Craig:
Halo Infinite |OT| There's no need to be upset
Halo Infinite |OT| Craig's in this
Halo Infinite |OT| Far Craig
Halo Infinite |OT| This Craig is not a natural formation

Craig-less:
Halo Infinite |OT| Banished of the Wild
Halo Infinite |OT| Pistol nerf'd or nothing
Halo Infinite |OT| Chief rescued me from the Banished and all I got was this lousy thread title
Halo Infinite |OT| Two AIs, One Chief
Halo Infinite |OT| Does whatever a spider can
Halo Infinite |OT| Looks more like a puma
Halo Infinite |OT| You know how expensive this controller is, son?
Halo Infinite |OT| Still finishing the fight
Halo Infinite |OT| 7th Installment: Grapplehooks, guns, keys to super weapons
Halo Infinite |OT| Warning: Hitchhikers may have grapplehooks

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Really hope we get something not related to Craig. Time to move on and focus on the broad game

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Really hope we get something not related to Craig. Time to move on and focus on the broad game
People seem to like meme OT titles - it's the trend I've noticed when I've done these community suggestions and voting cycles for OT titles. But I am hopeful for something good, I guess we'll see which way people lean once the poll with all the suggestions opens up in a week or so.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Halo Infinite IOTI Comeback Evolved.
I want to say it should be this.
Aaaaaaaaaaaand we are done here.
This is great Kratos2013 I'm sure you'll get a lot of votes in the poll next week with that one. If you all like it, make sure you vote for it in the poll too, when I've done this in the past some of the polls have been really spread out and some titles have even tied and come really close. But if the vast majority all vote for one title then it'll be a quick voting period.
God, there are a lot of good suggestions here. I legit can't pick my favorite.
Yeah I'm collecting all the suggestions ready for a poll so people can vote next week but I honestly don't even know which one I'll vote for.
This won't be good if the campaign is ill received.
Yeah I like it but if the campaign is utter trash the title will look like some sort of sick joke.
Halo Infinite |OT| ∞
To infinity and beyond (∞)

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Its part of making the game more accessible to people
https://www.theverge.com/platform/a...ibility-features-colorblind-steering-controls

• A new mode called "Linear Navigation" that lets users navigate through the UI without the need to visually see how controls are positioned on-screen to access them

well, that actually makes sense. Now I feel like a dick.

Is it all that different to scrolling vertically for an eternity?

well, if you fully utilize the screenspace efficiently, there's no need to scroll in either direction for eternity.

Babu93

Feb 9, 2021
So am I right in thinking these are all the maps we know about so far?

Arena

Bazaar
Behemoth
Live Fire
Recharge
Streets

BTB

Deadlock
Fragmentation
High Power
Launch Site

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital Foundry crew doesn't seem to think campaign's graphics look much better than last year's demo, which has me scratching my head.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
Given the T rating, I highly doubt the flood show up as enemies in Infinite, unless they've really dialed back on the body horror aspect, in which case why bother?

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Yeah, T rated Flood would be a damn tragedy, but there's no chance they aren't there considering it's Zeta Halo.

The T rating thing is obnoxious. Halo was never particularly or exceptionally violent or perverse but the exaggerated blood splatters from CE and Halo 2 were great and never should have left the franchise.

Oct 27, 2017
The Digital Foundry crew doesn't seem to think campaign's graphics look much better than last year's demo, which has me scratching my head.
I mean it's all subjective and I wouldn't take DF's word as gospel as so many do. They seem to diverge into gameplay talk by merely being negative due to, well, not actually playing the game like the rest of us and simply speculation (they could be right or wrong but until they or us actually play the game...who knows). I'm a bit confused on what they expect though concerning linear/open world play...the latter is of course going to be a bit different rather than the aforementioned more focused linear play. I definitely expect those linear moments to still be in the campaign and if there was ever a game where you experienced a "you've reached the point of no turning back"-like mechanic (similar to say CP 2077) then this would probably be it.

...and concerning the different biomes, haven't we already pretty much confirmed that it is simply going to be a Pacific northwest type on a Halo ring (this initial release anyways)? That's where the actual Slipspace engine and the game being set on Halo ring comes into play as a "platform" moving forward as we'll hopefully see different biomes in expansions and DLC? This is shaping up to not be your daddy's Halo so-to-speak (for better or worse) and something vastly different yet still having a familiar gameplay feel.

Last edited:

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, T rated Flood would be a damn tragedy, but there's no chance they aren't there considering it's Zeta Halo.

The T rating thing is obnoxious. Halo was never particularly or exceptionally violent or perverse but the exaggerated blood splatters from CE and Halo 2 were great and never should have left the franchise.

regardless

Halo: CE was originally rated T, it was only changed to M due to blood from covenant staining the battlefield iirc...

most of the stuff from Halo 2 onwards is T but there's assassinations (a big no no), human on human multiplayer built in, cigar smoking and cortana getting increasingly nude. ESRB does not care about human on alien combat as long as there's no excessive blood or gore. shooting off flood limbs, for example, pushes it towards M but not concretely.

nothing about the flood in any game was particularly terrifying, except the Gravemind in H2A and even that's not really going to push anyone to rate the game M.

Halo Infinite has no MP (technically), has no assassinations, no cigar smoking and no nudity. So they have lots of room for flood without it scratching the M rating.