• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 67800

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 30, 2020
Here's the translation of their announcement from the official S.T.A.L.K.E.R. community in Russian social media VKontakte:
On February 24, at 5 am, the Russian Federation attacked Ukraine: our homes, our children, our lives. The media in Russia (and they are all controlled exclusively by the government) tell you that Ukraine is overrun with "fascists" and the Russian troops do not destroy houses, killing civilians. This is a lie, the most disgusting and cynical.

Ukraine and its inhabitants will fight to the last breath - for their freedom and their right to choose. For what you couldn't achieve.

We are developers from Ukraine. And it will always be so.

You have the right to believe what you want. But if you care about the truth, then this is it. Indifference to politics has no place where death steps. Every penny of taxes that go to the Russian Federation is financing the murder of our children and loved ones, the destruction of our cities.

A few important points:​
  1. Digital editions. Already completed pre-orders remain valid, new ones are not accepted.​
  2. Physical editions. Will not be available even to those who have already pre-ordered. For a refund, please contact the stores where you pre-ordered.​
  3. You can return any pre-order. If you encounter any difficulties, please contact the technical support of the payment system through which you made the purchase.​
  4. We don't regret losing that part of the community that supports the war with Ukraine.​
  5. We know that there are people who are aware of what is happening and support Ukraine in this war. And you will also face the impossibility of buying. Separation is not possible.​
This is our last publication in the social network VK. If you would like to continue to follow the news about our games, you can do so on our other sites

Glory to Ukraine!

pLdrkOagUl0.jpg

www.resetera.com

The stalker game changed its name on steam S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl

Adopting the Ukrainian language and no longer Russian. https://www.gamesradar.com/stalker-2-appears-to-change-its-name-to-the-ukrainian-spelling-of-chornobyl/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_content=gamesradar&utm_source=twitter.com

Tigerfish419

Oct 28, 2021
This situation fucking sucks for these devs, I hope the devs stay safe and I'm glad they're canceling future sales. I will be buying the game to support them even though the game is going into Game Pass. Take as much time as you need, the game is the last thing they should be worried about, I hope Microsoft is supporting them in anyway they can.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Great step and completely understandable coming from a Ukrainian dev.

This senseless war highlights how completely natural the use of Russian exonyms were to an Ukrainian developer (like 'Chernobyl') and how this conflict has likely forever ruined that deep historical and cultural connection. Changing it from brotherly/sisterly bond to an imperialist chain that wants to undermine Ukrainian identity. Causing so much needless suffering. All for the vainglorious war of one man.

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
Literally nobody in Russia could afford it looking at how shit their economy is going.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
Good for them. From the outside looking in, I used to believe the STALKER games were Russian. I know they're super popular there. Hopefully all these small things eventually build a meaningful social pressure, but whether they do or not, it's not hard to see why a Ukrainian dev is going to be okay with breaking off from their Russian fans right now.

Hopefully their new relationship with Microsoft is helping them, and that they stay as safe as they can be right now. Their lives matter a hell of a lot more than the game.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Fair and good for them. I feel slightly less hot about the "for what you couldn't achieve" bit, since, by their logic, until now they (along with the rest of the international community taking a stand at the eleventh hour) indirectly enabled and accepted a government who relentlessly oppressed and indoctrinated its own people while eroding all semblance of democracy. But I understand where the sentiment's coming from, and I sincerely hope they come out the other end as well as could be. (And for clarity, my point isn't that they shouldn't have done it; it's that I wish they and others had done it sooner.)

Last edited: