CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I might be misremembering but I felt like we saw way more of the monsters in KOTM than Godzilla 2014.
We definitely did. It didn't end up making the movie any better at all.

i'm not falling for any posters or trailers for this. The marketing for both Godzilla movies was amazing (that 2014 trailer is still incredible), but both movies were just awful. KotM was almost astoundingly bad, like it hard to work hard to be as boring as it was.

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
At this point, big tentpole releases should just be a trailer without an actual movie since the former is usually great and the end product is straight garbage. Think of the money they'll save!

Heraldic

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Which Godzilla and Kong movies are a part of this particular reboot? I want to watch them.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, they saved a Ghidorah head at the end of the last film, so I assume we'll get Ghidorah. Probably too much to ask for Mecha Ghidorah.
yeah ghidorah is obviously still on the table for any upcoming movies considering they made it a point to expand on his regenerative capabilities and then show off a remaining head at the end

I'm not personally expecting a major ghidorah reappearance so soon in GvK but it's not out of the question and KotM was clearly not the last we've seen of ghidorah

(well, canonically. whether the movie series actually continues is another question)

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't get your hopes up for that. Kaiju Movies aren't like that.
What do you mean by that?

I might be misremembering but I felt like we saw way more of the monsters in KOTM than Godzilla 2014.
That's true, Godzilla 2014 was blueballing the audience way too much but I thought it was a way better film than KOTM.
The human scenes in KOTM were a lot worse, ruined the pacing and just felt utterly stupid. They can definitely minimize those scenes further, nobody cares about them or the human characters. Out of those 2 movies I only liked Cranston and then they go and off him in the first 20 mins lol

Thordinson

Banned
Aug 1, 2018
What do you mean by that?

That's true, Godzilla 2014 was blueballing the audience way too much but I thought it was a way better film that KOTM.
The human scenes in KOTM were a lot worse, ruined the pacing and just felt utterly stupid. They can definitely minimize those scenes further, nobody cares about them or the human characters

I just meant that kaiju movies are usually more about the humans than the monsters.

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017

The flying ones I suppose but it's was more them doing nothing of note or a smoke filled fire area close up or so far out shots it all got a bit messy, I did remember thinking it looked a bit crap at the time.

Aug 13, 2019
Inevitable third-act team-up is inevitable, considering they want sequels. I'd find it funny if the third act is actually a fight to the death, but before Godzilla can deliver the final blow, it notices a baby Kong and spares Kong's life (Or vice-versa).

Gengahrrr

Oct 25, 2017
Monarch, Kong and the Big G go into the Hollow Earth and Big G puts on armor that was built for him by an ancient civilization that worshipped him, meanwhile Kong builds a giant axe and they end up fighting Mechagodzilla.
200.gif

SFenton

Nov 10, 2017
Eh, I've seen far worse in theaters

*shudders*
The-Devil-Inside-Ending-Screen.jpg

Don't go to that URL. It's long dead and idk what replaced it

Why they thought this was a good ending I'll never know.

I remember seeing this in theaters and was DUMBFOUNDED. Imagine paying money to see a movie and being *required* to do more work to get the ending.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
Neither are gonna win. They're gonna team up to fight something worse. Can't see this going down any other way, personally.

I assume they will honor the original and have Kong (America) beat Godzilla (Japan). But maybe climate change will then kill them all.

I remember when I was a kid, going down a pretty deep monsters hole. When I learned about the existence of a King Kong vs Godzilla movie. I was stoked. I remember being a bit surprised at how old the movie was when I finally saw it, but I also remember not caring all that much. I was just happy it existed.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Christ can I go in one thread without "leaks leaks leaks did you know there's leaks well here's the leaks leaks".

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Hey, you know what, the previous 3 might have not been the best but in sure this one might aftually be good. It could really-

Monarch, Kong and the Big G go into the Hollow Earth and Big G puts on armor that was built for him by an ancient civilization that worshipped him, meanwhile Kong builds a giant axe and they end up fighting Mechagodzilla.

... ... ...oh, no, never mind. What was I thinking.

TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
We definitely did. It didn't end up making the movie any better at all.

i'm not falling for any posters or trailers for this. The marketing for both Godzilla movies was amazing (that 2014 trailer is still incredible), but both movies were just awful. KotM was almost astoundingly bad, like it hard to work hard to be as boring as it was.

I really wanted to walk out of the movie. But I was with a group of friends in the cinema, so I ended up staying. KotM and Die Hard 5 are the worst movies I had the awful experience of watching in the cinema.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Agree totally.

This will be a film made for the big screen experience and the heavy bass of the theatre sound set up.

I suppose we just have to be thankful that we can still see it at all.
Should delay it :( maybe theaters will rerelease the bigger movies for a limited run when things go back to normal. But I expect there will be a lot of backlogged movies to release at that point

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
I never liked the Kong v Godzilla matchup, but maybe that had more to do with how painfully obvious it was that Kong was a guy in *really* poorly designed gorilla suit, even for 6 yr old kid who knew full well Godzilla was the same thing.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
HOLY FUCK I WANT THIS SO BAD!

Hey, you know what, the previous 3 might have not been the best but in sure this one might aftually be good. It could really-

... ... ...oh, no, never mind. What was I thinking.

