Votes: 219 22.0%
  • Malphon / Twin Fists of Malphon

Votes: 190 19.1%
  • Exagryph / Adamant Rail

Votes: 89 9.0%

• Total voters

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
Man the pacing in this game is so fucking good. Perfectly balancing of the breadcrumb trail to keep things interesting, and when you think there's nothing new back at home the next run pops up some new stuff in the labyrinth.

Spear is probably my favourite weapon so far, but just unlocked the gloves so will give them a run next.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
44 attempts later, I finally had my first clear ! Yay !
The strange thing is that I totally wrecked hades, without using any of my death defiances.

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
I've played like 50 hours of this game and I still have no idea if well of charon items stack when you have one and then get a duplicate from that one option that gives you a random one.

If they don't that is so frustrating. Why wouldn't they just block that as one of the random options? But if they do.... oh yes, I am happy indeed ;)

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
I've played like 50 hours of this game and I still have no idea if well of charon items stack when you have one and then get a duplicate from that one option that gives you a random one.

If they don't that is so frustrating. Why wouldn't they just block that as one of the random options? But if they do.... oh yes, I am happy indeed ;)
They do. It's especially noticeable when you get 2 speed ichors.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I've been pretty lame today and just been playing it safe to unlock more box stuff , if you want to win pretty much all the time , go for a double Doom build (attack and special) , on any shield or Chiron bow , I guarantee you won't lose.

{Marvelous}

Jan 2, 2018
I've been pretty lame today and just been playing it safe to unlock more box stuff , if you want to win pretty much all the time , go for a double Doom build (attack and special) , on any shield or Chiron bow , I guarantee you won't lose.

Poseidon and Zeus synergy is pretty safe as well. Knock away on range, attack speed, Seastorm, Support Fire, knock-away and lightning boons etc.. Good on the bow but also fun on the Rail with explosive fire if you wear sunglasses.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Are there conditions for having the Touch of Styx appear in the well? It's the only well item I've literally never seen.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Seventh win, first with Excalibur sword aspect... wound up with 6 cast frozen trippy shot with decay which wasn't a perfect matchup but worked. Wound up needed the tooth revival as I was down to two revivals for the final fight. First heat run, did more enemies spawn

Grifter

Oct 26, 2017
Was catching up w/the thread and forgot the game's been in early-access for so long that it's assumed everyone's at endgame.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Okay EM4 is serious business. I've been slain. The fuck bro. This is a serious jump in difficulty lol.

I think I've done basically every single character sidequest at this point, uh Olympians aside. I have like 40 clears or something. Epilogue still won't unlock.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I tried to get the Lucifer to work last night but I can't figure it out. Will need to fuck with it more

Might need a more optimal cast

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
I'm enjoying this progression:

Hades: Clean up your room!
Zagreus: *fills the rest of the house with unnecessary stuff*

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Finally unlocked Guan Yu and.....its ok, fun to use, but that health debuff is a killer, pretty much have to use Cerberus collar when its unupgraded.

Mr.Beep

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just started, seems fun and polished.

Does the environment change though as you get further through the run?

Hecht

Pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Are there conditions for having the Touch of Styx appear in the well? It's the only well item I've literally never seen.
Finally found this today. It boost the other Defiance (not Death Defiance, I forget the name), so you need that one equipped to see it.

Nov 6, 2017
After 45ish hours I have finally rolled credits on Hades. God this game is so good. I don't know if any other game will knock this out of my number 1 spot in my games of the year list. This game is such a great blend of wonderful characters and addictive gameplay.

I can't wait to keep unlocking character interactions, I love them all so much.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
had a weird build yesterday with the sword that knocks shards outta people. I had artemis cast with the boon that does damage when you knock stuff out of people so i would immediately auto-fire three casts, run up to them, hit 'em with the special and that would melt everything. ...Except dad, as it turns out. Damn.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
had a weird build yesterday with the sword that knocks shards outta people. I had artemis cast with the boon that does damage when you knock stuff out of people so i would immediately auto-fire three casts, run up to them, hit 'em with the special and that would melt everything. ...Except dad, as it turns out. Damn.
Dad is a strong lesson in "The build that got you here ain't shit."

