• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
No Co-op or Forge at launch

www.windowscentral.com

Halo Infinite won't have co-op Campaign and Forge at launch

Microsoft is scaling back its Halo Infinite launch offerings but remains committed to its slated 2021 release for campaign and multiplayer.
Not a good look after a 1-year delay, I have to admit. So much for the claims that the game was content complete last year and all they've been doing were visual improvements and bug fixing. Clearly the game is coming in hot.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Forge is huge miss. This really hurt H5 early on and it's a bummer to see that mistake repeated. Forgers do a lot of heavy lifting for the longevity of these games (unpaid) and they still get the lowest priority out of the entire playerbase.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah co-op campaign day one used to be a thing for me.

It's really disappointing.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't bother me but surprised they'd launch without co-op. Forge makes sense at least and for a game being supported for potentially a decade, theres no rush.

Jolkien

Oct 25, 2017
Anchorage/Alaska
Well I'm sadly skipping that at launch then it looks like. They probably should'Ve delayed it ? Or just launch multiplayer I guess if they want something for that quarter.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if the campaign will be left sort of open ended like Halo 2, not that I want a cliffhanger but if they make more campaign levels that advance the story and aren't just Ubisoft quests that would be very cool.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
it'll be fine for a lot of people because most people play solo and then hop into MP

but it does suck because Halo has had co-op for every game at launch
I understand that, but some people here overreacting and saying they ought to delay it all again, or just campaign? Lol, 343 just can't win all I guess.

It's pandemic and they are CLEARLY trying their best.

Sorry for sounding so pissed lol.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
This is the wack side of GaaS, F2P, gamepass type stuff. Really this era of game releases having multiplayer games launch unfinished n stuff, because they will just update it later.

I miss when this franchise launched locked n loaded with features. Halo 3 and Reach from a pure feature set standpoint wipe the floor with modern shooters. Hell CoD does that yearly.

Mind you that doesn't mean the game can't be good (for starters I like Halo 5 a hell of a lot more than I like 3 and reach, much less CoD), but there is something to be said about a game launching loaded with content.

Makes me concerned for the map count at launch as well.

Oct 25, 2017
No co-op at launch is really, really sad. Just delay it again to release a more polished product overall.

This is the wack side of GaaS, F2P, gamepass type stuff. Really this era of game releases having multiplayer games launch unfinished n stuff, because they will just update it later.

I miss when this franchise launched locked n loaded with features. Halo 3 and Reach from a pure feature set standpoint wipe the floor with modern shooters. Hell CoD does that yearly.

Mind you that doesn't mean the game can't be good (for starters I like Halo 5 a hell of a lot more than I like 3 and reach, much less CoD), but there is something to be said about a game launching loaded with content.

I don't think Game Pass and GAAS have nothing to do with the state of this game, really. It's a weird spin to what is happening.

TK-421

Nov 30, 2017
Death Star
Well that is a bummer since I don't really play Halo for MP.. hopefully, those who do enjoy the free to play while we wait for the co-op campaign.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly cutting basic features that have been a core part of the Halo experience since the very first game is not the way to launch the "Infinite" version.

Halo games at their best are about adding expansive new features that blow the player's mind and test the limits of what's possible in videogames, like Halo CE did, like Halo 2 did with online console multiplayer, like Halo 3 did with Theatre, Forge and File Share.

If after a 12 month delay you still can't add Co-Op it's just not ready to launch. No other way to say it.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Im fine with solo campaign and multiplayer at launch. As long as the campaign is good.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
no co-op is a bummer because its a staple in the series but i gotta be honest i personally dont really care because i play them solo.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
People saying they should delay the game (even more) are being unrealistic. That would put the game outside of the holiday season, potentially losing a ton of sales of not only the game but for Xbox consoles as well. It sucks that there's no co-op or forge but if Microsoft feels it has a quality single player and competitive multiplayer, the two most important features, they are going to launch this year.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Fine by me as long as it's out this year, I always play solo first time through anyway.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
The lighting is really good on that right screen. Seems to be the same area as the iconic gameplay from last year.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
I imagine Microsoft won't allow it, but honestly, a delay might be good. Hell, they could release the free to pay multiplayer this holiday, then save the actual Halo Infinite package for next year when it's fully ready. Shipping out a paid game that isn't content complete doesn't feel great, especially since Halo is beloved for having so many modes and options.

I understand that Microsoft needs their AAA exclusive, and I get that not having one yet for their new console isn't a great look, but this is maybe the most important game they've released in over a decade. They need to get it right

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
I can see you are part of the kumbaya crowd where nothing is wrong then.
I have compassion for the employees. Same reason why I didnt have a shit fit with the delays on Sonys side.

Its a tough time, for everybody, I've seen it first hand. Ive watched many people die this past year, so sorry if I dont bandwagon hate on a company for not featuring a complete suite of components or delay their game.

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Welp it's halo 5 all over again…
These should be key features at launch.
They should just delay the game, cause I have a feeling that these aren't the only stuff missing (expecting stuff like infection or firefight to not be there either, nor am I expecting any new modes like invasion or warzone).

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope that Halo Infinite will have a development post mortem one day.

In what shape the game was last year before they moved it to 2021 ?

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot even fathom how campaign co-op of all things was on a cutting board for launch.

Delay the game for that, for real. What the hell. I am fine with them just splitting MP and SP as a package if they want, but the game is not complete without that and was the first thing I was going to do.

Its Dead Jim

Jan 11, 2018
Ceti Alpha V

Just to be clear, this has nothing to do with GaaS, Gamepass or F2P multiplayer.

What utter nonsense.