• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrAg0nBoY

Oct 28, 2017
I noticed I have some "missing spots" on the Story page, but I'm not sure if it's because I don't own the two most recent expansions or if it's because I've not logged in during certain times.
Basically I have "No Quarter, Jormag Rising, Champions", followed by End of Dragons (with Convergence, ..., What Lies Beneath, ..., What Lies Within, Interlude); finally there's Secrets of the Obscure (with Prologue, ..., Duress, The Survivors, Heitor's Gate). The dots is what I'm seeing, they're not there for the sake of brevity.
Yes, those are Expansion stories

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Another QoL.
You can track vault task and regular achievements.
Simply click the icons to switch from vault to achievements.
DsGFBAk.jpg

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
First look at the Thief's new axe-wielding abilities.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Au3kpyIfTVk

www.guildwars2.com

Hurl Venomous Axes with the Thief’s Expanded Weapon Proficiency – GuildWars2.com

Try out all the new weapon and profession combos in November 28's beta event!

EDIT: And prospective Warriors get to check out their new staff combat... and ponder their futures as a support?

View: https://youtu.be/zmTZryb6GGo?si=Vb-uKuPc6LZL4AVS

www.guildwars2.com

Staff Warriors Bring Frontline Support to the Heat of the Battle – GuildWars2.com

Leap into action, block all the things, and heal your allies!

Last edited:

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
My PvE Legendary journey continues, Anet making sure I am broke before they release Legendary armor.
bUHj6Fp.png

seburoh

Oct 29, 2023
I just want the option to weapon swap in combat as an engineer. :(

I do kind of want this again. I used to not care because there's normally only like one weapon ever worth using on a given engi build, but with hammer being freed from Scrapper, a Hammer/Rifle Holo would probably work fine.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
So I've finished base story and started LS1 with my level 80 boosted char.

Is there anything I can be doing alongside doing LS to get better gear? Or is the Celestial set from boost good enough? I noticed Veteran enemies in the first LS1 mission were killing me quite often, lol. Just overall, what should I be doing in between story missions? Or should I focus on the story to get to expansions' content asap.

seburoh

Oct 29, 2023

Is there anything I can be doing alongside doing LS to get better gear? Or is the Celestial set from boost good enough? I noticed Veteran enemies in the first LS1 mission were killing me quite often, lol. Just overall, what should I be doing in between story missions? Or should I focus on the story to get to expansions' content asap.

Gearing treadmill plateaus at 80, you won't really be on the lookout for "better" gear. Exotics are solid, Ascended is slightly better, Legendary = Ascended with some quality of life attached.

What "gearing" really is to GW2 is figuring out what stats you actually want, and customizing your build to be more effective. Minding your skills, how they scale, etc. Celestial is a jack of all set, so it can help with a bit of everything, but you'll find you won't ever be actually specifically good at anything either. It's a great set to have on-hand, but considering alternatives for how you want to build would be the next step.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017

If you dying with Celestial gear it's time to learn your rotation, I am a Guardian main who played the entire game as a Zerker, Zerker is DPS, no defense, made out of class, with the second lowest health pool in the game, I just completed the latest story with no problems, untop of knowing your class rotation, do you even understand what a combo field is? what runes are you using? what sigils you have? do you understand your traits, or how it synergize with the weapons/runes/sigls? skipping the leveling process is a bad idea, you learn vital information slowly, the game teaches at a slow pace but it's vital for surving later on

As you go deeper in the the Living worlds and expansions it gets harder, if you think season 1 one is kicking your ass now, you in for a shock later, you should stop and learn your class, if you can't learn the important stuff, at least go online find a build(when I say build it means your traits) and learn your rotations...

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
That's interesting, I actually read on Reddit that LS1 vet enemies are weirdly balanced and it gets easier later on :D

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
I do kind of want this again. I used to not care because there's normally only like one weapon ever worth using on a given engi build, but with hammer being freed from Scrapper, a Hammer/Rifle Holo would probably work fine.

No way that is ever going to be added without a rebalancing pass being taken to the class. For the worst.

As designed, giving the class an unconditional weapon swap would jack up the potential damage to probably an unacceptable level.

The easiest balance is probably to increase kit and swap cooldown by some value for each kit equipped.

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Anyone active around the 10pm-1am EST time frame?

I want to get back into the game but been a few years and my friends suck and refuse to try it.

Mace for Rev looks great. Probably will lain Rev coming back.

seburoh

Oct 29, 2023
No way that is ever going to be added without a rebalancing pass being taken to the class. For the worst.

