genuine giveaways.

But yeah, if it was limited to April Fools day it could of had some wiggle room.

1 gift from ivantod

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from ivantod ivantod!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

ivantod said:
This one is not an April Fools joke.

These are our awesome prizes:

Podge293

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): Modwhining
6 month ban for that.....you get less of a ban for racism

Farcical

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
I can absolutely appreciate the concept of not allowing fake giveaways, but maybe this could've been clarified in the rules before banning someone for it

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
I think the new giveaway should just give the key to the initial winner, I would've cried if that happened to me lol.