jontin

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
The Internet has so much information that we forget we viewed these things, especially considering they were viewed with a different perspective a 9 years ago when there wasn't much accountability for this type of thing. People forget, move on, and then rediscover with a new perspective on society. I'm 100% certain you cannot remember all interviews or things you've watched 9 years ago on TV or YouTube.

A considerable amount of posters here were probably 8/9 years old when this aired too.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Those sorts of comments were a huge part of Craig furgusons act. When is it ok and when isn't it?
I believe if you can actually make a proper point or joke about something then it should be OK; however, you should still be wary of how it will affect more than just the person you're talking to or believe is only your audience. If you catch heat for it then reevaluate what you said. Isn't that hard.

BennyBoy

Banned
Mar 31, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Dismissing concerns of harassment, history of severe infractions.
NO FUN ALLOWED. Misplaced extreme vitriolic hostility towards decade old attempts at humour.
the idea that some posters here think that attempts at comedy that aren't necessarily respectful, things that sometimes go hand in hand, deserves hate and swearing and shunning is disgusting

Last edited:

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Shit stirrers, "journalists", and whataboutism. As a society i don't think idea to apply a current day lense on already public events just to castigate people.
Yeah that's about where I am. I don't like the idea of digging up already known incidents and trying to make the person pay for it again. Especially when it's stuff like this that is nearly a decade old.

To be clear though I am not in any way defending or excusing his behavior. Gordon was obviously out of line.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Pretty sure this is all scripted.

Don't watch any Conan interviews with women. Every single YouTube vid on Conan's channel which involves a woman has something about sex in its title.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I just don't like the idea of people going back to something that has

Yeah that's about where I am. I don't like the idea of digging up already known incidents and trying to make the person pay for it again. Especially when it's stuff like this that is nearly a decade old.

I guess you can argue he never paid for it but I don't think that's the point. I just don't think it's healthy for society.

Swab

Oct 25, 2017
To the people who say "this is just a skit" or "this is just a jolly good time" did we watch the same video? She clearly looks disgusted and at one point says "This man does not respect me!" in Spanish.. but yeah, it's just fun and games guys...

I suspect that a lot of Gordon Ramsay fans are trying to find the slightest out for their boy and are taking it...

Really fucking disgusting, tbqh

SuperRaddy

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh look let's cause drama and offence out of nothing. It's an 8yr old video no one batted an eyelid then. Cut 8yrs later everyone just wants to get offended by anything.

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gordon has always been an aggressive personality but no excusing this horrible behaviour. Many times women don't really say anything but I doubt she was okay with this. It doesn't matter if they were friends or she didn't care or whatever, we shouldn't be okay with people sexualising women in this way.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I guess you can argue he never paid for it but I don't think that's the point. I just don't think it's healthy for society.
Well I'm sure he caught some kind of flack for it. Obviously it's not as much as he would have caught today, but that's not the point. And I agree. It's not a path I wanna see everyone go down.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
The real travesty here isn't Gordon Ramsay making lame sexual innuendo jokes that were highly likely rehearsed beforehand, it's him suggesting to eat a pizza with a knife and fork. Shame on you Ramsay, you're a chef, you should know better.

Hassel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are we white knight Sofia from 8 years ago now?

Why are we doing this?

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
To the people who say "this is just a skit" or "this is just a jolly good time" did we watch the same video? She clearly looks disgusted and at one point says "This man does not respect me!" in Spanish.. but yeah, it's just fun and games guys...
That's pretty disingenuous on your part, and you know it. She says that, while smiling, after he comments that the Dulce de Leche she has brought with her tastes like shit in his opinion.

TheLucasLite

Aug 27, 2018
That was hard to watch. Not only was he trying too hard to be funny, but was doing it in the grossest way possible.

jontin

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017

Swab

Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty disingenuous on your part, and you know it. She says that, while smiling, after he comments that the Dulce de Leche she has brought with her tastes like shit in his opinion.