Even in some of my most broken builds, that fight makes me rethink the strategies that melted everything along the way.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Extreme measures Theseus and the Minotaur is... Very stupid. And very tough. Might dial it down...

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Had my fastest completion yet (out of 20) just now with Chiron bow, the hammer upgrade that adds 4 arrows to your special (for 10 total), doom stacking on special, the boon that delays doom by half a second for increased damage, +20% speed on special, and +53% damage on special courtesy of Chaos. Melting the third and fourth bosses has never been so satisfying.

Automagical

Jun 27, 2020
86.9 hrs in. I finally hit the final true 3rd ending, the one you can work towards after the credit roll.
Wow what a journey, I'm glad for the closure provided.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying this game, but Dead Cells still holds the crown for roguelite that gripped me the tightest. I think Hades wins out in most aspects from story, to progression, etc. But I just don't enjoy playing it as much as I'd like, I have a weird aversion to isometric games. Dead Cells is one of the best playing games I've ever played in my life, it felt perfect to control. I'm still enjoying the hell out of this, but there's something about the gameplay that just doesn't feel as dialed in imo.

Oct 25, 2017
Extreme measures Theseus and the Minotaur is... Very stupid. And very tough. Might dial it down...

problem?

(I love the characterization you get out of Daedalus and Theseus out of doing that fight at least once)

Oct 25, 2017
it's funny, once you get over the mental hurdle of getting through an area in this game it becomes almost automatic.

like, it took 23 attempts for the first clear, and then probably another five or six before i saw another clear, and now i finished the 10th on run 42.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot for the life of me figure out Lucifer, though I've only had two runs. The cluster bomb upgrade is good though. Maybe if I put Demeter on ATK

Jyrii

Oct 27, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Beat Hades second time. This time I used high normal attack spear with boons from Artemis and Aphrodite + the cast from Dianysos.

Had enough money to restore all my death defiances + I had lucky tooth. The only real problem was that I took the time limit as heat, and couldn't play super safe against Hades.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
Hit the credits, still have that win streak going that I know I'll flub on after a bit but maybe I'll at least hit 10 wins in a row (at 8).

Definitely get the feeling "beating" the game fast kinda means you miss out on a lot of story beats from character but at the same time I'm not sure how much there's *actually* there as far as smaller character arcs. Obviously it's intended for you to play it a lot to see many of them but I'm still not a huuuuge fan of the way it's broken up across runs. I certainly like the game but I feel like it's the weakest of the 3 I've played (sorry, Pyre, I'll get to you soon!). Bastion and Transistor are god damn wonderful but Hades didn't/hasn't hit me like those.

I think it's also partly cause the music hasn't hit as hard for me. There's no S-tier absolutely stellar high peaks and I imagine I've heard all the tracks at this point. The main menu theme is pretty good and phase two Hades is also strong but nothing absolutely stand out like Bastion or Transistor had for me. It's good music but nothing that floored me.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i think the real good shit is gated behind eurydice/orpheus stuff maybe. definitely nothing as striking as Bastion OST imho

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
I'm prettyyyy close to resolving that I think? Dunno how many more runs before I complete that. I know there's that and the 'epilogue' thing to do but beyond that dunno, probably tiny character moments here and there that might pop up.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Unlocked my first hidden aspect, the spear's Guan Yu aspect! Exciting. It looks kinda cool, and it's flashy. But, uh, um.. what am I missing? It seems to be slightly stronger, but you take a massive cut to your health and healing...?

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Unlocked my first hidden aspect, the spear's Guan Yu aspect! Exciting. It looks kinda cool, and it's flashy. But, uh, um.. what am I missing? It seems to be slightly stronger, but you take a massive cut to your health and healing...?

you're missing that guan yu kinda sucks

tbh the aspects are less upgrades and more 'here's an entirely different spin on the archetype spear, have fun!'

