• Chicken

Votes: 356 53.5%
  • Beef

Votes: 309 46.5%

• Total voters

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
chicken is usually cheaper, and poultry is usually a better meat choice than red meat health-wise. I eat a lot more chicken than beef and prefer it that way. Beef for special occasions like a really good steak or if i'm craving a burger.

Kyuur

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Chicken is better for cheaper meals: fried, sandwiches, etc.

Beef is far better if you're just eating it on its own. Steak is way better than getting a half chicken basically anywhere.

Grassy

Oct 25, 2017
It's not even fucking close, chicken is plain as fuck and cannot compare to a wagyu or angus eye fillet or scotch fillet...

Fudgepuppy

Oct 27, 2017
Meat mostly breaks down to how you season and cook it. I've had burgers made from red beans that taste like beef burgers, maybe even better.

I skip beef and pork nowadays, for the most part. Might be hypocritical, but I'm fine with chickens, fish and shellfish being killed for food, but not pigs or cows.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
There's no way I'm voting because same as every other food thread it depends . Chicken ? Sure but not instead of a grilled ribeye or fall off the bone pork back ribs no way. I don't have to choose and I won't

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
good fried chicken is the perfect food for me. i certainly love beef, but i can only eat so much of it i find.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I prefer chicken but good beef usually taste better than chicken. They're expensive and I can only eat those via treats from family.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
I'd never ever side with this opinion in a million years after trying Grade 5 Wagyu. That is a fucking experience that no chicken dish has ever given me.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Aurc

tumblr_mbanjbWIh51r8vzdno5_250.gif

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Love me some good grilled chicken. But I also love grilled beef. And grilled fish. And grilled veggies.

Fuck, just make it on the grill and I'll eat it lmao

Prof. Booty

Banned
Jan 1, 2020
I feel like chicken and fish are the two lowest tiers of the meat world.
Both are a fine line between delicious and "OMG Food poisoning!!"

A good pork chop, ribs, steak etc..
That's the shit that you walk away from feeling like a hunter or a connoisseur.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicken is the ultimate protein that is affordable.

Beef you need to have money and time to cook it to perfection.

Chicken you can fail and still have a good meal.

Chicken wins.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
No lies detected, OP. Don't get all the hype for beef. I mean it's just a cow man.

Dec 4, 2017
Pork is best poultry, as they used to say in the old days. But a nice old-fashioned fat goose is a very close second. Deep fried goose lardo is almost indistinguishable from the pork variety.

Fish is good too, though I try to eat locally-sourced, which almost invariably means freshwater. But it's OK, I don't mind fishy-tasting fish. It always amuses me when people complain about that.

Beef is meh. If I am to eat a ruminant, give me mutton or cabrito.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
OP is right, beef is disgusting, even super fancy expensive stuff. Just some bloody flesh slab. Chicken is elegant and karaage is the factual best thing to eat on earth.

AnilP228

Mar 14, 2018
Watch this video from start to finish and be converted to the glories of the swine.

As I've got more and more into food with age, I've realised how utterly amazing the pig is. Pork belly is my MVP but porchetta is stunning. Slow cooked shoulder too..

As for the OP.... Bad chicken is better than bad beef because you can do so much with it. But the highs of beef blow chicken out of the water. A prime rib with a glass of wine....oh my.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
Where's the "both are good because sometimes you don't want to eat the same thing over and over" option?

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had wagyu steak and Octopus at a Michelin starred restaurant yesterday. No chicken can ever come close to the borderline life changing experience that was. I guess if you want to eat for less than $10 a dish you can keep your chicken.

NathanS

Dec 5, 2017
A) All ingredients are good you don't have to like all of them, I know I don't, but they are all fine and can be made delicious for people who like them.
B) BUT if I have to do any ranking chicken isn't even my number one poultry, that is duck or goose people. Come on! I know in the US we've mostly narrowed our poultry to chicken and turkey and modern turkey has been made as dry and bland as possible, so chicken wins by default. But if you have the money live a little, Duck breast done to medium rare with fully rendered crispy skin? There's a bird.

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
I have dined at Le Bernardin, which is frequently ranked among the top couple dozen or so restaurants in the world. Among the eight different dishes in their (constantly rotating) chef's tasting menu, which included Kobe beef, by far the most succulent, utterly delicious thing I tried was their 2 oz. piece of escolar (often called "white tuna"). Truly, nothing protein beats top-drawer seafood.

I feel like chicken and fish are the two lowest tiers of the meat world.
Both are a fine line between delicious and "OMG Food poisoning!!"

A good pork chop, ribs, steak etc..
That's the shit that you walk away from feeling like a hunter or a connoisseur.
This is actually the complete opposite of what most professional gourmet chefs will tell you. In French cuisine, in particular--arguably the finest in the world--seafood and poultry dishes are often considered the most exquisite on the menu, with the other meats you mentioned typically coming up short of the very top. Exceptions would include veal or lamb, but most definitely not "pork chops, ribs, or steak". (Pork, especially, is deemed something of a "common" protein.)

Last edited:

Deleted member 58401

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 7, 2019
Chicken can be good, but it's probably the least of the meats in terms of taste on its own. I still like it, but I could never eat it again and be okay, too. I like the stock (homemade) better than the meat.

I like the amount of things you can do with beef and pork to basically make it seem with each meal like you're eating meat from an entirely different animal. But, they kill the earth. So, once a week or less for me. But today, in chili, for football.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nope. Not even close.

chicken is only as good as the spices you use.

Ever eat chicken with no seasoning?
spoiler: it's gross

DonNadie

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I could eat chicken everyday, but I couldn't do the same with pork or beef. That said, the flavor and texture of a top quality steak are levels beyond chicken meat.

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think chicken is more versatile than beef but it depends on my mood. Sometimes I want one over the other but respect what each has to bring to the table.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
Chicken is good, and it's hard to go wrong with it compared to beef. It's my go-to meat for everyday eating. But when beef is good, it's so much better.