Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Can someone tell me if there's "infinite lives" or infinite respawns without Penalty in this game? My 6 year old son thinks this looks so damn cool and he's oddly great at games (he beat Spider-Man on his own) but if he dies and has to start sll the way over he'll hate it. I'd love to buy it for him if he can just keep going and trying without worry
There are no lives.
The only part where death truly matters is in the optional post-end-game rogue-lite tower mode.

Not sure how generous the checkpoints are, if there any, or if you have to redo the entire level tho.

Last edited:

wrongway

Oct 27, 2017
This wasn't on my radar but it looks pretty slick. Already been said, but it really does give a Stormlight vibe. Lookin forward to catching some streams of it tomorrow, could be a nice pickup.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Anyone looking for really good impressions, SolidFPS is planning to play/stream all day tomorrow. He tends to be a really high level gamer that digs the looters...he's been stoked on this for awhile, and by the end of the stream, I imagine we'll have some really solid impressions of the game first runthrough and the potential in its endgame.
Ah good to know

GreyHand23

Apr 10, 2018
Can someone tell me if there's "infinite lives" or infinite respawns without Penalty in this game? My 6 year old son thinks this looks so damn cool and he's oddly great at games (he beat Spider-Man on his own) but if he dies and has to start sll the way over he'll hate it. I'd love to buy it for him if he can just keep going and trying without worry

There are streams of less skilled Japanese gamers playing the first mission in the game and after death you revive within 2-3 seconds and not far back. I saw that on a boss fight they would just spawn a very short way away to try again. The game also has difficulty settings so your son should be fine.

Oct 25, 2017
There are streams of less skilled Japanese gamers playing the first mission in the game and after death you revive within 2-3 seconds and not far back. I saw that on a boss fight they would just spawn a very short way away to try again. The game also has difficulty settings so your son should be fine.
Awesome thanks I think he'll totally be into it

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Of all the weapon, I think the polearm movesets looks/feels just right for me. I'll probably have a long sword as my secondary.

Of all the playstyles, I think polarity is one that would suit me the best since I'm a fan of character action and so switching between weapons is natural to me. Weakpoints also sound interesting since I'm using polearm.

I still can't decide on a Valor Plate yet, nothing of their abilities seem interesting to me. If it was by looks alone I would pick Greyhawk or Hinterclaw.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Of all the weapon, I think the polearm movesets looks/feels just right for me. I'll probably have a long sword as my secondary.

Of all the playstyles, I think polarity is one that would suit me the best since I'm a fan of character action and so switching between weapons is natural to me. Weakpoints also sound interesting since I'm using polearm.

I still can't decide on a Valor Plate yet, nothing of their abilities seem interesting to me. If it was by looks alone I would pick Greyhawk or Hinterclaw.
Crit-Crit Damage-Weakpoint-Breach-Takedown-Polearm with heavy attack thrusts. From the ones we know off, I think Hinterlcaw for crit-focus or breach Armstrice offensive will be great.

OP
OP
Anastasis

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

I need a LOT more info on the Valorplates. Can't wait to play around with all the weapons. With the haptics of the PS5, I'm going to try just about everything to see which one I like the literal feel of.

BarnabyJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There probably won't be a Steam version for this game, correct? Never bought a game off Epic before but thinking this might be my first. Looks so pretty & fun to play!

OP
OP
Anastasis

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
When do reviews drop?

One of ERA's own has these early impressions to tide you over:

Game is much better than i thought it be, combat is pretty awesome, very Dark Souls light, Armor sets are really cool, an finding an using new weapons is fire, went from a broadsword to a dual sword setup shit was hot. Died only once though, to the first big boss. If i can share screenshots here, just let me know an ill post some! I can see it being really fun with friends too, i think the $70 tag is a bitch much tho, im only a hour in too

Edit: IM on PS5

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019
Don't know how to search within thread, but is it possible we still have no word on cross play?

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Crit-Crit Damage-Weakpoint-Breach-Takedown-Polearm with heavy attack thrusts. From the ones we know off, I think Hinterlcaw for crit-focus or breach Armstrice offensive will be great.

