eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Since Kaz hasn't tweeted a teaser image of cars, I'm guessing this update will have the new Supra concept and that's it. I'm dying for new tracks though.

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
I gotta say, I really hate the way this game will reset degree of rotation for a T300 whenever you enter a pause screen or when a race ends. Sometimes I'd rather race at 540 DoR, and the game should respect that. It's a poor oversight and they should have fixed it by now.

mango.

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GTS 2.0
Cars
Old Track, New Track
Online Feature(s?): Broadcast, Virtual Safety Car, more flags?

I'm lying.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I finally got the game today and will dive in as soon as the patch is ready.

Is there some sort of guide you'd recommend? I don't mean "how to drive, basics" kinda stuff, more like settings in the game (like the non-stiff 3rd person camera) and other GTS specific things.

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
I finally got the game today and will dive in as soon as the patch is ready.

Is there some sort of guide you'd recommend? I don't mean "how to drive, basics" kinda stuff, more like settings in the game (like the non-stiff 3rd person camera) and other GTS specific things.
The missions and circuit experience go a long way in teaching you stuff. Would also recommend player bumper cam—so much better to get a feel for how the car is behaving.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
https://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/00_1445213.html

It's a small update. Only new car is the Supra GR (Gr. 3).

Dragontrail gets a new layout - Gardens I and II. It looks pretty cool. Seems like its a completely new track in the Dragontrail complex as opposed to being a modified version of Seaside.

Tsukuba Circuit Experience.

Some new GT League events.

Battle Royale Mode.

It's the Battle Royale Mode.

Last edited:

Fifanutz

Nov 2, 2017
Hmmm I'm gonna get on this 1st chance I get. I like the flow of that new Dragon Trail layout and I'll get on that circuit experience immediately will help with next week's endurance race :-)

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
It seems okay, but I don't understand why they built a whole new fantasy track from scratch instead of bringing more real tracks to the game. Update is fairly underwhelming overall, I hope this is not going to be the normal pace from here on out.

Fifanutz

Nov 2, 2017
It seems okay, but I don't understand why they built a whole new fantasy track from scratch instead of bringing more real tracks to the game. Update is fairly underwhelming overall, I hope this is not going to be the normal pace from here on out.
Probably the cost factor. Being on location, doing all the telemetry, licensing and such... The fantasy track probably reuses a lot of assets.
As for the updates I think they've supported the game quite well at no extra cost. I wouldn't be opposed to paying a small fee for update packs featuring 3 real world tracks and 12 cars a pop

OrionStarri

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
i'm loving the addition of the new fictional tracks personally, though I understand it isnt for everyone, and this new layout right now for me doesnt feel that flowy, will have to try it in reverse as I feel that might work out better but I also need to have more practice on it.

I've noticed a pattern regarding new tracks though, in that each of the end-of-month updates alternated between a new track layout and an entirely new circuit (Maggiore, Monza, BMB Infield, Tsukuba and now Dragontrail Gardens) so there's some precedence here so far (exception being the Kyoto Driving Park combo track), and with Deep Forest mentioned to be in development a few months ago, i could see it returning fairly soon, too.

Back to the current update at hand, I do need to drive the new GR Supra Concept a bit more to get a proper feel for it but right now its pretty peppy, though it does like to throw the back wheels out from time to time due to the turbo, pretty stoked that its in the Gr3 class though!

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
The new circuit feels like a cross between Tsukuba, Interlagos and a street circuit because of how rigid most of the corners are.

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New track is amazing. I urge you guys to use a Super GT car on it. The 4 corner turn is soooooooo much fun.

My quickest time was 1:25:0 in the NSX

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The positive is that the new track is great.

The negative is that I just cracked the gears inside my T500RS and it's broken now.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Probably the cost factor. Being on location, doing all the telemetry, licensing and such... The fantasy track probably reuses a lot of assets.
As for the updates I think they've supported the game quite well at no extra cost. I wouldn't be opposed to paying a small fee for update packs featuring 3 real world tracks and 12 cars a pop

Eh...I consider the free updates so far just making up for the lack of content at launch. I doubt I would've bought it at launch had I not been assured there was more coming. Though most of the cars they've added have been random older GT cars that I don't care about. The tracks though, it's still their biggest content issue. I think we really need twice as many as we have now to not get tired of them racing every day in Sport mode. I guess we'll get there eventually, but just think the ratio of fantasy vs. real tracks in the game is too far towards the fantasy side right now.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How long did you have it? What strength FF do you usually use?
Both settings are at 5. Today when I tried the new track and corrected snap oversteer, I felt the gears physically skipping with a bad cracking sound, and then the wheel was off-centre. I have a feeling the damage was done when the game had the annoying understeer rattle at launch. It was ridiculously strong on the T500RS and I think the wheel got damaged by it. Ever since then there was problems with the calibration with the wheel taking multiple passes to calibrate correctly, and sometimes not calibrating at all (video). The wheel also had a nasty rubbing sound when it was turning with the motor that you can hear in the video.

I've had the wheel for a bit over a year now, so I think it's out of warranty. Never really liked the wheel, I should have gone with Fanatec...

ruttyboy

Oct 29, 2017
Both settings are at 5. Today when I tried the new track and corrected snap oversteer, I felt the gears physically skipping with a bad cracking sound, and then the wheel was off-centre. I have a feeling the damage was done when the game had the annoying understeer rattle at launch. It was ridiculously strong on the T500RS and I think the wheel got damaged by it. Ever since then there was problems with the calibration with the wheel taking multiple passes to calibrate correctly, and sometimes not calibrating at all (video). The wheel also had a nasty rubbing sound when it was turning with the motor that you can hear in the video.

