• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
the fact they are still updating the game so far away from release makes me hopeful they will actaully reuse the cars for the next game instead of remodelling every thing again.
Will be interesting to see if there will be a 'next game' in the traditional sense, or if GT Sport will simply evolve through updates like other GaaS games.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Will be interesting to see if there will be a 'next game' in the traditional sense, or if GT Sport will simply evolve through updates like other GaaS games.
I think especially for games love GTS and Forza GaaS would make more sense, at least to me. Then again, Microsoft with gamepass has a platform for such a game but perhaps Sony will put some of their games like GTS also on psnow.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017

I think they'll just keep updating GTS until the end of PS4 and then release a new numbered game for PS5. Kaz said he already started making GT7 after GTSport released.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
uKiCJtp.png

https://twitter.com/BG5_LEGACY_GTB/status/1081447835327852544

the one without a tag is the Aston DB3S

For once I'm not a fan of the new batch. Too many slow cars in here that will hardly ever be used in online races.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
While I wished that it launched with more content, I do have to admit that this game has been well supported in a timely fashion, which is kinda surprising given nobody has described Polyphony as "Timely" before

Also every time one of these threads come up I'm gonna yell about them adding offline saving. I mean, come on, game saves offline and doesn't even store the save online (as I found out the hard way) so why the hell does it not just let you save offline?
It's because of hackers. It prevents cheating online.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It's because of hackers. It prevents cheating online.
Hacking isn't even really a thing on PS4, though. Like, I guess they could hack in a car or something but who cares as long as it's not any different from my legit one.

If it's leaderboards, "times must be gotten online to appear on the leaderboards" is a totally reasonable compromise.

100mega

Oct 27, 2017
I just started playing this game and oh my god I could just do VR time trials all day. I'm so glad PD is continuing to support this game. Side note is there some trick to unlocking cars that cost 1 million plus credits?

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Hacking isn't even really a thing on PS4, though. Like, I guess they could hack in a car or something but who cares as long as it's not any different from my legit one.

If it's leaderboards, "times must be gotten online to appear on the leaderboards" is a totally reasonable compromise.
Sure it is they have save modifiers on PS4 and someone can easily change their save state to change a car's attributes.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Like that the game is constenly updated, but what I really want is more classic GT tracks.

Deleted member 11426

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greensboro NC
Sure it is they have save modifiers on PS4 and someone can easily change their save state to change a car's attributes.

I imagine it's the FIA stuff that makes them pretty restrictive, but it won't let you even buy cars or save progress without internet or when the servers are down.

This will be another GaaS title that's unplayable in a few years once everyone has moved on and Sony has shut off the servers like they do.

Last edited:

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine it's the FIA stuff that makes them pretty restrictive, but it won't let you even buy cars or save progress without internet or when the servers are down.

This will be another GaaS title that's unplayable in a few years once everyone has moved on and Sony has shut off the servers like they do.
ya Sony will take the servers down but just look at Warhawk, game was up for 11 years. i think i'll be ok with Sony ending online support around the year 2029 for this.

Deleted member 11426

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greensboro NC

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
What sim racers have you played recently/before? GTS is in a much better state now than at launch. It's a very... serious game, so if you're questioning finding 'the fun' I might try to borrow it or something to try. The online is still the meat of the game and it's a very honour based, serious affair. You need to wait for time slots for the races (meaning you can't always just jump into a race - you often need to wait 10/15 minutes for your time slot to arrive) and the races are very much about driving 'properly' and maybe moving from 10th to 8th or something, not necessarily all about winning.

I think the online is great for what it's worth. The racing is very clean. I do think that, despite recieving a bunch of updates since launch, it's still quite light on content. It's got loads better but it still has less tracks than some of its conpetitors and the cars still lean heavily towards racing cars (you can tell I'm not a car man) rather than everyday cars. To be fairly brutal, it still (to me) feels like they're adding stuff that it should've really launched with. Kudos to them for keeping supporting it though.

Last one I played was GT5 and Forza 4, that's when I fell off the sim train. The games look great and I love myself some city tracks, but the games themselves just had too many barriers to the content. License tests in GT and what not. I just had a moment of, "this isn't a fun campaign" with sim games. Not gonna lie and say I don't prefer arcade racers like Ridge Racer or more over the top things like Need for Speed/Motorstorm

Still something appealing about cruising around Special Stage Route 5 though in my heart. Maybe though, its only $20, might try it at some point.

