Status
Not open for further replies.

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
You got teased by a friend, and you're an adult, this reaction is a bit much. If you can't handle the slightest tease then I don't know how you get by in life. Only you were there, but from how it reads this was in good fun. If one slight from a friend makes you reconsider their friendship I think there are bigger issues at play.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Should have freaked her out with "Whoa that's the nicest thing a girl has ever said to me! Do you have plans Friday and what do you think about having children?"

CopyOfACopy

Oct 27, 2017
Op has no game, chick was flirting and you failed the test

should have hit her back with some "eyes too far apart" lines

than seal the deal by pulling her hair and pushing her in the mud

such is life for timothy

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao nah, guy. People just talk smack usually in a friendly manner. I think it was just playful but what do I know

The fact that you can laugh about it is all that matters. Good on you.

Orwell

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
I mean, if she said you looked like Gollum, I'd take that as an insult. But the Whos? They were never supposed to be seen as ugly or unsightly. They're delicately small, exceedingly pleasant and harmless in appearance. If anything, she was saying you're "cute." You seem to have some insecurities you need to work on, because you might have ruined a friendship over misinterpreting a roundabout compliment.

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like being toxic would be sustained and lots of comments and digs over time, it wouldn't be just one incident.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
in my group of friends we call each other ugly mofos all the time

10faecd1cd4177383c9a768f0456a621.jpg

tell me i am beautiful

Oct 31, 2017
So you tried to get her to say something not-nice about your looks, and when she finally does it, you're wondering if she's toxic???

I understand that your feelings are probably hurt, like you feel insecure about your looks or whatever. But it's not a big deal. It's just one person's opinion. And in this day and age it's totally possible to transform how you look if you really wanted to, with and without plastic surgery.

Edit: also, I know plenty of guys where their features give off a "monkey" vibe (their facial structure, the amount of hair they have, etc.) but I also find them RIDICULOUSLY hot. It's really easy to compare a human with something non-human. Doesn't mean that no one is gonna find them really attractive

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
No you have that right, my thought here was, "wait what? how do you say that and then not want to elaborate?"

As in why say it in the first place? It shouldn't even be suggested at all.
Need some elaboration on this. How exactly did this go down? Did she say something like "I want to say something about the way you look" but didn't want to elaborate until you prodded her? Regardless, the fact that you had to pull i tout of her over her own protest is enough to say she's not being toxic and this one's partially on you.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the most Era shit. Only thing missing is how good you are at sex

OP
OP

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Op has no game, chick was flirting and you failed the test

should have hit her back with some "eyes too far apart" lines

than seal the deal by pulling her hair and pushing her in the mud

such is life for timothy

We kissed on Friday of last week pa. So I'm pretty sure the game is good.
Need some elaboration on this. How exactly did this go down? Did she say something like "I want to say something about the way you look" but didn't want to elaborate until you prodded her? Regardless, the fact that you had to pull i tout of her over her own protest is enough to say she's not being toxic and this one's partially on you.

Interesting. Having a hard time seeing it's on me. But I'll let that marinate.

Look, I don't want asshole friends. I've had them before. So I wanted to know to see just how mean she could get, what her intention was etc.

Basically, wanted to test her.

If this is a pattern. She gets cut off.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're seriously thinking about ending a friendship because said friend drunkenly jokingly said you kind of resembled a Who one time after you prodded her to say it?

...What in the living hell?

Miles X

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe it was her subtle way of letting you know she isn't into you like that?

Judging by the avatar I get what she means tbf.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
You can't ask for it then get upset when the tells you.

That's such a small reason to get offended. My friends and I have always roasted each other. You can't be that fragile lol

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Maybe it was her subtle way of letting you know she isn't into you like that?

Judging by the avatar I get what she means tbf.

This reminds me of when a friend told me she thinks Owen Wilson is one of the top 3 hottest male celebs, and then hours later told me she thinks I look like Owen Wilson. When her bf wasn't around.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017

Look, I don't want asshole friends. I've had them before. So I wanted to know to see just how mean she could get, what her intention was etc.

What the... You're forcing someone to be mean to you and then getting pissed and blaming THEM when they are? I said it before and I'll say it again. You have insecurity issues.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
You are insecure man. Learn to take things in stride

Also, testing friends so you can cut them off if they displease you is pathetic and says more about you than anyone else in your circle. That's really wack. Don't treat people that way, let alone your friends

Oct 25, 2017
Which depiction of a who does she mean? The books? The Grinch cartoon? The CGI abomination?

Did she mean your face or your body? Are you perchance 6 inches tall?m

Let's dig deep.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
First of all you talked her into it. And second, if we can't poke fun at each other's looks and roast one another to hell and back in good fun then we're probably not good friends (or won't be) to begin with.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
One of these days people of Era are going to discover a thesaurus and find an alternate word for "toxic". I feel like i'm at a WHIMIS meeting.

MagicHobo

Oct 27, 2017

Look you are sounding a bit cagey. What, specifically, did you say to set it off? If you are testing your "friends" while they are drunk, then getting upset when they say you look like a cute children's character, maybe do them a courtesy and test yourself first. My word.

Sarobi

Oct 25, 2017
Modern day Grinch tells an Era Who that he looks like a Who. You'll never believe what he's gonna do!... Tell Era, that's what he'll do.

We're Seuss now, guys.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017

She's a human being, not a lab rat. If you were my friend and I figured out that you were putting me through some worthiness test, I'd cut you off myself.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017

Straight up bro, you kinda seem like the asshole here.

You asked her. She didn't want to answer. You asked again and she said something funny (=banter between friends).
With which you kinda agree?

But hold up, apparently that was some crazy test from your part. And she is the toxic person?
If I were her I would cut you off

Yeh let it marinate for a bit :p

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017

It's on you to an extent because you admittedly pushed her to elaborate when she said she didn't want to. That's why I'm curious to know what she originally said exactly. If she said something like "I want to say something bad about the way you look but I shouldn't" I wouldn't begrudge you for wanting elaboration, and that does come off as dickish on her part for saying out of the blue, but it's on you for asking her to go further when she didn't want to. Especially if that's the part you're specifically hurt by. If she said something more innocuous like "There's something I want to say but I shouldn't" and you pressed her further and was blind sided by a negative comment, that's another story and more on her, but still a little on you because she warned you she didn't want to elaborate.

Either way, unless this is a repeat offense of hers, I wouldn't label her toxic. At worst, she's just kind of a dick when she's drunk assuming the first scenario is how things started.

EDIT: Actually the more I think about it even scenario 2 doesn't really put it more on her. You pressed for elaboration and got it. The only difference is if she was a dick up front or tried to spare your feelings after saying something she realized she shouldn't have brought up.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
OP is bragging about kissing a girl... while making a thread because he coaxed her into saying something she didn't want to, asking if he should end the friendship because she is "toxic"

I sense some... insecurities

Status
Not open for further replies.