• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Cygames will probably be a big player, probably even bigger than a lot of the trafition Japanese companies next gen. I'm actually quite excited as most Japanese companies have been operating with lower budgets.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bro... this isn't Persona 5 Arena. All of these obstacles getting in the way.

The Stig

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, Cygames just throwin' around that money. Looks sick, just hope it's not quite as simplified as that tweet would imply.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Really excited for this. I never even considered this game as a possibility cause my mind always just goes to Guilty Gear or Persona Arena when thinking of what I want from ArcSys but I really liked the anime for Granblue last year and love ArcSys so I'm sure I'll enjoy this a lot.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Is Shadowverse part of Granblue universe or are they just from the same company?!

Just from the same company but there's a lot of cross-pollination between all of Cygames' properties. Characters from Rage of Bahamut, Shadowverse, etc. regularly show up in Granblue for example.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Cygames ever so proactive in getting in on that cool shit. ArcSys must have expanded a lot to support all these games using this technique. I guess they can afford to take their time with the next guilty gear.
ArcSys pretty much outsource everything except critical staff, Xrd had about 20 ASW developers, when about 100 devs worked on the game overall through outsourcing.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I cannot get over how awesome the character art is, and how it'll be the second Granblue Fantasy game where we can fully appreciate the character designs.

char_detail_gran_image.png
char_detail_katalina_image.png

Is there a Hideo Minaba art book? Or even just a Granblue Fantasy one. I'd really love to get my hands on one.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot get over how awesome the character art is, and how it'll be the second Granblue Fantasy game where we can fully appreciate the character designs.

Is there a Hideo Minaba art book? Or even just a Granblue Fantasy one. I'd really love to get my hands on one.
There are a TON of GBF Artbooks, ranging from in-game completed art to conceptual art. The "problem" is that they all come with codes for in-game content, which kinda makes them expensive to import (expect to pay $40-50 bucks a piece)

Kumubou

Oct 25, 2017
I would not want to be responsible for making the roster decisions for this game. There are so many characters that would be a good fit for this game... at least they'll have DLC options for days.

Did Granblue really make Cygames so much money that they're now able to basically fund AAA games in whatever genre they want?
And Shadowverse
And Idolmaster: Cinderella Girls
And Dragalia Lost
And Princess Connect

The number of successful mobile games they have -- and the amount of money they make from them -- is staggering.
If it does get localized, I'll get it for cheap unless Arcsys pulls out a miracle and actually has good rollback netcode (it won't, this is the safest OS ever)
With CyGames being involved, maybe they're handling all of the online infrastructure... although after playing Dragalia Lost, I'm not sure if that would help. :x

ArcSys pretty much outsource everything except critical staff, Xrd had about 20 ASW developers, when about 100 devs worked on the game overall through outsourcing.
CyGames likes to get directly involved in their partnerships, so I suspect that a lot of the additional staff needed would be coming from them directly (see how they have more people working on Relink than Platinum does).

Wyndstryker

Oct 25, 2017

I think there's like 3 Granblue Fantasy artbooks, could be more. Been out of the loop on them for a bit.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly ASW are basically set for life with this get like why bother with BB and GG when they can keep getting these big IP gets. Well I guess GG might still be around but just to keep Daisuke in the company.

ebi

Oct 25, 2017

I bought all 4 Graphic Archives + the Extra works (they made the concept art available in a separate book this year to leave more room for the illustrations) and they're some of the best art books that I own. If you like Minaba/GBF's art I highly recommend them.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
There are a TON of GBF Artbooks, ranging from in-game completed art to conceptual art. The "problem" is that they all come with codes for in-game content, which kinda makes them expensive to import (expect to pay $40-50 bucks a piece)
I think there's like 3 Granblue Fantasy artbooks, could be more. Been out of the loop on them for a bit.
Oh shit, seriously? Damn. Probably gonna be a pain to import though... Tsk. Still, cool to know they exist. Hopefully there's going to be an art book (yeah, I know those are small but I'll take whatever I can, lol) bundled with the release of this and/or Relink.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Just saw the news, that definitely looks good
Hopefully this doesn't delay ggx3rd progress though
Only played beta of jp gbf long time ago, not familiar with any of the characters except that rapier knight girl and the blue haired girl
Sword soldier is player character if I'm not mistaken
Dual sword ice ninja seems the most interesting to me from the 4 revealed cast

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't paid attention to the main game but if Arc makes a fantasy styled fighter, I'm all in. And even with the boobplate, that knight has a seriously cool design. And hey, fully armoured up.

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like you can see an insta-kill in the trailer, where Gran summons Bahamut.

game looks great!

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Man, I wish ASW would share their graphical skills to SNK...

I would love to see King of Fighters game with these kind of graphics.

Last edited:

atlans89

Oct 25, 2017
I saw someone mentioned that there are no air combo in the trailer, few seem to be a jumping arc.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I bought all 4 Graphic Archives + the Extra works (they made the concept art available in a separate book this year to leave more room for the illustrations) and they're some of the best art books that I own. If you like Minaba/GBF's art I highly recommend them.
Oh this is one of them, right? http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1789781The price ain't bad... Never bought anything from CDJapan before, though. Hmm. Seriously considering it now, haha.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
So I guess this is the "one more big fighting game news" Markman teasted after the Tekken World Tour Finals.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
*looks up Granblue Fantasy* I don't really care for this kind of anime aesthetic, and Arc's jerky/framey animation seems to get lower quality with each release instead of improving. Hmm. Good for them though, getting these licenses.

Last edited:

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Looks fantastic! The little kid with the crown looks like the most fun character.

No need to worry about the control scheme, even if everything was done via one button beginners will still get washed by skilled players, just like BBTAG.

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cygames is the company that sponsors Daigo Umehara right? I wonder if he was involved at all with this project.

Oct 25, 2017
But will this really sell? The best of PS4 games barely cross 1M in Japan, and the IP is near nonexistent in the west. Persona 5 definitely has more potential to sell worldwide.
The art style will sell itself and its Arc Systems. It's basically a love letter to Final Fantasy, which is not surprising considering Minaba Hideo is doing the art.

On another note give me Zooey, and I'll be set.