Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'll take it, rough part of the year for school stuff but at least about 2 weeks later I could hit the game full time

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
As I said in the XGS thread I'd be very surprised if this was true, I can't see them skipping Black Friday. But if true, it means they're really trying to take advantage of every single hour of development possible, which is a bit worrying.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
"Campaign release date"? Am I missing something? The game will launch with SP and multiplayer, right?

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
As I said in the XGS thread I'd be very surprised if this was true, I can't see them skipping Black Friday. But if true, it means they're really trying to take advantage of every single hour of development possible, which is a bit worrying.
While true, I can't see them releasing it a couple weeks after Forza either.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this is true, can anyone from 343i who reads this consider moving it up to the 6th for my birthday?

darthbob

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
Nov 20, 2017
Interesting it isn't November, but given how the game's dev is going, not quite surprised it's practically pushed to last minute of 2021.

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
apparently a taiwanese shopping site shows the same date, according to gamingleaks reddit

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Hopefully we get the official release and the date for the next flight at ONL.

Techland punching the air right now lol.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Strange, thought they would want it out for Black Friday.

I guess this is only a rumour.

November seems more likely to me.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
So that's Dying Light 2 and Infinite launching within a day of each other. That's going to be a good Christmas.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
seems as though they are really reaching to get it out in 2021.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany

Outside of Nintendo with Pokemon which first party game usually aims for Black Friday?

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I can't really find this listing anywhere though, unless they removed it as quickly as lightning itself.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
The game is on Gamepass. Multiplayer is free. I can't see Infinite doing huge numbers even on Black Friday, so I don't think it matters. There's Forza Horizon 5 to sell on Black Friday anyway.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
The game is on Gamepass. Multiplayer is free. I can't see Infinite doing huge numbers even on Black Friday, so I don't think it matters. There's Forza Horizon 5 to sell on Black Friday anyway.
Aren't Microsoft games topping the Steam charts regularly? I wouldn't underestimate the power of Steam in the PC space here. There are a lot of people that still prefer owning over renting a game. And Game Pass on PC in general is a bit shit.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Aren't Microsoft games topping the Steam charts regularly? I wouldn't underestimate the power of Steam in the PC space here. There are a lot of people that still prefer owning over renting a game. And Game Pass on PC in general is a bit shit.
I'm sure it'll sell well on Steam, but it'll sell well on Steam regardless of whether it's Black Friday or not.

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
This has been my hope since Horizon 5 date was announced. Give your premier games at least a month before putting out the next one.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure it'll sell well on Steam, but it'll sell well on Steam regardless of whether it's Black Friday or not.
Yeah, this is right. Might even be featured in the Christmas sales for a few % off or something like that to encourage people even more to buy it. Let's just hope it launches in an acceptable state.
This has been my hope since Horizon 5 date was announced. Give your premier games at least a month before putting out the next one.
What are the next big AAA MS releases after these two? Everything seems years away and that poor showing yesterday didn't give me much hope that this will change soon.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Yeah, this is right. Might even be featured in the Christmas sales for a few % off or something like that to encourage people even more to buy it. Let's just hope it launches in an acceptable state.

What are the next big AAA MS releases after these two? Everything seems years away and that poor showing yesterday didn't give me much hope that this will change soon.
Redfall next Summer and Starfield in November. Possibly Forza Motorsport at some point next year. STALKER 2 is a timed exclusive with a Day One launch on Gamepass in April.

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Why is that worrying?
Because it means development is in a such shape that they need to take advantage of even two weeks of dev time to present it in a better shape. After the recent features cut, this doesn't paint a very bright picture. Let's hope everything will be fine.

Outside of Nintendo with Pokemon which first party game usually aims for Black Friday?
Xbox first parties have historically always launched before BF. It's a huge day to sell not only games but also bundles, limited/collector editions, merchandise and so on.

Last edited:

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
Q1 - stalker 2
Q2- Redfall
Q3- ???? Maybe forza 8 and death loop
Q4- Starfield

they also have all those indie and second party deals announced at e3 for gamepass

we also get age 4 this October iirc

surprises which have been announced and could dropped next year but are most likely 2023: avowed, fable, Indianna Jones

ShinAmano

Oct 30, 2017
Because it means development is a such shape that they need to take advantage of even two week of dev time to present it in a better shape. After the recent features cut, this doesn't paint a very bright picture. Let's hope everything will be fine.

Xbox first parties have historically always launched before BF. It's a huge day to sell not only games but also bundles, limited/collector editions, merchandise and so on.
Yeah, they will miss out on all those bundles and console sales...you know...all those consoles just sitting on shelves waiting to be sold. This is a non issue.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
there's not enough chips for them to even spin up a limited edition run of shells, halo merch has been selling since last year iirc