• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I feel this is going to get abandoned quickly considering googles track record and the reality of us streaming logistics

Dec 18, 2017
Not gonna lie, that part where YouTube had a "Play Now" button gave me the smallest injection of hype. This has some good ideas behind it, I just hope that it can overcome the fact that streaming is expensive and difficult for a lot of people, especially with the limits on data speeds not only around the world but even within the US.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This feels like it's for people who are like this

tumblr_mk2iiz9GIU1s32n64o2_1280.png

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got a 100 mbps connection and the youtube stream still glitches every so often. I cannot trust Google to provide actually good services for always online and streaming gaming.

Phrozenflame500

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
i know saying 'it'll be successful if it works' is a bit tautological, but this thing does seem like it'll live or die based upon how smooth the network experience is

tootsi666

Dec 13, 2018
I don't see myself enjoying this due to input lag but I think Google can make it work well enough for most players. Will be interesting to see which of the many streaming platforms is the most successful in a few years.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Concept is of course really cool and eventually platform manufacturers will converge to this.

Eventually, games will make the difference.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Controller with built in microphone that connects through chrome. My console is now listening to me at all times.

JUNGLEGAMER

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 3, 2019
1080p? At what settings? No thanks I will wait a few hours to download my game and play it in 4k and above 60 fps.

Edit; fuckers just announced 4k at 60 and 8k 120fps for the future :o

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Dat stick placement. It's horrible on the PS controller and it's horrible here

Also the STD jokes write themselves