SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a new render for Alyx? thats actually one of the things i was more excited to see. At least G-Man looks fucking amazing.

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
Hard to get a feel from the trailer whether you can move around freely like RE7 or is this going to be on rails somehow?

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Half-Life: Alyx is Valve's VR return to the Half-Life series. It's the story of an impossible fight against a vicious alien race known as the Combine, set between the events of Half-Life and Half-Life 2. Playing as Alyx Vance, you are humanity's only chance for survival.

Quarter-Life: Halfway to Destruction

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
This looks so cool, seems like they're making good use of VR which was to be expected.

Oct 27, 2017
I want to be hyped but I'm not a PC gamer so maybe it will get ported to next gen VR. Looks cool and I hope they use these assets to make,... I can't even muster the strength to have optimism that this will lead to anymore Half Life imho

otherwise it looks great but it's hard to get excited for it being PCVR only

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
store.steampowered.com

Valve Index VR Kit on Steam

Hello Worlds.Experience high fidelity virtual reality with the Valve Index VR Kit.Half-Life: AlyxHalf-Life: Alyx is yours, whether you've had your Valve Index for a while, or are just about to take the plunge. Owners of Valve Index controllers also get Half-Life: Alyx for free.

Get it all and HL Alyx for $1,000!

No thanks....
or any other vr system you want that works with steamvr

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck now I'm even more bummed about the VR thing.

Buy a 2,000 dollar gaming rig then a 1000 dollar VR headset just for one game? Can't do it.

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
It looks so fucking good. I love the art direction in the Half-Life franchise. Man I wish it would come to next-gen platforms, but it probably won't.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore

Is this a continuation of the events of
Half-Life 2: Episode 2? Is this a full story on par with a major Half-Life title or is it episodic?

Half-Life: Alyx is set in the aftermath of the Combine invasion of Earth, before the return of Gordon Freeman in Half-Life 2. While it does take place before the events of Half-Life 2, we actually recommend that you play through Half-Life 2: Episode 2 before you play Half-Life: Alyx, for reasons that will become clear as you progress. It's not a side story, nor an episodic one — it's the next part of the Half-Life story, in a game around the same length as Half-Life 2.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
I bet this is their test of the new engine they had been working on for a long time. I bet we get another announcement soon for a full on NOn-VR half life title.

Jul 18, 2018
Fuck, this looks really good but it'll look ten times better if it wasn't VR with these stupidass floating hands.
Naw...... This looks like a carbon copy of HL2, i don't think anyone wants another HL2 if its going to be a AAA project.
If they ever make a HL3, they definitely need to modernize or recreate the enemies to be more sinister looking or scary. The headcrabs and zombies for example look very dated

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
I want to be hyped but I'm not a PC gamer so maybe it will get ported to next gen VR. Looks cool and I hope they use these assets to make,... I can't even muster the strength to have optimism that this will lead to anymore Half Life imho

honestly even if this is Half Life: Lost Coast VR, fine whatever. Most won't buy VR for it but atleast it's something.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Community-built environments, available via Steam Workshop

A set of Source 2 tools for building new levels will be available for the game, enabling any player to build and contribute new environments for the community to enjoy. Hammer, Valve's level authoring tool, has been updated with all of the game's virtual reality gameplay tools and components.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
Looks absolutely incredible. Comes out so soon too! Fuck, time to get my VR back set up. At least I can finally play beatsaber now aha