I have no idea whether any of that is in the movie anymore and one specific thing doesn't seem to be confirmed that I'll go into detail about in spoiler tags:

Apparently the whole Godzilla Armor thing is still not entirely clear. There are multiple theories out there:

- some people say it's not armor, it's a Fake Godzilla with parts of it having been torn off revealing a metal skeleton and it's actually Mechagodzilla in disguise. I call bullshit on this one because Mechagodzilla doesn't really fit into Godzilla's shape, especially the weird claw hands and legs.

- there is also a theory going around that says Kong rips out Big G's dorsal spikes to neutralize his atomic breath and the armor allows them to regrow/gives him red atomic breath. This is supported by the fact that the blade of Kong's giant axe is made from a dorsal spike.

- the ancient civilization that built the underwater ruins in KOTM built this armor for unspecified reasons. They built a huge city to worship the G, doesn't seem all that insane for them to build ceremonial armor for him.

- since so far we've only seen the armor on toys it's perhaps some exaggerated toy thing that doesn't show up in the movie. Mind you that the armored Godzilla is one of their key toys though so I doubt this is some DR ALAN GRANT + TRANSFORMING JETPACK AND LASER GUN type shit.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I want to be excited but King of Monsters was a massive disappointment and the trailers were great so I can't trust anything until I can actually see it.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Fool me thrice, won't get fooled again? Ah, who am I kidding. It's worth a stream at the very least.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
I have no idea whether any of that is in the movie anymore and one specific thing doesn't seem to be confirmed that I'll go into detail about in spoiler tags:

Apparently the whole Godzilla Armor thing is still not entirely clear. There are multiple theories out there:

- some people say it's not armor, it's a Fake Godzilla with parts of it having been torn off revealing a metal skeleton and it's actually Mechagodzilla in disguise. I call bullshit on this one because Mechagodzilla doesn't really fit into Godzilla's shape, especially the weird claw hands and legs.

- there is also a theory going around that says Kong rips out Big G's dorsal spikes to neutralize his atomic breath and the armor allows them to regrow/gives him red atomic breath. This is supported by the fact that the blade of Kong's giant axe is made from a dorsal spike.

- the ancient civilization that built the underwater ruins in KOTM built this armor for unspecified reasons. They built a huge city to worship the G, doesn't seem all that insane for them to build ceremonial armor for him.

- since so far we've only seen the armor on toys it's perhaps some exaggerated toy thing that doesn't show up in the movie. Mind you that the armored Godzilla is one of their key toys though so I doubt this is some DR ALAN GRANT + TRANSFORMING JETPACK AND LASER GUN type shit.

If this shit ISN'T in the movie I'll be super bummed.

It's fucking NUTS.

I love it!

Oct 25, 2017

I don't buy the Civilization armor junk, but the fake armor Godzilla being Mechagodzilla is more likely since that's a direct throwback to the original GvMG movie when Mechagodzilla is posing as Godzilla with fake skin on for the first part of the film until the real one shows up, and blows it off.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018

Well now i am going to be dissapointed if Kong doesnt rip Godzillas spikes and used them against him,so thanks for that i guess

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
I want a definitive winner too but I just don't trust them. Unless.... Godzilla DOES die, and then becomes MECHAGODZILLA and then kicks Kong's ass.

One Godzilla toy that leaked has him with a huge slash in the front,so theres a big chance Kong fucks him up

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017

Considering the leaked toy images a while back, I think there's a pretty good chance that this is going to happen, and I'm all for it. What do they have to lose at this point? You've got giant monsters onscreen. Go batshit and don't hold back anymore.

SilentSoldier

Oct 27, 2017
I still can't get over how they had to enlarge Kong to make this a reasonable fight. Like Godzilla should stomp him easily.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
People need to be prepared that the human side is gonna be pretty stupid again like KOTM,Millie Bobby Brown is back and her character arc is gonna be a journey to decide which side between Godzilla vs Kong is gonna choose,lmao

Oneiros

Oct 27, 2017
I hope Kong wins, but that would be a bolder move than I expect. The original Godzilla vs. Kong sucks, so there's nowhere to go but up.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
I don't buy the Civilization armor junk, but the fake armor Godzilla being Mechagodzilla is more likely since that's a direct throwback to the original GvMG movie when Mechagodzilla is posing as Godzilla with fake skin on for the first part of the film until the real one shows up, and blows it off.

I would be happy with that actually. Honestly at this point I want them be bold and stupid. Make this one count because it might be the last MonsterVerse film.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to get jebaited again into watching a movie that is 20% monster fights and 80% of people just jerking off about how amazing the monsters are.

King of the Monsters was one of the worst movies I saw in theatres. I just wanted to see giant monsters fight, and I barely got it
So it was a typical godzilla movie?

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Expecting a great trailer with fitting music, great visuals. But the end product on the other hand... well, here's hoping.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Also wouldn't some funky ass king ghidorah destroyah hybrid make more sense for the big bad in this? I mean king ghidorahs head was left where that shit went off.

That's also how you nerf godzilla

maigret

Jun 28, 2018
I've never actually seen Skull Island.

I think it's because I just really liked Peter Jackson's King Kong

Skull Island is the best of the bunch, definitely worth checking out because the monsters are a lot of fun and kind of reminiscent of Peter Jackson's take.

Mothra shows up in the end and we get "she with you?" And "I thought she was with you"

I would love if this happened.