Yeah but Hinterclaw sounds like an endgame set so we probably won't see it for a while.

I guess in theory I want an armor with high spirit to minimize cooldown time. But I have a suspicion that the 'optimal' builds would all be boosting damage as much as possible.

I need a LOT more info on the Valorplates. Can't wait to play around with all the weapons. With the haptics of the PS5, I'm going to try just about everything to see which one I like the literal feel of.

A most of Archon abilities is either summon 3 support units or deal one big AOE buff/debuff, which I guess helps with making each armor be versatile for any build, but at the same time isn't very interesting lol.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Does this have invasions or is it purely PvE co op?

Trying to decide wether to get it on PS5 or my 3070 PC. If there are no invasions or PvP I'm leaning towards PC, but if there are I'm sure there will be cheaters on PC so I'll go closed platform.

GreyHand23

Apr 10, 2018
Kind of crazy the Godfall ascended sold out on target.

Might not be a lot of marketing or even talk about the game generally, but the devs have said that they've seen encouraging signs of support in terms of preorders so this might be selling better than most think. It's basically a 3rd person Diablo and that sounds intriguing to many. We're all just hoping it's actually good.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Might not be a lot of marketing or even talk about the game generally, but the devs have said that they've seen encouraging signs of support in terms of preorders so this might be selling better than most think. It's basically a 3rd person Diablo and that sounds intriguing to many. We're all just hoping it's actually good.
Right. esp if people are all going for the ascended edition with the target b2 g1

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
What is Epic's return policy? I haven't been on the fence for a game this much for a very long time and I want to try this so desperately for atleast a few hours, but I don't want to waste the money if I end up not liking it

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
What is Epic's return policy? I haven't been on the fence for a game this much for a very long time and I want to try this so desperately for atleast a few hours, but I don't want to waste the money if I end up not liking it
same as steam. 2 hours or 14 days. Their refunds are instant though.

Last edited:

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, I am really wanting to read and learn more about the VP - any handy links to the info or is it just not out there yet? Also, really hoping we see a potential profile/support for DS5 haptics on PC for a game like this!

spartan112g

Banned
May 5, 2018
I'm hyped for this game, but I'm literally sweating trying to force myself to live by the standard of waiting for it to drop to $60.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I'm hyped for this game, but I'm literally sweating trying to force myself to live by the standard of waiting for it to drop to $60.

As soon as i find an used copy on ebay i will grab it. or maybe there will be a good deal on black friday.

was rather lukewarm before but the overview videos and the possibility that there is some longterm appeal because of the loot/post game rogue lite mode definitely got me very interested by now.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I have confidence that the gameplay stuff would be fine, every thing the devs have shown and talked about have been pretty consistent.

The real problem with any of these kinds of games is how long can the current content last people? Even the great Monster Hunter World had content droughts in the first few months.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
someone streaming right now
www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Im a hater for this game cause all the marketing has been awful. Also, its gearbox published. I will be delighted to eat a buffet of crow if this is good.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
When will the reviews for this go live?

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
I have confidence that the gameplay stuff would be fine, every thing the devs have shown and talked about have been pretty consistent.

The real problem with any of these kinds of games is how long can the current content last people? Even the great Monster Hunter World had content droughts in the first few months.
I don't think they are selling it as a service game. You can beat the game and move on.

Oct 25, 2017
There's some pretty clever use of the adaptive triggers from that video preview. One of the final hits to a sword combo just slightly toughens the R2 trigger, which creates this sense of weight and strength behind the wind up to this massive final sword blow.

From what I've seen, this is one of those games that doesn't visually convey how good it feels to play. From the controller haptics and adaptive triggers, to the speed and fluidity, and finally, even nuanced things like the enemy gauge UI chipping away in blocks in tandem with your damage. That last point may sound silly, but it's oh so important that a game conveys damage to an enemy in sync with hits and animations.

I'll have my hands on this game (PS5) in about 8-9 hours from now.