People smile for lots of different reasons, maybe it was a nervous smile or because of the awkward situation like a nervous laugh... it's pretty disingenuous on your part to take one aspect that could be deemed a positive response (smiling) and use that as a basis to clear Gordon Ramsay of any wrong doing, when the majority of the clip shows her looking rather uncomfortable.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
People smile for lots of different reasons, maybe it was a nervous smile or because of the awkward situation like a nervous laugh... it's pretty disingenuous on your part to take one aspect that could be deemed a positive response (smiling) and use that as a basis to clear Gordon Ramsay of any wrong doing, when the majority of the clip shows her looking rather uncomfortable.
That's largely irrelevant. You took her quote out of context when it wasn't attached to his potentially cringe-worthy behavior. She said it in response to him saying Dulce de Leche tasted like shitty fudge.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I can never look at him the same after learning he likes doing poppers.

ImmaterialWateryArmyworm-size_restricted.gif

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
This video even was uploaded over half a year ago. And it aired over 8 years ago. It was never lost. Why are people now covering it? Was Ramsay supposed to host the academy awards or something?
Because things are changing and we're looking back at past events in a new light in order to make sure we do better in the future? To let people whose situation may have been ignored know that we should have been there for them and done better because we don't have a time machine?

Swab

Oct 25, 2017
That's largely irrelevant. You took her quote out of context when it wasn't attached to his potentially cringe-worthy behavior. She said it in response to him saying Dulce de Leche tasted like shitty fudge.

Which is disrespectful to her and her culture, and she said he did not respect her. How is that taking it out of context?

Go ahead and tell me how Gordon Ramsay is the *real* victim here...

I suppose the parts where she makes a sour face and moves his hand away from her is also taken out of context, huh?

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
A woman was harassed. Do you think that's "nothing"?
We don't know the full story. If this was some random hidden camera video that was taken of Gordon Ramsay and Sofia Vergara in a normal, everyday life situation, I would agree that she was clearly harassed here. However, this is a clip from a late night show, that was shown on tv. Late night shows are very heavily scripted and rehearsed. It seems highly unlikely that this entire interaction wouldn't have been pre-planned.

We simply do not know whether Ramsay acted on instinct here (in which case he's clearly in the wrong) or if this entire interaction was written by the show's writers (in which case it's a lame attempt at humour that has aged spectacularly badly).

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I saw this on Youtube last year (recommended for some reason) and was surprised to see no-one brought it up lol. Still, looking for controversy from the past is becoming a trend lately. Kind of ridiculous.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because things are changing and we're looking back at past events in a new light in order to make sure we do better in the future? To let people whose situation may have been ignored know that we should have been there for them and done better because we don't have a time machine?

Maybe it's just me but I feel like these stories are more about crucifying people rather than a teaching moment on how to be empathetic.

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, the stuff Gordon said, or what was written for him to say, was rather cringy. Was still fun to watch tho.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Which is disrespectful to her and her culture, and she said he did not respect her. How is that taking it out of context?

Go ahead and tell me how Gordon Ramsay is the *real* victim here...
There is no victim here whatsoever unless Sofia feels she was a victim. Also, fuck off with being "disrespectful of her culture". He said the Dulce de Leche tasted like shitty fudge. So what? She laughs and says that he doesn't respect her, which can easily be interpreted as her joking back.
I suppose the parts where she makes a sour face and moves his hand away from her is also taken out of context, huh?
Nothing more satisfying than seeing you now attempt to move the goalpost here. Classy.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
We simply do not know whether Ramsay acted on instinct here (in which case he's clearly in the wrong) or if this entire interaction was written by the show's writers (in which case it's a lame attempt at humour that has aged spectacularly badly).
Sure, it would be nice to know that but at the same time he didn't have a gun to his head.
Maybe it's just me but I feel like these stories are more about crucifying people rather than a teaching moment on how to be empathetic.
Some people may treat it that way, sure. Even then, like if there was someone who said "I liked this guy and now I no longer do", they have the right to feel that way.They have the right to boycott the dude or whatever else. If a woman saw this and was like "I think this guy should apologize and be held accountable", I wouldn't stand in the way of that.