Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
I'm prolly not gonna watch the movie for a while so spoil me amigos.

I know mecha godzilla is the big bad but before that, who won Normal Godzilla and Kong's fight? If its a draw, you can go by boxing rules and scoring

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

I know mecha godzilla is the big bad but before that, who won Normal Godzilla and Kong's fight? If its a draw, you can go by boxing rules and scoring

3 Fights

Water fight Godzilla win
Land fight with Axe - Godzilla win
Fight with Mecha-godzilla - Mecha was winning, until Kong and Godzilla team up, and Godzilla power up the axe for Kong to break through mecha-godzilla barrier finishing the fight

Mecha > Godzilla > Kong

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom

'zilla knocks out Kong, just before going toe to toe with Mecha-G on his own, requiring Kong to come to and lend an assist. Afterwards they go their own ways without requiring a rematch.

So the film ends on a draw, but Godzilla wins the fight.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
3 Fights

Water fight Godzilla win
Land fight with Axe - Godzilla win
Fight with Mecha-godzilla - Mecha was winning, until Kong and Godzilla team up, and Godzilla power up the axe for Kong to break through mecha-godzilla barrier finishing the fight

Mecha > Godzilla > Kong
'zilla knocks out Kong, just before going toe to toe with Mecha-G on his own, requiring Kong to come to and lend an assist. Afterwards they go their own ways without requiring a rematch.

So the film ends on a draw, but Godzilla wins the fight.
Thank you friends. Just what I needed to hear

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Is Kong what Wrasslin Era would call a jobber?

Not really~ he fight pretty well, but godzilla is just too big and strong, and with the axe, he can "beat" back godzilla, but there really isn't a reason for them to fight to begin with.
The win isn't as one side fight as Godzilla vs. American godzilla in final war.

Godzilla - Keep the world stable as the alpha
Kong - Protect the last little girl of the native of skull island, after the rest of them died(Terrible that it was just pass with one word)
Ghidorah - I have rocket now?
Human - Make a mess of everything again(Have Kong and Godzilla fight, then Mecha-godzilla finish the victor<Both should be hurt>) and APEX is in charge now.

May 24, 2019
Just saw it.
How do you not have them fight in the topsy turvy gravity upside-down land? That's mind boggling.

Edit: also what's the light source inside the Earth?

Last edited:

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island

Godzilla basically leaves him for dead and you kind of feel bad for Kong cause he just is no match for Godzilla once he goes into his "enough is enough with this shit" and goes full Alligator on all fours mode

You see what happens when Kong gets just glanced by atomic breath, if he was hit head on he would be dead dead.

There is a scene after that where Kong is just on the run from Atomic breathe....like just running for his life and scaling buildings but Godzilla just cuts the building in half while he is climbing it. It's pretty brutal if you were rooting for Kong.

Mechagodzilla basically almost kills Godzilla

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really want to see Hong Kong get destroyed again when's it happening for real and for another movie to be set there with no character from Hong Kong in the movie.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Mechagodzilla basically almost kills Godzilla

In a pretty intimidating way too. Remember this?

f048271fdedc88092eb7704fe5e4ab73.gif

Mechagodzilla successfully pries 'Zilla's jaws open and is warming up its version of the atomic breath to do the exact same thing to him, before Kong intervenes. It's fuckin' brutal knowing that Godzilla nearly got vaporized from the inside out.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
In a pretty intimidating way too. Remember this?

f048271fdedc88092eb7704fe5e4ab73.gif

Mechagodzilla successfully pries 'Zilla's jaws open and is warming up its version of the atomic breath to do the exact same thing to him, before Kong intervenes. It's fuckin' brutal knowing that Godzilla nearly got vaporized from the inside out.
I wonder how he would have gotten out of that if Kong wasn't in the film. Mechagodzilla was the first kaiju to make Godzilla gush blood like crazy in the old school films

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Mecha brutalizes Zilla yeah. Even when Kong joins for help Mecha pretty much just throw him out and continue owning Zilla for a while lol

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I wonder how he would have gotten out of that if Kong wasn't in the film. Mechagodzilla was the first kaiju to make Godzilla gush blood like crazy in the old school films

The fight would probably be different if Godzilla wasn't worn down from his fight with Kong, right before Mecha shows up. I'm sure it would still have been a hard fight though, without Kong being involved.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
So to my understanding the plot outline is basically:

The evil group (can't remember their fucking name) that stole King Ghidora's head in the end of the last film wants to control/do nefarious stuff with Kaiju, and does some weird shit that messes with Godzillas mind, and makes him aggressive, all to lure a fight with Kong. Long story short, Kong and Godzilla fight a bunch (most of the film length) and Godzilla wins, clean. But then evil group unleashes Mechagodzilla- their own Kaiju they want to control, and eliminate both Godzilla and Kong, Godzilla (tired from Kong fight) fights "mecha" and loses handily, but Kong gets a Kaiju version of a sensu bean, is rejuvenated and prevents Mecha from deathblowing "Zilla", and fights mecha, Godzilla also gets his second wind, and together with Kong they wreck mecha, and both go their own ways and high five each other with mutual monster respect (Kong is still King, Zilla is still "earth's protector") The end.

May 24, 2019

The evil group (can't remember their fucking name) that stole King Ghidora's head in the end of the last film wants to control/do nefarious stuff with Kaiju, and does some weird shit that messes with Godzillas mind, and makes him aggressive, all to lure a fight with Kong. Long story short, Kong and Godzilla fight a bunch (most of the film length) and Godzilla wins, clean. But then evil group unleashes Mechagodzilla- their own Kaiju they want to control, and eliminate both Godzilla and Kong, Godzilla (tired from Kong fight) fights "mecha" and loses handily, but Kong gets a Kaiju version of a sensu bean, is rejuvenated and prevents Mecha from deathblowing "Zilla", and fights mecha, Godzilla also gets his second wind, and together with Kong they wreck mecha, and both go their own ways and high five each other with mutual monster respect (Kong is still King, Zilla is still "earth's protector") The end.