I've had the wheel for a bit over a year now, so I think it's out of warranty. Never really liked the wheel, I should have gone with Fanatec...
Shit, that sucks. Which country are you in, in the UK (and EU) it's still covered by warranty with the retailer, the manufacturer's one year warranty is meaningless.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shit, that sucks. Which country are you in, in the UK (and EU) it's still covered by warranty with the retailer, the manufacturer's one year warranty is meaningless.
I'm in Finland. I think I'l contact the retailer and cry about it. Actually, I bought the wheel on April 19 2017... One week over warranty. Well played, Thrustmaster.

Azerach

Oct 29, 2017
I'm in Finland. I think I'l contact the retailer and cry about it. Actually, I bought the wheel on April 19 2017... One week over warranty. Well played, Thrustmaster.
Just word your claim carefully and you should be fine. A 400€+ wheel should not break in just a years time.

I've had similarly bad luck with consoles just out of warranty. As long as you make your case about the expected longevity of a product based on its price, i think youre golden.

Onnea.

Konosuke

Oct 29, 2017
It's pretty cool seeing blue flags in action. But they half-assed the penalty implementation again. Other players should know how much is the penalty.

Oh, I hadn't noticed that we're now in the FIA Pre-Season. That's exciting, it's now 8 races per season.

Last edited:

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Love the new track. Also, first time for me seeing Ring in a daily. Got to do two races, pole and 1st, and 2nd and 2nd in the other race. No passing, but whatever, still fun.

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
Just a heads up, we're a bit low on numbers for tonight's race in the Resetera endurance league - it's a fun, friendly and clean environment and the races are some of the best I've had on any game. Let GHG know if you fancy taking part (9pm GMT tonight).

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
So this new track...it's not quite perfect. Either direction the multi-apex corner doesn't feel right. I think it's either to tight or to shallow.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
What's the point of blue flags if they ghost the car?

Also I noticed a lot of backmarkers moving out of the way to let me past - again, confused as to why they do that when they're ghosts.

Konosuke

Oct 29, 2017
Monza Gr2 daily is super fun but I keep struggling with fuel. I don't understand how everyone else seems to have more than me.

I've tried changing fuel maps whilst slipstreaming, changing once I reach top speed, and still I struggle...

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Monza Gr2 daily is super fun but I keep struggling with fuel. I don't understand how everyone else seems to have more than me.

I've tried changing fuel maps whilst slipstreaming, changing once I reach top speed, and still I struggle...
Yeah do what Bradley said. If you go to the max rpm before shifting you waste quite a bit more fuel. I usually go half way and then shift + if you are in someone's slip stream maybe do fuel map 2-3

tmkn

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
How good is the new track!!
1 Sport mode game and so far I think it's my favorite track, track has a nice flow, overall fast but with nice chicanes

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
Today's Endurance daily (Single-make new Toyota Gr.3 at Suzuka) is an SR clusterfuck. It's a standing start so everyone is bunched through turn 1 and 2, and the esses. Impossible to avoid contact by other players.

Konosuke

Oct 29, 2017

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
Sigh, the penalty system in this game... Ever since February or March I'm completely lost on how it works.

Just had a race where I didn't have a single red marker in the race. No penalties nothing. Yet in the end I got a grey SR instead of a blue one. Why?

Yesterday I had a race in which I got one penalty (for something minor) but other than that I had a completely clean race. 5 laps and I was completely clean in 4 laps. One penalty in 1 lap and I got a red SR. Why should I even bother with the race then? May as well quit.

In that same race a dirty driver completely destroyed me on a sharp turn and caused me to drop to the last position. I ended the race in the 10th position whereas that bastard ended in 7th. The penalty he got was laughable.

I started playing Sport mode less ever since February/March because of these things and it seems it is not getting any better. Am I doing something wrong?

Nov 27, 2017
The penalty system is so frustrating and can be very harsh and unfair at times. Today in the Sao Paolo race someone divebombs in turn 4, I see him on the radar and in the mirror, leave him enough space to get through the corner side by side. We both touch slightly, and I get a 4 second penalty for trying to avoid a collision.The guy who divebombed gets no penalty (which I'm completely fine with) but then I shouldn't get one as well.

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
Sigh, the penalty system in this game... Ever since February or March I'm completely lost on how it works.

Just had a race where I didn't have a single red marker in the race. No penalties nothing. Yet in the end I got a grey SR instead of a blue one. Why?

Yesterday I had a race in which I got one penalty (for something minor) but other than that I had a completely clean race. 5 laps and I was completely clean in 4 laps. One penalty in 1 lap and I got a red SR. Why should I even bother with the race then? May as well quit.

In that same race a dirty driver completely destroyed me on a sharp turn and caused me to drop to the last position. I ended the race in the 10th position whereas that bastard ended in 7th. The penalty he got was laughable.

I started playing Sport mode less ever since February/March because of these things and it seems it is not getting any better. Am I doing something wrong?
Regarding the bolded, was your SR maxed?

tmkn

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Idk the penalty system is pretty great lately, ended with a bump to SR A even though I bumped into people 4x. 1x (minor bump) was my own fault, 3x I got bumped from behind and dominoed, but I never got a penalty and left the race with a fresh A SR :)
The 1 time where I was at fault I probably got away because I didn't overtake him and let him reenter in front of me.

Cue to two weeks before where the car spins out in front of me on Brands Hatch, I pass on the racing line and he bumps into me sideways because he tried to save the car, penalty, thx o_O