• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017

While I haven't been the biggest fans of the new character designs, the graphics and new gameplay mechanics all look really solid, I'm really excited to play this. This making Q1 2019 even more packed than it already is does hurt a bit.

Also, kind of find it funny that even though Code Vein was revealed and announced prior to this game, we still don't have a release date on it.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Awwww yisssss. Morherfuckin Aragami. Hopefully a built from the ground up GE game will scratch the itch that MHW can't scratch. I need my anime monster hunting!

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What the hell happened to Code Vein?

Anyway, this studio seems to excel in taking the concept of another franchise, making it more "anime" if that makes any sense, then making the gameplay somewhat worse. That's what I've gotten from playing GE1 and seeing footage of Code Vein.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to it. Especially since they aren't limited by originally being on the PSP anymore.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
God Eater 3 being localized before Code Vein even launches in any territory is very surprising

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I need to research more into what the new gameplay mechanics are. I have the first two PS4 remasters and have only played the first one. Felt kinda tedious but I still liked it.

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
God Eater 3 being localized before Code Vein even launches in any territory is very surprising
What the hell happened to Code Vein?

Anyway, this studio seems to excel in taking the concept of another franchise, making it more "anime" if that makes any sense, then making the gameplay somewhat worse. That's what I've gotten from playing GE1 and seeing footage of Code Vein.

I think it's pretty much this:

I'm guessing the network features turned out to be a lot more challenging to implement than they previously thought. It was always really skeptical that they only announced them earlier this year and stuck to the original September date.

A lot of Code Vein's staff are part of the God Eater team, so they probably didn't jump to the latter until their work on the former was finished. I imagine Code Vein is for the most part done, but needs it's network features fixed. Once God Eater 3 is out in all territories, I can see Code Vein getting a release date announcement sometime in March and then releasing in the Summer.

They probably want to get Code Vein out too before they start doing a lot of marketing and promotion for the next mainline Tales game, seeing one of the general producers for the God Eater series is now the producer for the Tales series. I speculate that this management change might lead to some more folks from the God Eater/Code Vein games to help out more on future Tales projects now.

Oct 27, 2017
This will be my first God Eater game, hopefully it'll fill the void left by Freedom Wars :(

Don't worry. God Eater is a faster, more action packed MH.

A lot of Code Vein's staff are part of the God Eater team, so they probably didn't jump to the latter until their work on the former was finished. I imagine Code Vein is for the most part done, but needs it's network features fixed. Once God Eater 3 is out in all territories, I can see Code Vein getting a release date announcement sometime in March and then releasing in the Summer.

They probably want to get Code Vein out too before they start doing a lot of marketing and promotion for the next mainline Tales game, seeing one of the general producers for the God Eater series is now the producer for the Tales series. I speculate that this management change might lead to some more folks from the God Eater/Code Vein games to help out more on future Tales projects now.

Yeah, you could always see the 'Tales of' influence in the character design for GE which I thought was really good in GE2.

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris

Staff at Bandai Namco have been much more fluid going from project to project for a while now, that includes Tales staff which went to various other projects for the past few years, both Zestiria and Berseria also had a lot of work outsourced to other companies, so if anything it was more of the opposite it could change for the next entry though, we'll know when it release next year.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Isn't Code Vein being made internally while God Eater is still made at Marvelous?

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes God eater 3! I dunno if I'll be there day 1 but I'll be there for sure. Maybe I'll tidy up the achievements in the first 2 someday as a warm-up.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Doesn't seem like there's much talk about this here. I've been looking forward to it quite a while.

Looks like it unlocks on Steam in about five hours. I'll definitely be picking it up. You can save 20% if you own God Eater 2: Rage Burst.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Don't know how I missed this being released soon...

Even though I have this on my 'to buy list' I thought it was coming much later for some reason.

Fries

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't seem like there's much talk about this here. I've been looking forward to it quite a while.

Looks like it unlocks on Steam in about five hours. I'll definitely be picking it up. You can save 20% if you own God Eater 2: Rage Burst.

About to start it on PC, thanks for the heads up that it was releasing today. I had to restart the game (after setting it to Full screen?) for 4K to appear but it seems 120Hz is locked to 1080p or at least I can't choose past 60 Hz past 1080p resolution.

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Yeah I was wondering if there will be an OT for this or not. Didnt even see a review thread for this lol.

Aveis

Oct 28, 2017
Timisoara
Gonna grab it tomorrow!Loved 1 and 2 on my vita,really curious what Marvelous did with the series!Also,it was super weird to see like 0 marketing for this game,at least in europe