If you've just heard about the battles, you're missing out on the real ludicrous main plotline about there being a 'Hollow Earth' inside our Earth because for some reason they don't fight in it.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017

Full Power Godzilla vs Mecha would be interesting to see, but it seems like they were really banking on Godzilla not being at his full strength after fighting Kong

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México

the fights with kong are a side product of the baddies tampering with ghidorah, Godzilla was just looking for a threat, he wasn't sure exactly what and thought it was Kong.

Zilla powers kong's axe in one of the dopest scenes in the movie to kill mecha.

This movie is really fun, god i wanna watch it at least three more times.

Not having them fight on the Hollow Earth is a wasted opportunity, if the fight against Mecha was set there it would been even better. Godzilla making a hole that reaches the center of the earth with his atomic breath was cool af.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
does the real godzilla show up and save king kong at the end?

i need to know if my fanfic comes true or not

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
love it, godzilla is a homie for life

There really wasn't a reason for them to fight to begin with~

Godzilla is keeping the peace, and hunting down ghidorah energy(Human experiment)

Kong is minding his own business, playing lone wolf and cub to the little girl that is the last survivor of the native on skull island

May 24, 2019
There really wasn't a reason for them to fight to begin with~

It's established that G will fight anything that threatens it's position as top dawg, and I guess whatever protective shell was around Kong kept the apex vibes from getting out till they moved him.

It's a day later and I'm still mad at the missed opportunity of Mario Galaxy gravity flippy type battles. The place was right there!

Last edited:

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
MBB did nothing lol. The other two guys made the difference at the final battle.
Also, Serizawas son was wasted.
But other than that, the monster were the stars of the show. Gone is the constantly interrupted action from KotM. (which makes me upset in retrospect)

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
I loved it, great action, am glad I caught it in a (an empty) theater.

On a side note,
I was for sure thinking Godzilla fans were going to get absolutely screwed by the script. I was honestly (pleasantly) shocked they allowed Zilla to just straight up win (with some technicalities ofc).

Oct 25, 2017
I've known about the Mechagodzilla leak for at least a year now when the toys leaked a while back. I'm still not a big fan of the design they went with since the Ready Player One design was pretty decent. I think it's probably the first big miss for the Monsterverse in comparison to Ghidorah and Rodan designs.

That being said I hope the design manages to grow on me in the actual film when I watch it in the next couple of days.

Ralph Bighead

Jan 13, 2018
As someone who liked Godzilla '14 (even if it was flawed) but was pretty bored/disappointed with KotM, will I like this?

Karsha

May 1, 2020
I love stupid stuff but 2 kids and a delusional guy entering a super security organization in the US, taking picture, traveling through a secret tunnel until they reach the Hong Kong branch of said organization while still taking picture and doing shit without no one ever noticing them was really bad...like really bad, I cringed so hard whenever they were onscreen and ruined Zilla's part of the movie, at least Kong's one wasn't that bad with the whole center of the Earth plot

Jamesways

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
I've known about the Mechagodzilla leak for at least a year now when the toys leaked a while back. I'm still not a big fan of the design they went with since the Ready Player One design was pretty decent. I think it's probably the first big miss for the Monsterverse in comparison to Ghidorah and Rodan designs.

That being said I hope the design manages to grow on me in the actual film when I watch it in the next couple of days.
Totally agree. Really don't care for the design of MG. The version in Ready Player One was great, really intimidating.

but I was never a huge fan of the original design, or the robot itself. I wish the big bad in this was something different, like a new version of Ogra or Destroyah.
But it still will be fun as hell.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Im glad the godzilla love from Dougherty went full on the script because even of kong appears A TON during the whole movie, godzilla just messes him up (i really though wb would ask for godzilla to lose) and mechagodzilla owns when he appeares on screen. May seem like a skull island sequel at the beginning, but it turns into a full godzilla blowout by the end.
Really, as the humans dont bother me much, the only thing i didnt enjoy was Junkie's mediocre soundtrack compared to McCreary. Somebody needs to make a cut of the movie with the kotm soundtrack added lol
Final credits were really boring compared to kotm also, black screen with white credits and already used mediocre music (but at least they use the same style for the credits as kotm at the beginning)

Oh yeah, i also missed rodan, mothra and the new titans. I really hate the skullcralwlers and thank good they appear little but they are still there getting in the space of real toho kaijus.
The biggest problem i had is that is like they never existed, its strange. They should have been mentioned at least.

Btw theres a clear "get in the fucking robot shinji" reference in the movie lol

Also if you have the chance of watching at a 4dx or imax cinema please do. The 4dx version was absolutely mental, best experience ive had at a 4dx with the original kotm (other movies have been really bland)

I hate the design in the toys (all of the toys ive seen on the internet) and in the movie he looks amazing, he even has personality like the way the mosnters behave in kotm.
I will say they way he moves is absolutely fantastic. I thought they were going to go more "realistic" moving robot but they went full anime with his animations. You are gonna have a blast.

OP
OP
Star-Lord

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched it myself and love how it's pretty much king ghidorah inside a mecha godzilla such a good twist

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
I really liked this movie!

One thing they clearly learned from King of the Monsters is to trim the fat. Kong jumps around a bit in terms of the situations he's in, but it works because ultimately the details of how he got there really don't matter.