AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Taco shell? Taco kit?

You and your girlfriend should read the thread below.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/taco-era-ot-post-real-pictures.40259/

Tacos I had:
CnGZ8gJ.gif

Some onions:
c8t6GK9.gif

Spicy salsa:
HHekWsT.gif

And a few drops of lemon (I think it's called lime in English):
oWq2QIe.gif
This taco thread wouldn't have been complete without the resident Mexican foodie Era expert.

Those are some tasty looking tacos, goddamn!

Nilaul

Oct 26, 2017
Greece
To be fair I really do hate when my date eats my food.
I mean don't order a garden salad and then eat my freaking food. That is a good way to lose some fingers.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We had a talk about it this morning. I think we're going to consider it a learning experience and move on. I've decided to be a bigger person.
I hope that growth includes trying real tacos at a taqueria. We're not going to throw you in Food Jail (yet) for eating tacos made of hard shells and taco kits as long as those are not the only version of "tacos" that you eat.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Arc

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope that growth includes trying real tacos at a taqueria. You're not going to throw you in Food Jail (yet) for eating tacos made of hard shells and taco kits as long as those are not the only version of "tacos" that you eat.

Oh I've had amazing Tacos. Taco Loco in Somerville, MA and Jose's in Cambridge, MA are both legit.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I always cook the sauce with the meat. Then have normal hot sauce (or one of the 6 specialty hot sauces we have) to add later.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
I have Mueller on the phone right now.

Also, I want some home made tacos! 😭

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I love tacos. I make my own. I like fuzzys tacos and torchys tacos, but that picture looks like a grease filled mess someone just threw together in a Styrofoam box.

To me it looks so fresh I could almost smell it. The salsa looks amazing. I've made my own salsa since visiting a Southern California restaurant where it was made fresh to order. It easily beats those silly jars full of gunk.

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry OP, it sounds like you have been fucking up taco night your whole life. The sauce gets cooked with the meat, you then add more sauce on top of that.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Taqueria tacos > than your artisanal white folk tacos.
Yea. There was a 'authentic' Mexican taqueria place by my high-school. Crawling on the health inspection notice were roaches. Never went there again.

The trucks aren't called 'roach coaches' for nothing.

Id rather not have the shits for eating tacos, thank you very much

Also whoever did that gif put way too much onions on there.

Objektivity

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
captive what you're implying is offensive. So one place was on a health inspection list so all taquerias must be roach infested? Oh and no one calls them roach coaches except for people like you. Interpret how you will.

Last edited:

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
People actually buy taco kits? I've seen them in the store but I'm pretty sure the boxes have remained untouched for years.

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Was probably a decent relationship while it lasted, but you gotta know when to walk away, y'know?

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
I love tacos. I make my own. I like fuzzys tacos and torchys tacos, but that picture looks like a grease filled mess someone just threw together in a Styrofoam box.
You're at intermediate level with Torchy's and Fuzzy's. Admittedly better than Taco Bell, but not quite taqueria. Go expert. Straight up. Game changer.

laminated

Oct 28, 2017
When everyone is hating on hard shell tacos, are they hating on the ones sold at taquerias, at least those in San Diego? I totally get the hate on those Taco Bell, Old El Paso brands, but what about the ones that are freshly fried corn tortillas? I don't know if it is authentic or if it was created by Mexican immigrants to cater to the American palate, but they're fucking great! It's like eating a giant taquito but with the lettuce and cheese on the inside!

I like the ones filled with shredded beef. Here's a pic from my local favorite in Oceanside, a humble family-run spot named Mi Asador Mexican and Seafood Restaurant.