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
I cannot for the life of me figure out Lucifer, though I've only had two runs. The cluster bomb upgrade is good though. Maybe if I put Demeter on ATK
I had a pretty good run with Zeus on attack, with extra lightning bounce between enemies and jolted. Zeus on all the guns is pretty good.

I kinda wish there was a preview option in the songs section of the shop. I'm still not swimming in diamonds and 3-5 is steep, but I could have been listening to some of these rather than silence :(

Edit. Sorry for the double post, adding quotes to an edit doesn't seem to work on mobile.

Caesar III

Jan 3, 2018
Dad is a strong lesson in "The build that got you here ain't shit."

Even in some of my most broken builds, that fight makes me rethink the strategies that melted everything along the way.
Ran into this a lot already, yeah. Awesome build but nearly useless there. Or vice versa - having a hard time all the way and easy there

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
I dunno, I find Hades is a lot like Meg, a fight you basically learn down to a science and dodge 90% of it very very comfortably. It's only Theseus that's a bit tricky and that's cause you attention is split.

I think even with the sloppiest builds I could probably handle Hades fine now. It's Theseus where in I actually straighten up and pay attention on runs I am uncomfortable.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Cannot handle stubborn defiance, coming back with 30% HP once on dad is like coming back as a wet tissue. He sneezes and you fall over

been on a losing streak recently, quite frustrating. After a certain point the endless chambers of gemstones and crystal tears begins to gall when you're just after boons damnit

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
the upgrade that gets you fated authority with every key and then the upgrades to start with three fated authority really help stave off the early "urgh crystals" blues

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
How on earth do you get good with the bow? I feel like this game punishes standing still so hard, my DPS is just miserable with the bow. I made it to dad with Chiron bow, stacking Ares doom effects and Artemis effects and I still only got him to 33% of the second stage

Starvald

Mar 24, 2020
How on earth do you get good with the bow? I feel like this game punishes standing still so hard, my DPS is just miserable with the bow. I made it to dad with Chiron bow, stacking Ares doom effects and Artemis effects and I still only got him to 33% of the second stage

Spam Dash Attacks, then use Special twice (if with Chiron).

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Upgrade Chiron Bow, use special three times after one regular attack. You don't need to power shot, your special will be doing the damage.

luffie

Dec 20, 2017
Indonesia
What? Chiron is literally very good for dps. Each of your attack allows you to fire up to 3 homing special. If you get the hammer, its best to choose "flurry shot" and "+4 arrow special".
Flurry shot makes it so that you can target opponent very fast, since your main damage is from special, you just need to fire a single arrow asap.
If you are struggling with dad, then you might want to polish your dodging and use Artemis' deflect dash. As far as dps, chiron is very good.

luffie

Dec 20, 2017
Indonesia
I think i finally find my gripe with this game. At high heat levels 13+, it's absolutely atrocious that they keep offering Chtonic keys, jewels and darkness 60%+ of the time.
Fated choice does nothing, it will only change to within those 3. I ran through Tartarus at 16 heat, and got only 2 boons, everything else is gems and keys, wtf.
If I want to farm darkness or gems, I can always run previous lower heat. After reaching epilogue, one would probably get all the keys they need. When you ran high heat and need to discard a boon at each stage, it became incredibly frustrating.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I think i finally find my gripe with this game. At high heat levels 13+, it's absolutely atrocious that they keep offering Chtonic keys, jewels and darkness 60%+ of the time.
Fated choice does nothing, it will only change to within those 3. I ran through Tartarus at 16 heat, and got only 2 boons, everything else is gems and keys, wtf.
If I want to farm darkness or gems, I can always run previous lower heat. After reaching epilogue, one would probably get all the keys they need. When you ran high heat and need to discard a boon at each stage, it became incredibly frustrating.
Darkness is something I still appreciate due to the max HP benefit and me using the mirror ability that gives me health back from it. I wish there at least was a modifier of the amount of gemstones you get to give you a reason to do higher heat runs than just farming on a lower level.

Also, the combination of pacts you choose will make a huge difference in terms of the difficulty you face. I've had 10 heat runs that were harder than my 32 heat run.