As designed, giving the class an unconditional weapon swap would jack up the potential damage to probably an unacceptable level.

The easiest balance is probably to increase kit and swap cooldown by some value for each kit equipped.

Likely true. Though maybe I'm just pessimistic in thinking that a larger reason would be any structural change to Engi would require Anet actually put time and dev resources into the class, which is a bit rare to see.

Has anyone here tried to play with a controller? Does it work well?

Not personally but a WvW Commander I've followed is famous for using one and seems to do alright with it.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
That's interesting, I actually read on Reddit that LS1 vet enemies are weirdly balanced and it gets easier later on :D
First Expansion was re-balanced and it will kick your ass 50 times faster than some shitty S1 veteran, learn those rotation, get a better understand of your class, In HoT everything wants to kill you, even he terrain can be your worst nightmare lol..

SledGod

Oct 27, 2017
These new weapon profs look wild, I'm glad they went this route instead of trying to come up with new elite spec concepts. Might jump back in after a 5 year hiatus. I'm bummed to see that there haven't been many PvP updates, but the new WvW merchant makes me want to try gearing up some unplayed classes.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
10afbenUS-gw2-ex4-soto-new-wep-beta-1920x1080.jpg

www.guildwars2.com

Play the Expanded Weapon Proficiency Beta Today – GuildWars2.com

Hop into the game and try out the new weapons and skills until December 3!

The new Weapon Proficiency beta test is active until 12/3, but I'm loving the QoL changes to Staff Thief too much to experiment. Dust Strike's new flourish and reflect makes it an actual worthwhile attack, and the addition of Helmet Breaker as a follow up to Debilitating Arc is a godsend for defiance bars. Thank you ANet!

Patch notes: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/140611-game-update-notes-november-28-2023/

1 gift from an anonymous user

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from an anonymous user!

This is a first-come first-serve giveaway. Any claimed prize will instantly be delivered.

Anonymous said:
I have these codes from Amazon Prime so I thought I'd give them to someone who will use them :) Item(s) included:
  1. Festive Hat
  2. Item Booster
  3. Karma Booster
  4. Experience Booster
  5. 10 Slot Bag
First you will need an ArenaNet Account. You may create one here.
  1. Sign into your Account Management Page using your ArenaNet account.
  2. Click the "Redeem a Code" button on the 'Overview' page.
  3. Enter or copy and paste your code into the "Add a Code" field.
  4. Hit Submit to redeem the code and add it to your account.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Amazon Amazon: Guild Wars 2 - Festive Bundle - Won by RickPresk RickPresk (1 entry)

Mamoniadas

Oct 25, 2017
anyone have a good WvW guide? its bothering me how much daily points im missing out on by not playing it.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
PvE daily usually takes less than 2mins, sometimes it can be quick as a min, WvW/PvP is too time consuming..

Mamoniadas

Oct 25, 2017
You can remove WvW from your Wizards Vault dailies by clicking on the gear symbol in the top left part of the Wizards Vault window:
image.png

image.png
thanks, it'll take effect next refresh. Ill just do PvE dailies instead.
PvE daily usually takes less than 2mins, sometimes it can be quick as a min, WvW/PvP is too time consuming..
i actually didn't mind doing some of the pvp ones when they were reasonable. but ill just do the PvEs on an alt char while I work through SoTo's story on my deadeye

Mamoniadas

Oct 25, 2017
does anyone have gw2 running on steamdeck? i'd want to play on the go but my acc is on the standalone and im not sure how to handle that

RickPresk

May 15, 2018
How easily is it for a newbie to get into GW2 , I've been wanting to play it for a while.
I'd say it's very accessible, I jumped in last year with no prior knowledge and stuck a few hundred hours in and am looking to head back in after a break, I did choose Elementalist for my main and in hindsight I'd have probably researched a bit more and chosen a slightly easier class but that's just me!

Oct 25, 2017
Finished End of Dragons last night and I absolutely loved it. Probably my favorite expansion campaign by far. I am not ready to jump into SOTO yet. I think I'm gonna mess around, cleaning up some masteries, maybe work on a legendary weapon until I feel ready to move on into SOTO.

That's kind of what I love about GW2, I can really paly it at my own pace and not feel like I am missing out on anything.

DrAg0nBoY

Oct 28, 2017
I am sure we will be swimming in AA anyways in the end. But yeah, those rewards from the Vault look really great.