Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK
People absolutely won't see through it, I can guarantee that. After the tories have finished their goal of systematically destroying every last part of this country, people will still just blame Labour and foreigners for everything. No matter what happens in this country it is never the fault of the Conservative party, because Reasons.

I'm sure people who voted Leave will still blame politicians when it all goes tits up because they should have done a better job of managing Brexit.
I think politicians in general have let this country down for many years, and I include Tories and Labour in that.
For example, I have family members who have worked in the NHS for years who tell me that many of the issues we see today stem from changes brought in by Blair.
I think one of the major issues we have in this country is that a lot of the shit that needs sorting out takes multiple parliamentary terms to do so and there doesn't seem to be a joined up cross-party plan because they're all too busy blaming each other for shit that has gone wrong.

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
So whatever she does the queen is fucked right? She can be complicit in silencing the parliament or ignore a petition for the PM. Wonder how this will affect the royal family image.

Oct 28, 2017
So whatever she does the queen is fucked right? She can be complicit in silencing the parliament or ignore a petition for the PM. Wonder how this will affect the royal family image.

She's meant to be non-political by letting parliament and government do what it wants. If she stepped in to stop this, it'd be worse for her than just letting it go by. Its fucking mental, but there you go.

She should definitely be saying "Fuck off, I let you form a government to do your job, now go do it.", but thats highly unlikely.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
He leant his (ex) wife a load of money for starters, flew on a private jet with one of Epstiens "models", also he "somehow" didn't know that Epstein ran a pedo ring, and was a convicted sex criminal.
From all reports they werent just friends but Epstein's mistress would set up Andrew with girls. That mistress is friends with some powerful people too, Clintons etc. IIRC.

Holy hell, thanks.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are reports and testimonies of underage women who were forced to have sex with him. It's basically always been in the open that he's fucking awful but our press love the monarchy.
It seems this is at great risk and determent to the greater country.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
Ah yes, the unelected Prime Minister of a party that doesn't have it's own majority trying to act like a dictator.

Gurgelhals

Oct 27, 2017

Obligatory:

tenor.gif

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This has got sweet fuck all to do with Prince Andrew. Take that to another thread.

Deleted member 3196

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When parliament votes no confidence in the government, Johnson will stand outside No. 10 and tell the country that a group of irresponsible MPs are frustrating Brexit and now we need an election.

That gives him 45% of the vote. He's hoping the parties that make up the other 55% remain divided enough to not be effective.

If remain parties want to beat this, less fighting amongst themselves and more tactical voting is necessary. Every vote should be optimised towards getting the Tories out. If you like Corbyn, hold your nose and vote LibDem if you have to. If you're a LibDem, hold your nose and vote Labour if that's your only option. If you're lucky enough to live in a marginal of two or more remain parties, vote with your heart I guess.

But above all else these monsters need to be stopped.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
The General Election is the prize here: he just keeps doing more outrageous things until parliament steps in and tries to stop him, so he can run on "they're trying to stop brexit" as a platform.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
So is there any way the opposition can get us out of this or should I start stockpiling my anxiety meds?

Paxton25

May 9, 2018
When parliament votes no confidence in the government, Johnson will stand outside No. 10 and tell the country that a group of irresponsible MPs are frustrating Brexit and now we need an election.

That gives him 45% of the vote. He's hoping the parties that make up the other 55% remain divided enough to not be effective.

If remain parties want to beat this, less fighting amongst themselves and more tactical voting is necessary. Every vote should be optimised towards getting the Tories out. If you like Corbyn, hold your nose and vote LibDem if you have to. If you're a LibDem, hold your nose and vote Labour if that's your only option. If you're lucky enough to live in a marginal of two or more remain parties, vote with your heart I guess.

But above all else these monsters need to be stopped.
No way does he get anywhere near 45% of the vote.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Took almost 3 1/2 years but we finally made it into a constitutional crisis.

Shame the opposition is divided as fuck.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Those opposition MPs had months to sort out fighting amongst themselves, what are those bumfucks gonna do now? Jackshit.

Oct 27, 2017

She does not have a political role, the Royal family hasn't for hundreds of years. Whatever your feelings on royalty this is really nothing to do with her. She'll suspend parliament if she's asked, she's a human rubber stamp for these things.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No way does he get anywhere near 45% of the vote.

polling suggests he will because that is the pro-brexit vote. The only question is, does he get all of it or does he share it with BXP. If he gets all of it it's a landslide, even with a lower vote share than 2017. If BXP take a chunk off, all bets are off. Therefore he is being as pro-no deal as possible so BXP can't outflank him.