• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Thats an internal release date, not the official one, the thread tittle is misleading on that.

Could be also that they have reset the internal details ahead of a release date announcement.

Totally not desparate for a release sooner than later

Jroc

Jun 9, 2018
Clearly they're going to release God of War: Ragnarok: Part 1: Prologue in September, followed by God of War: Ragnarok: Part 2: A-Spec around Christmas.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Wasn't September 30th only speculated due to the merch drop that was supposed to happen then?

Either way, never expected this game to come out this year, and still don't.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
This seems like nothing.
the "thing" here is since a few months ago until earlier today the internal release date was September 30th (you could see it by looking at upcoming games on the web store and sorting by date putting GoW ahead of Forspoken), whereas now the internal release date has been updated to December 31st, which is again reflected by the store.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
They know people are scraping their database, it's just a placeholder because they aren't ready to announce

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
OMG why are people running with this Part 1 shit jfc.

it's just one out of context tweet

Slippy

Oct 23, 2021
Why is the Part 1 tweet involved. We don't know if it's for Last of Us, Overdose or something unrelated to be announced soon.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I thought Part 1 in the title must have meant a PC port of the first GoW but apparently that's already a thing.

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
This tweet seems to be about Overdose.
It could be either one.

TLOU remake makes sense because The Last of Us Part 1 was rumored to be the games title.
Overdose makes sense because the game is rumored to be episodic, so it could be part 1 of that. And the account is the original source for the leak.

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
NEW THEORY:
They saw that people were sorting their wish lists on the PS Store by date and thus figured out it would release in September. So they changed it to the last day of 2022, since the only official information is a 2022 release year.

Just guessing.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
This tweet (from the person who leaked the entire State of Play ahead of it airing) popped up earlier today, prompting people to think TLOU Remake is coming out in September

It's a brand new twitter account that no one saw before the state of play and that list is in a linked image.

www.lireo.com

Why is Twitter Displaying the Wrong Image for Your Post? - Lireo Designs

Like many long-time bloggers, I update older posts regularly with new content, adding new info as well as resources and a new featured image to draw interest to the updated post. For example, for my How to Find the Original Source for an Image post, I knew some of the content was outdated. I wanted

I'm a bit skeptical. At least it's a change from all the ones tweeting a bunch of guesses and deleting the wrong ones.

CasualMaso

Banned
May 12, 2022
Space
I'm smelling a delay. Not surprising and I wouldn't be shocked if it was just a month or 2. Or I'm wrong 🤷🏻

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If we don't see Ragnarok with a new trailer and release date between this week and the next, yeah, I'll start to believe that it's a 2023 game.

ejoshua

Oct 27, 2017
This feels like a delay into 2023 for me. You guys track this stuff more closely than I do so I could be wrong, but this gives me big delay energy.

Oct 27, 2017
This feels like a delay into 2023 for me. You guys track this stuff more closely than I do so I could be wrong, but this gives me big delay energy.
No, it means nothing. It's a place holder day on the last day of the month. All retailers and almost every store front in existence gives place holder dates on the last or first day of the month. There is no evidence of a delay into 2023, Jason said it's 2022 and we know some merch seems to be shipping in September. It could be September, Oct or November.

Of course anything can happen but we shouldn't spiral just because a place holder changed

Aug 14, 2020
I never put faith in a placeholder date of Sept 30, so in that same energy I won't believe that a placeholder date of 31st Dec indicates a delay. I will unhappily eat crow on this but I feel confident saying it's coming this year - it was recently rated too remember.

Sep 21, 2019
I think Ragnarok was originally going to come out in September. When Starfield got delayed, I had a suspicion Sony would swoop in and grab a November release window for Ragnarok for multiple reasons:

1. To try and shit on Microsoft for delaying Redfall and Starfield and not having any AAA console exclusives this holiday season.

2. To take advantage of the holiday sales surge.

3. To have a few more months for some final polish.

It could still be releasing in September, but holiday release is seeming more likely, especially with Starfield delayed...

THE GAME IS DEFINITELY COMING OUT THIS YEAR. WE WILL SEE THE RELEASE DATE TOMORROW AT SGF, 1000%

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know why there was not a single new trailer after the only first trailer. I hate the new Sony secretive policies, so if the gale is not in development hell, they should have released at least few materials or updates.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
I don't know why there was not a single new trailer after the only first trailer. I hate the new Sony secretive policies, so if the game is not in development hell, they should have released at least few materials or updates.
A lack of another trailer at an unknowable distance between now and release doesn't reveal anything about the game.

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
I think Ragnarok was originally going to come out in September. When Starfield got delayed, I had a suspicion Sony would swoop in and grab a November release window for Ragnarok for multiple reasons:

1. To try and shit on Microsoft for delaying Redfall and Starfield and not having any AAA console exclusives this holiday season.

2. To take advantage of the holiday sales surge.

3. To have a few more months for some final polish.

It could still be releasing in September, but holiday release is seeming more likely, especially with Starfield delayed...

THE GAME IS DEFINITELY COMING OUT THIS YEAR. WE WILL SEE THE RELEASE DATE TOMORROW AT SGF, 1000%

Yeah, November makes a lot of sense. With all the things that got pushed to next year it's poised to be THE big single player game on Xbox or PlayStation this holiday season.