BlinkBlank

Oct 27, 2017
Game needs more normal cars, not boring supercars. Fiat Punto please.
This! I want to race a Ford Taurus again!

Seriously, this game is really worth the money at this point. At release, this game was majorly gimped, but when PD released the big update adding single player cup races again, it really pushed this game into the but territory!

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Kaz was hinting that Isle of Man T.T. would be coming to GTS. Also said he'd like to bring the entire Shuto Expressway to the game as well, so those could be next...

Oh god I hope they never put the Isle of Man TT in. They would have to waste an ungodly amount of time modelling such a pointlessly long boring full throttle track.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
can't argue with free content

but I'm still waiting for the ferrari 355 and the honda civic type R (2017 or later)

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
About a few weeks ago after the GT tournament. He also mentioned they are planning on adding the option to import tracks from Ridge Racer 2.

Wut. Is there a link or an actual quote? I've been following GTS news and the tournaments and haven't come across any of this.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Love the way this game is being treated. Granted it's correcting a barebones release, but it is promising for the next game.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Amazing support, great job PD. For the first time I have a good felling about a Next-Gen GT coming out sooner on the console's life-cycle. Those assets will shine on PD's improved engine. Hopefully they will go back to dynamic time of day, it looked on GT5 and 6.

PS: Still waiting for that Ferrari F355.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
What I'd like more than anything is an end to the terrible rolling start as a default way single player races work. I know you can change it in custom events, but the career events still use this terrible race type. It's not even a rolling start as one sees in real racing, but a game of catch up/overtake with most of the cars spread out a long way ahead. For a "sim" it's a horrible "gamey" system clearly designed to prevent frame rate drops.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
If that's a DC2 ITR, it will be added to my garage instantly. Give me an EK9 CTR while you're at it PD.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Just started playing after I got it for Christmas. Still a lot I don't like about it, especially the opponents the AI chooses (still...), but it seems like starting fresh there is plenty to do at least.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Update day and time:

At the following time, we will perform maintenance on the 'Gran Turismo Sport' servers. A new game update will also be available after the maintenance. Please note that during this time the online services, including [Sport Mode], will not be available.

[Day & Time]
January 16, 2019: 20:00 – 22:00 PST
January 17, 2019: 04:00 – 06:00 UTC

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
In this day and age, you don't need to shut down servers. Make it virtualized, put it in a container, fire it up where needed with close to no dependency to location or the actual server beneath. We are in 2019, not 2005.

you are talking from a technical perspective.....not business. Not every, if any, decisions are driven by tech. More often than not, it's driven by business.

Games with low online logins have no business justification to exist, despite the technical feasibility of them separated from the physical layer.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
You should really be thanking Polyphony Digital since Sony does have paid content for some of their other games. Games like GT Sport should be re-reviewed, the scores would be a lot higher now.

While some games pushback mtx for a month or so after review (COD, RDR...), GT Sports keeps delivering content for free after a year. Game got so much new things, the problems the reviews had are all fixed or improved. I didn't see a single game website even considering GT Sports as a "best Gaas nominee" for this year, though. They just dont care about racing. Single player races were introduced a month after the game was released, I dont remember any website even updating their reviews with this...and this was one of the main drawbacks of the game for most. Lack of cars? We get 7-10 per month, since November 2017. A few tracks here and there added...

Please dont quote me with the mtx of buying cheap cars that noone want in GT Sport to say that it does have mtx. Im obviously referring to those mtx that hurt the game.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
We still don´t know if there´ll be a new track, right?

Would we usually know by now if there was?

We usually don't find out if there's a new track until the trailer drops. They reveal it in there. There have only been a few times where that hasn't been the case. Like when they teased Sainte-Croix on Twitter leading up to its reveal and when they announced that new layout of Tokyo Expressway at the GT Championship.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Someone make a Red Line/Realtime livery for that integra and I'll drive it like crazy.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
More convertibles are nice. Even if the one they picked this time handles like shit. It's still a pretty car though.