• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Alanaan is crazy broken and the sun is crazy broken, you get two for the price of one. With both your team gets guaranteed triple attack, echoes, criticals off element and attacking twice for one turn, so guaranteed 6 hits per auto for 3/4 characters plus echoes for one turn.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
"Worth getting" would be based around using a sunstone for the Arcarum progression versus using it on bolstering my summons.
Oh trust me, the Sunstone is one of the lesser parts of it. It's the hundreds of Astra that you will need!

Alanaan is crazy broken and the sun is crazy broken, you get two for the price of one. With both your team gets guaranteed triple attack, echoes, criticals off element and attacking twice for one turn, so guaranteed 6 hits per auto for 3/4 characters plus echoes for one turn.

Yeah, I really want EX2 Mechanic just so I can take Mist (to cap Def Down) and Clarity (to dispel the shorted). He's nuts, especially when you catch Shiva off your Sun call

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh trust me, the Sunstone is one of the lesser parts of it. It's the hundreds of Astra that you will need!

Yeah, I really want EX2 Mechanic just so I can take Mist (to cap Def Down) and Clarity (to dispel the shorted). He's nuts, especially when you catch Shiva off your Sun call
I understand that, but it seems like Sunstones are still pretty hard to come by if you don't ahve a serious guild for U&F. So should I save them for summons then?

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I understand that, but it seems like Sunstones are still pretty hard to come by if you don't ahve a serious guild for U&F. So should I save them for summons then?

Realistically, if you aren't in a "serious" crew for Unite and Fight, you don't really need to use Sunstones. The only stuff you would need to sunstone are Primal summons- which without Gacha weapons are worse than f2p M2 grids, and if you have a Primal grid with gacha weapons in it, you probably are committed enough to the game to be in a crew. The only other stuff that you would want to sunstone are Bonito, Lucifer, Bahamut, and the 120 series (Grimnir/Shiva/etc), and for the most part, those are going to be easier to find on your support list than a M2 summon.

You also should not be using Sunstones until you have enough to fully uncap the summon, as you might end up drawing something better after you have already used 1 or 2 on a summon.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Realistically, if you aren't in a "serious" crew for Unite and Fight, you don't really need to use Sunstones. The only stuff you would need to sunstone are Primal summons- which without Gacha weapons are worse than f2p M2 grids, and if you have a Primal grid with gacha weapons in it, you probably are committed enough to the game to be in a crew. The only other stuff that you would want to sunstone are Bonito, Lucifer, Bahamut, and the 120 series (Grimnir/Shiva/etc), and for the most part, those are going to be easier to find on your support list than a M2 summon.

You also should not be using Sunstones until you have enough to fully uncap the summon, as you might end up drawing something better after you have already used 1 or 2 on a summon.
Good to know then. I've only used Sunstones to fully uncap Bahamut and Lucifer so far, so I'm on the rgith track.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Arcarum summons are one of the best uses for Sunstones, specially if you're f2p. Besides most of them having good calls, they all have useful sub-auras and great stats.

You can safely ignore the Evokers for now though.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
In all honesty, using a Sunstone to bypass the Omega 4* requirements- 10 M2 Omega Anima and 500 quartz- isn't the worst thing in the world either

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
The best 3(4) envokers are linked to dmg up/cap up summons so you probably want to get them anyway.

Them being Alaanan, Caim, Nier, (and I think geisenborger is really solid but not as crazy as the top three, and alannan/sun being an easy obvious first target if you can't get a caim grid running).

Last edited:

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Well I only have three sunstones left until I can get enough valor points to get another from the U&F shop. Should I use two of them to uncap my Bonito or should I save them all for SSR Arcarum summons from this point forward?

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
It honestly depends as stuff changes.

For Bonito, you really want strong grids or imho mechanic or chyrsaor is better than that most of the time. If you have a really strong water grid or siete 5 star etc ... stuff to help prop the lack of elemental bonus for non water grids, is basically when i would think of flbing it.

SSR arcarum summons will take a long time anyway and I would only focus on one (and that one being the Sun like Iori Loco said).

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I see then. Well I'm pretty close to Sun being SSR so I guess I will jsut focus on that.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017

Coming on August 22nd: blue chests will be coming to the Prometheus/Ca Ong/etc. series of Epic raids. The chests will replace one of the gold chests which currently contains grimoires, anima, and the Epic SSR weapons.

Guess people are getting Anubis staffs too easily.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
spark8-15-20190aka9.png

Probably my best spark so far. Was really hoping to get some Ixabas and I managed to get two.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting so close to finally sparking for the first time. Which is an achievement for me to last this long without using my crystals on an impulse.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Sparked Grimnir, had a 16 SSR Spark- better than my last one that was 12!
Got Summer Alex and Grand Vira as my new characters, the rest being moons- including Lucio, Strum and Alexial moons, so I have some Dama I am going to need to spend at some point

I'm getting so close to finally sparking for the first time. Which is an achievement for me to last this long without using my crystals on an impulse.

I don't think I started "saving" for a spark until I had played the game for almost a year. Early on, it's way more important to draw just to get characters for teams! It's probably not as important in 2019- Side Stories, Roulette, and SSR event characters being good did not exist in 2017- but don't worry too much

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I started "saving" for a spark until I had played the game for almost a year. Early on, it's way more important to draw just to get characters for teams! It's probably not as important in 2019- Side Stories, Roulette, and SSR event characters being good did not exist in 2017- but don't worry too much
I started back way back in 2017, so I've been on and off for the moment.

