• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So will he do another cringy session for EA next time?

banter

Jan 12, 2018
It's funny that he brought up the ESA watching outer space because when I first read ESA I was like wtf does the European Space Agency have to do with E3.

OP
OP
DMVfan123

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Judging by the last thread this isn't the news some people were hoping for.
466331998009688075.png

EDIT: Aaaaaaaand it's already started in this thread, unfortunate, Greg is a good guy and the hate he gets here makes me sad

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Glad that the ESA got it resolved quickly, E3 2020 is gonna be huge and I want him there

Last post in the previous thread:

I hope he can get this sorted. Next year's E3 is going to be a big one and it would be really sad if he was not there to cover it.

Is this a Meme I'm not aware of? o0

Anyway, yeah, should have done this privately, obviously this was going to get sorted rather quickly. The industry would rather not push away one of the people who takes large sums of money from them while also talking about their games as if he wasn't one of the people getting paid to market them \o/

Kinda Funny Indie Showcase is great and I hope they keep doing it! Just, they way they are complitely eradicating any kind of boundary between marketer and reporter, especially with Greg's background in journalistic editing, is a bummer

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Isnt Greg Miller a cancer survivor, why are some people mean to him?
This is certainly a post

I don't know Greg much, I'm fairly certain he's actually a pretty good guy? Never heard of him as like, a Moriarty. However, being a cancer survivor doesn't suddenly mean

a.) You're a great person, unable to be disliked for any reason

b.) Nobody can dislike you for any reason

And I'm not saying I dislike him. I'm just.. flabbergasted by the logic, if I'm being honest.

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018

He is a cancer survivor, which isn't why people are being mean obviously.

Like any internet personality there are a lot of people that think Greg is "fake" or whatever other opinion they have of him. I personally didn't like him back in the days at ign because I thought he was a pompous douche but over time I've grown to see that it's just part of his persona and he seems like a genuine person doing good work.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Dang I was looking forward to him live streaming breaking into e3

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
He's loud and obnoxious. To be totally honest when I was first introduced to the guy he was extremely off putting. Eventually I understood where he was coming from and I know he's a good dude who's passionate about the games he loves. But man does he come off as super in your face, abrasive and crass at times. He's an "acquired taste" of a YouTube personality so to speak lol.

Joliet Jake

Oct 27, 2017
On ign podcasts back in the day he would scream into the mic all the time. Very annoying. Unforgivable.

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know much about Greg Miller so I can't comment on him personally but just generally speaking, surviving cancer doesn't mean everybody always has to be nice to you for the rest of your life. I'm sure there are plenty of people who are both cancer survivors and utter jerks at the same time. (Again, not saying that Greg Miller is a jerk but SantaC's post kinda implies that surviving cancer automatically makes you some sort of saint.)

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
LMAO at all the Greg Miller haters in here. Based on stuff I've seen here on Era I don't know if some of you should really be calling Greg the insufferable one.

Oct 25, 2017
Gaming personalities aren't always going to appeal to everybody's tastes. Wish the man well and move on to one that does appeal to you.

Greg's not my cup of tea but after the recent events of the past few days you'd expect a bit more decorum in here.

Oct 25, 2017
A little bit, yeah, going on to twitter to whip up your impressionable impassionate fans into a frenzy over this doesn't show him in the best light.
Not to post a random whataboutism but honestly, this ranks extremely low on the "problematic things posted by public figures on twitter" scale. Which I guess we agree on, I just found the post I replied to kinda bizarre.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I will never understand the appeal of Greg Miller. He is a loud and totally clueless buffoon.
He's a happy guy who has cultivated a following with people he considers "family". I can't say I buy his whole schtick all the time but I get why people are drawn to him. I enjoyed him when he hosted Beyond but after he left IGN, he got to be a bit much for me. Again, I get why people like him, just not for me atm.

That said, some of y'all need a break from this internet thing. It must be exhausting being this cynical and hateful 24/7.

Status
Not open for further replies.