• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I'd pick this up for $30. $50 is way too much, even though I love the game.

I hope those that have never played it get to enjoy it, though!

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
kawawii_city_dt.jpg

kawawii_mountain_dt.jpg

kawawii_marine_dt.jpg

kawawii_snow_dt.jpg

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Scouting the YouTube Daily for videos!

I found this in Japanese (game starts 07:00):

If someone fluent could translate 9:30, that might help us find the control methods.

Going by 11:55, it looks like there is:

• Solo-Player
  • 2 Joycon Multiplayer for up to 4 people (with Pro Controller Support)
  • Single Joycon Multiplayer
  • Handheld (wireless with other players).
So you can't mix and match Single and Multi-Joycons.

I love the amount of heights and weight you can give to your player.

Video is in Traditional Chinese, so the creator is probably from Taiwan or Hong Kong, game is in Japanese.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
i hope we will have a Go Vacation 2 one day on Switch,with a new 3d engine and more activities.

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
The video did not look good on the switch news page the other day. I'll wait until this is 20 dollars or less. I was expecting more improvements for 50 bucks

Xshade90

Nov 2, 2017
I don't understand the hate against this game. Perfect for kids and families, I think the price is enough to justify all the contents (and replayable) each mini-games offers, plus it's like a mini-open world, so there's exploration and probably a ton of side activities to do. Is that more the graphical fidelity that you guys are upset about?

Steph-E

Oct 28, 2017
Is the coop just for the mini games? Can you free roam and explore together? I think my kids will love this. They love nintendo land.

I seem to recall there was split screen exploring in the Wii version. So, one person could say explore the winter sports area while another could explore the coastal resort, and if anybody picked a mini game to play everybody jumped to that location.

Deleted member 12162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking forward to this! I never got the chance to play this on the Wii, but it looks like fun to mess around in.

OP
OP

Deleted member 26156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If someone fluent could translate 9:30, that might help us find the control methods.

Going by 11:55, it looks like there is:

• Solo-Player
  • 2 Joycon Multiplayer for up to 4 people (with Pro Controller Support)
  • Single Joycon Multiplayer
  • Handheld (wireless with other players).
So you can't mix and match Single and Multi-Joycons.

Looking at the fact the sideway Joy-Con isn't present at the controller synch screen, I believe you're right. I'll add that to the OP.

EDIT: With reviews now apparently.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched the trailer and is the basically The Sims/Animal Crossing fused with a mini-game collection, 'cause if so....

Xshade90

Nov 2, 2017
Oh, okay... so it's a port ?! okay then, I though it was like a totally brand new game with new minigames. Never knew it was a thing on the Wii...

Wander

Oct 25, 2017
Those review so far. Damn.

I hope it's a case of I'll still enjoy it despite the reviews

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Those review so far. Damn.

I hope it's a case of I'll still enjoy it despite the reviews
Haha, the key was to not let the hype here cloud your judgment. The original Wii game has a 64 metacritic, but some of the opinions here would make you think it's an overlooked gem. I think if you go in expecting a competent mini game collection that offers up so much content that at least some of it is decent, you'll be fine. But this isn't some misunderstood masterpiece. There's a lot of video of the Wii version on YouTube, it will let you know pretty quickly what you're working with.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Haha, the key was to not let the hype here cloud your judgment. The original Wii game has a 64 metacritic, but some of the opinions here would make you think it's an overlooked gem. I think if you go in expecting a competent mini game collection that offers up so much content that at least some of it is decent, you'll be fine. But this isn't some misunderstood masterpiece. There's a lot of video of the Wii version on YouTube, it will let you know pretty quickly what you're working with.

Yeah, I am getting the game because I always thought this and Fishing Resort would be somewhat fun when I had a Wii/Wii U like 5 years ago.

But Fishing Resort never came in the U.K. and Go Vacation is hard to come by. So the chance to finally play one is fine by me.

It may be a case of "Never Meet Your Heroes", but I ain't bothered haha.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

GameXplain reviewed the game (Nintendaan).

He says it is still fun to him, but hates how the game forces a bad progression on you with bland levels before you get to more enjoyable versions of the game.

Score: Like-A-Lot.

I wonder how much of the the initial levels of games others played.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
wait ... did the GameXplain review mentioned it had some cut minigames including the LIGHTSABER BATTLE ONE ???

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
got the game.
played 3 hours.
It's really fun.(again)
Also the racing car game is very decent.
Yeah you need to spend times in the game to discover a lot of little secrets/hidden things.

It's still for me a great little gem.

CloudCircus

Dec 9, 2017
got the game.
played 3 hours.
It's really fun.(again)
Also the racing car game is very decent.
Yeah you need to spend times in the game to discover a lot of little secrets/hidden things.

It's still for me a great little gem.

It looks great, but would it be worth it only for single player?

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if this was actually online where you could explore the island and do activities with your friends live

Oct 27, 2017
The game's controls were pretty bad on the Wii. Way too many actions were mapped to shaking the Wiimote. I'd like to think they changed it for the port, considering handheld mode, but I after searching everywhere, I can't find any information about the controls.

It wouldn't make sense to support handheld mode for this game. It's a party game meant for local multiplayer, thus TV and Tabletop mode are the only modes that make sense.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
There is some very little motion controls in the game (shaking the controlleur to do some tricks,aiming vertically in the water gun battle mini game,etc),but you can remove it.
The weird thing is that you can remove it in the activities menu,not in the open world section (or i didn't find it).
The interface is kinda weird yeah.Also the camera is moved by using the L button and the LEFT stick.(probaly because you can play with one joy con,but it's the same,even if you're using a pro controlleurr.No right stick camera.And you can't remap the buttons.)

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
It wouldn't make sense to support handheld mode for this game. It's a party game meant for local multiplayer, thus TV and Tabletop mode are the only modes that make sense.

"Strangely, this is a multiplayer sports game that probably suits those looking for decent single-player exploration the most."

Jan 18, 2018
For those that have it.... is the game fun? Reviews are not good but I want to have fun with the family.

From my experience with the Wii version....yes.

Think of it like how Gamespot gave Mario Kart 64 a review score of 6.4

Reviews rarely correlate with value. That being said, I am not double dipping at this price.

---

Has anyone plugged in the Wii Balance Board to see if it is supported?

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've kinda been looking for something like this as a good party game since my family were all really interested in the Wii back in the day but never actually tried it. Am a bit worried about the quantity over quality statements I see tho so might sit it out until the video reviews and let's plays roll out.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Some people are mentioning that Lightsaber battles are in .... but the GameXplain video said that it and dancing (two of the "wiimotion plus exclusives" from the first game) were out ?

I don't know who to believe anymore ><

Also, one of the gripes I had was with how Volleyball Automoved you in the Starter Level...but apparently other times you play it you can move yourself!

Protip for this game : don't take the starter level as the basis for ANYTHING.

My favorite example is the diving minigame.
The starter one is literally coming close to 4 turtles and pressing A to give them a pet and it ends.

Actual activity screen diving is Endless fucking Ocean. You have a few minutes of ar that you can level up both you swiming (to beat strong currents) and your air (to stay more time), you can take pics of fish to know their species name, you have lots of lakes/seas to explore ... it is INSANE how much more complex it is.