I definitely have enough characters that I need to start getting more specific ones

Last edited:

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
The new banner is tempting, but I'm only at like 250 pulls. I guess I will keep saving for Andira.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018

Coming on August 22nd: blue chests will be coming to the Prometheus/Ca Ong/etc. series of Epic raids. The chests will replace one of the gold chests which currently contains grimoires, anima, and the Epic SSR weapons.

Guess people are getting Anubis staffs too easily.

Well that was quick lmao. Minimum honor for blue chest should at least be more lenient than M2 raids since it feels like it just dies so quickly in comparison. Or introduce them into the pendants shop.

Edit: opps don't mind the top part, was really old stuff.

Last edited:

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That change seems like a bummer but I probably wouldn't be able to use that weapon for a long time anyways since apparently you need 5* Dark Opus weapons for them to be effective to begin with

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I did two ten pulls and only got Almeida but I'm not really interested in pulling on this banner anyway.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
That change seems like a bummer but I probably wouldn't be able to use that weapon for a long time anyways since apparently you need 5* Dark Opus weapons for them to be effective to begin with

iirc caim can use it easily, also i've seen fire with alaanan use it as well.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
My guess is you will be doing a daily train of between 6-10 people to make sure that they don't explode instantly.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Making the most of this last week before the change to leech as many anubis raids as I can, lol.

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
I think that the change was necessary, this way having a good grid/strategy matters instead of just having to get into raids. I just hope that they put the rate at 4% like M2 raids so it doesn't take an eternity to grind the new weapons, not that you need that many of them any way.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
What's the best first uncap pendulum for the Fire Dark Opus weapon? My first guess would be charge attack cap.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017

The Arcarum update is in too, with an extensive list of system changes, some of which were not announced in the summer stream.

1) Fast Expedition can now be used on stages 3, 6, and 9 can now be skipped up to the boss.

2) On Hard and Extreme, chests can contain Arcarum Items.

3) Lone enemies in Arcarum can now drop Sephira Stones and appropriate elemental Astras.

4) Discarded Puppets have higher drop rates for lightborne and darkborne Astras

5) Sephira Stone drop rates raised on Arcarum Series (boss) fights

6) Retreat/defeat 10 TP penalty removed

7) Arcarum stages will no longer skill seal

8) Chests no longer contain temporary buffs

9) Special encounter rates increased on stages 3, 6, 9

10) Weekly Arcapoint Cap up purchases increased to +20,000 maximum arcapoints per week

The new Arcarum updates sound great.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Just finished an full Arcarum run and it has indeed increased some of the item drops which is pretty great.

Noticed a lot of increased appearance of the special type unit as well.

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if they are going to apply the Arcarum skip changes to events as well.

Being able to skip stages 1 and 2, then just skipping straight to stage 3's boss is really convenient.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I HATE XENO COROW
-In the EX route, she wipes your 4th party member on turn 1 if you used Conjunction
-If you don't 1-shot her or have Oliva hit Twilight Terror on her, she does a giant plain damage attack
-She has way more HP than the other Xeno Etremes, which means it's likely to take an extra turn or two

Seriously, I fucking hate this event

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
I HATE XENO COROW
-In the EX route, she wipes your 4th party member on turn 1 if you used Conjunction
-If you don't 1-shot her or have Oliva hit Twilight Terror on her, she does a giant plain damage attack
-She has way more HP than the other Xeno Etremes, which means it's likely to take an extra turn or two

I don't actually have any problem with her, I full auto Maniac and for NM120 I just use all skills (including conjuction and DK dispell attack) and then auto.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
I HATE XENO COROW

You probably don't need to use Conjunction before Xeno Corow, but try using a Kaguya friend summon if you're playing auto.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
My Dark team has been underfed for years and can't do Xeno Corrow NM120 reliably. Time to rehaul the grid.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Seems like the next event is going to be about Punished Stan with the trial character possibly hinting his SSR (although I haven't played the second story yet so I don't know why he's like this.)

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like we'll be getting a Proving Grounds Fire rerun for those of us that didn't get the Fire Sword last time. Surprised they didn't get Earth, Light, and Dark out the way first, but I'm guessing they want to prepare people for Unite and Fight.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Missed out farming it the first time, so pretty happy that it returning. But yeah, I'm also wondering if this means more reruns of the other elements or they just decided to run with Fire due to GW.

Slash SeveN

Oct 25, 2017
I still needs 20 fans before this event is up. Glad I can kiiiiinda spam runs at work. Having to harvest the blade and gun with a dark team that can only auto the regular version on extreme is rough. Really looking forward the the boost to my light team though! not looking forward thinking about chasing double weapons on future xeno clashes as a new player, lol.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I did like 200 leaches of the raid in order to get Rainbow Prisms and get the last 25ish fans I needed. Took like 4 hours across 2 days, but I could do it while watching TV so it wasn't so bad

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. Are these FLB Primal mats real? THIS IS WAY TOO EASY. And it's also 140%!!!! Wtf are you doing KMR?