modiz

Oct 8, 2018
This is looking so good, a true half life game in VR, i know it wont happen, but i wish Valve would end up porting it to PS5 with PSVR so i could play it too as this is pretty amazing

Jroc

Jun 9, 2018
49100483633_9d20c3517d_o.png

Anyone else think he looks super cartoony compared to Half-life 2?

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
THE SAME LENGTH AS HALF-LIFE 2. Holy crap. Exciting!

The only thing that felt really off was what I think is supposed to be Eli's voice. That's not a knock on Valve, of course; RIP Robert Guillaume.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
is set in the aftermath of the Combine invasion of Earth, before the return of Gordon Freeman in Half-Life 2. While it does take place before the events of Half-Life 2, we actually recommend that you play through Half-Life 2: Episode 2 before you play Half-Life: Alyx, for reasons that will become clear as you progress. It's not a side story, nor an episodic one — it's the next part of the Half-Life story, in a game around the same length as Half-Life 2.

So it's a prequel....but also you need to play episode 2?

Some of Eli's lines are from Episode 2.....so wtheck is going on, lol.

curious that they officially label it 'the next part of the half-life story' - implying there will be more coming later?

Either way, Source 2 coming (and having mod support) is something to look forward to, even without taking Alyx specifically into account.

Hogendaz85

Dec 6, 2017
I wonder if any vr headsets will have benefits over another? she didnt seem to move around the environment so that I am a bit concerned about.

Berto

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great, but I can't justify spending so much money on a VR set for just a game when there are so many financial responsabilities in the real world :(

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Killer app?

All I know is that I'm going to start saving for index after seeing this.

Yudoken

Jun 7, 2019
I still can't believe it. It looks so beautiful and as someone who recently got his hands on Rift S I'm now really looking forward to getting a VR set for this (or at least lend one).

Dosmo

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Probably not PSVR which is all I have. But IDK what is considered "good" as far as VR goes on PC either, nor do I have a PC powerful enough for decent VR anyway. I'm still running a 1060.
I don't know how demanding this will be, but I've got a laptop with a 1060 that can run something like Robo Recall just fine.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So why is there no option to be played with mouse and keyboard like a traditional FPS game? From the trailer this looked like a standard Hal Life FPS game with some VR gimmicks thrown in.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
So prequel confirmed with no Gordon. Probably never getting a proper conclusion to the trilogy.

It's not surprising, but it still hurts.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Great updated art style, City 17 has never looked so vivid and alive.

Bit disappointed they didn't go with inverse kinematics (modeling arms/joints) for the hands though. Guess Boneworks will have to carry that load. That helps bump immersion so much more seeing some virtual arms attached to hands vs just floating ones that are common in most VR games. Even a janky implemention in a Doom 3 BFG mod was one of the most immersive things I played in VR. Maybe someone can figure a way to implement this via Steam Workshop.

All that aside hyped af...now I need to upgrade my PC :P

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
It looks SO GOOD.

My one and only disappointment are the floating hands. I really wish they had a full body, moreso for the game's reception because I can still be immersed just fine with floating hands.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

curious that they officially label it 'the next part of the half-life story' - implying there will be more coming later?

Either way, Source 2 coming (and having mod support) is something to look forward to, even without taking Alyx specifically into account.

My guess is even though it's a midquel, the ending is one of those kinda timeskips, jumping to the end of Episode 2. Probably setting the stage for continuing the story and using Alyx as a way of reintroducing the world to players after over a decade.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like next gen is starting with a bang for me, gonna upgrade as I'm under the minimum spec but my PC has been long in the tooth for a minute now anyway.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
Source 2 Lives! LOL

I wanna hear developers and modders impressions of the updated Hammer when this releases.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018

I'm just assuming it's a 'side-quel'.

Like it would be odd to spend all this time with Eli again and never address what happened in Episode 2.