• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
While this would be absolutely incredible as a separate mode, how would this fit in with SP where Aloy hunts on her own?

As a starter, this would necessitate new enemies, far more powerful than Aloy could handle on her own to populate the levels where this mode would play out.

You could just make it dedicated missions where you join a lobby in a village, and then you collectively set off to hunt a pair of super-powerful Thunderjaws or something!

Is Guerrilla even allowed to use SOCOM? I thought that went down with Zipper.

I mean, the IP belongs to Sony, so if they wanted to make a new Socom I'm sure they would be allowed. Especially given the studio head (Herman Hulst) is also like vice president of WWS, if I recall correctly.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Give me more Killzone. But classic Killzone with gritty, dark atmosphere. So basically Killzone 2. But I want all the game modes from Killzone 3.
No Battle Royale PLZ!

The problem with KZ3 is they moved the gameplay to get in line with CoD, but left behind the MP stuff that made KZ2 so amazing. IT still hurts to this day the changes that they made. Resistance 3 did the same thing as well; instead of building on what the game did so well, they all moved to be more globally viable as CoD flourished.

Hopefully, now that CoD isn't the end-all and be-all, they can move back towards what made KZ2 so special. I would pay good money to have custom servers and the build in clan tournaments again. Our clan would be all over this..

kevinking94

Oct 28, 2017
Really enjoyed the multiplayer in Killzone 2 and 3, so I'm hyped to see what they are working on. Also wouldnt mind a horizon 2 but please less of the "Witcher Sense" use in quests cus man some were dull imo 😅

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
Sony said they wanted to make a splash in MP, and it makes sense for Guerrilla to be one of the studios they lean into for that.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
would be interesting to see a big multi-player focused IP from sony. their catalog is leaning way too heavily towards single player games.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
would be interesting to see a big multi-player focused IP from sony. their catalog is leaning way too heavily towards single player games.

Though not necessarily multiplayer focused (seperate teams working on each aspect of the game), I think TLOU2's multiplayer will be very big. Probably the biggest of any Sony exclusive up to that point.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
The problem with KZ3 is they moved the gameplay to get in line with CoD, but left behind the MP stuff that made KZ2 so amazing. IT still hurts to this day the changes that they made. Resistance 3 did the same thing as well; instead of building on what the game did so well, they all moved to be more globally viable as CoD flourished.

Hopefully, now that CoD isn't the end-all and be-all, they can move back towards what made KZ2 so special. I would pay good money to have custom servers and the build in clan tournaments again. Our clan would be all over this..
Killzone 3 felt different from Killzone 2, I agree. But it still was vastly different from CoD. I liked KZ3 Multiplayer more than 2's. But 2 is still amazing. I also loved online in Shadow Fall, but it lacked the grittyness of the older Killzone games.

And I guess you mean Resistance 2 because it lacked the weapon wheel? It still had the best multiplayer of any Resistance game. Both versus- and coop-modes were amazing in that one.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
You could just make it dedicated missions where you join a lobby in a village, and then you collectively set off to hunt a pair of super-powerful Thunderjaws or something!

I mean, the IP belongs to Sony, so if they wanted to make a new Socom I'm sure they would be allowed. Especially given the studio head (Herman Hulst) is also like vice president of WWS, if I recall correctly.
That could be cool. Like a much more refined version of AC Unity's co-op mixed with Monster Hunter.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Playstation/PC it seems like through that job description.

Last edited:

ThaNotoriousSOD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be down for a new IP arena shooter from Guerilla. been craving some arena shooter action lately, shame Unreal Tournament was shelved.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Online Monster Hunter, Horizon 2

giphy.gif

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is surprising if true. I thought for sure all the team was on Horizon 2 and that the game would have a MP component.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing a F2P multiplayer new IP. Basically Guerrilla's own Apex Legends (not necessarily Battle Royal) in terms of type of project and scale.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Well, battle royale set in the world of Horizon would be kinda interesting.

Landing on a map that is fully populated with all the robots, needing to stealth/fight against hostile robots while handling all the human players. T-Rex rampaging through last few circles, seeing robot birds attacking distant players, hacking a robo-horse for faster travel... Plus, Horizon weapon set has nice traps which were so far underutilized in battle royale games.

And maybe the match goal would not be to be last survivor, but the person who hunts down the big dino boss in the last few circles. Heck, they could even remove PvP damage throughout the entire match, and just overwhelm the players with hostile robots. That would be a nice twist. Server-wide coop royale.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Killzone 3 felt different from Killzone 2, I agree. But it still was vastly different from CoD. I liked KZ3 Multiplayer more than 2's. But 2 is still amazing. I also loved online in Shadow Fall, but it lacked the grittyness of the older Killzone games.

And I guess you mean Resistance 2 because it lacked the weapon wheel? It still had the best multiplayer of any Resistance game. Both versus- and coop-modes were amazing in that one.

In regards to Resistance 2:
Correct, if they kept the weapon wheel of RFoM and added into it everything they did for R2, it would have been even better! I was one of the rare ones that pulled 10k kills and a plat trophy for R2! I also helped run a clan that pretty much dominated the game (used to get hate message on GAF, lol) because we would load in with a full party of 20 and just go crazy. I loved the variable map sizes ans the subtle weapon changes they made for it.

In regards to KZ3:
The tweaks they made to the core of KZ MP in KZ3 was to attract some of the CoD crowd over by making it much quicker paced, but also making the parties/clans smaller and removing all the server customization. There was nothing better than grabbing 16 clanmates in KZ2 and crashing another clans custom server and beating the at their own game. The mp maps were also much better in KZ2 and the bots and turrets felt useful, where they toned those down in KZ3 and move towards more straight CoD gun-play. Unfortunately, with Shadowfall being a Launch title it lacked the large player base and I didn't jump into the PS4 until tax return season after launch, so the community had already moved on in those 4 months. I did try to play some, but it wasnt the same playing without clanmates/friends

I just noticed "clans".... Guerrilla is back to work on a Halo (Infinite) killer?!
jump aboard the hype train, lol.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be fine with a multiplayer focused Killzone title. Hell, they could just remaster 2 with its DLC maps and it's an instant buy for me.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019

Demacabre

Nov 20, 2017
I'm not gonna argue the latter but

What do you want out of your multiplayer games to avoid being 'repetitive'.

Can you name any multiplayer games that aren't repetitive

Honestly, it's just the nature of the beast with solely Competitive MP games. Games that mix Cooperative and Competitive MP tends to have vastly less repetition in maps, game modes, and approaches to play. (and I'd argue cooperative MP games have less toxicity) But I could look past the repetitive nature if it weren't for the souless drive to monetization from above (The pubs and devs) and the toxicity from below (the racist sexist tendencies of significant portion of the playerbase). Some of you may look past all these issues for solely competitive MP games, and to each their own.

Btw, not singling out GG here. I feel this way despite the best intentions (and the less than good intentions) of all devs who go this route.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
If it's a killzone they should port over the hd collection from last gen to build buzz. Actually they should do that anyway.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Horizon 2: Monster Hunter World Action MMORPG on PS5/PC. World Boss is Megatron/Metal T-Rex....10 million seller in first year...lol

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Killzone is actually the best name for a BR yet.

I'm thinking some sorta BR / Persistent Battle hybrid, something like like Killzone meets MAG, but designed for PS5

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think GG/Sony would be smart to use one of the following IPs for a multiplayer focused game/service:

- Killzone
- SOCOM
- MAG
- Warhawk

While a new IP could also work, I think it'd easier to generate hype/high player counts with an existing fan favorite IP