• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, so glad it is reviewed so incredibly well. :) Congrats and highest kudos to Santa Monica studios.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Being "The Last of Us" of this generation can mean two things: the game will leave a strong lasting impression and it will be considered masterpiece by many, or it will become a divisive topic where some praise it and others find significant flaws in its design and continually discuss the game as being a mess. The Last of Us was received warmly, but has since become a rather division subject.

Doesn't this happen with pretty much every single game ever made though? The same happened with BotW and that is subjectively one of the best games of all time.

Gunship

Oct 28, 2017
The stuff about build diversity and meaningful choices with regard to your gear in the Skill Up review, didn't expect that.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Gamersky 9.7
God of War is a successful reboot of one of the most brutal hack-and-slash action games, and it's remarkable, fun and still uber-violent. The core gameplay has changed significantly, and Santa Monica did take a risk that won't appeal to some orthodox God of War fans. But all in all it turns out that those new game mechanics are so well-crafted and of course it's great progress.
http://www.gamersky.com/review/201804/1033478.shtml

Merlin'in Kazanı (Turkey) 93/100
http://www.merlininkazani.com/god-of-war-100578-inceleme

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Congrats to the entire team, you hit it out of the park.

Also big kudos on keeping us in the dark as much as possible - its a risky move, but its paid off in dividends.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty easy to see why Sony lifted the review embargo so early

Their confidence in this must have been through the roof

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Being "The Last of Us" of this generation can mean two things: the game will leave a strong lasting impression and it will be considered masterpiece by many, or it will become a divisive topic where some praise it and others find significant flaws in its design and continually discuss the game as being a mess. The Last of Us was received warmly, but has since become a rather divisive subject.

You just described reaction to almost every critically acclaimed game ever made, with very few exceptions.

Rhoc

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Well.. Looks like I have to buy my first Playstation ever. Sounds like this is one of those games you have to play I'm still mad at myself that I didn't play the last of us and watched a streamer instead... not this time.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Are there any non-spoiler reviews aside from Skill-Up?

Would like to watch the EZA review, but since Huber doesn't cut his own reviews, Brandon could have put anything in there!

Deleted member 11995

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Damn.

Them's some high numbers!

Looks like we're in for a real treat. Epic singleplayer AAA with all the trimmings blockbuster eye-candy incoming.

Ok, I'm ready.

Deleted member 21

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
X1fEYaL.png

Gurish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Mar 20, 2018
Being "The Last of Us" of this generation can mean two things: the game will leave a strong lasting impression and it will be considered masterpiece by many, or it will become a divisive topic where some praise it and others find significant flaws in its design and continually discuss the game as being a mess. The Last of Us was received warmly, but has since become a rather divisive subject.

lol no it has not. There is a huge consensus that TLOU is a masterpiece, a vocal minority exists on ANY game, it doesn't mean shit.

TLOU is far from being divisive.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
GoW traditionally sells less units in Europe than it does in the US comparatively.

It does well in Europe, but the split between Uncharted / GoW is more favorable to Uncharted in Europe than it is in the US

I think is more about how well Uncharted does in Europe, but I could be wrong certainly

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I was expecting a Metacritic of about 92. I'm glad the risks they made making this seem to have paid off.

Status
Not open for further replies.