• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
I think it should be delayed about a week honestly. This is finals week for a lot of colleges and why a Wednesday???? Weird date but nonetheless I am HYPED.

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
After Black Friday and award season? Makes no sense and would never have expected that.
I doubt MS actually care about either of these things to be honest. They want you on Game Pass and the best way to accomplish that is to have GPU subscriptions on sale during Black Friday leading up to the Halo Infinite launch. Basically buy GPU on sale or pay full price for the campaign.

Also, given that the Halo Infinite multiplayer is free-to-play, releasing it 6 weeks after Battlefield 2042 and 1 month after Call of Duty: Vanguard seems to be a sound release strategy to grab those gamers who have had their fill with those games and want something new just in time for Christmas.

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Maybe not a award from a publication you care about but still.
Black Friday is important to push consoles
I think this is a bigger deal on years not called 2021. I understand what you mean, but Xbox Series X at least will be sold out everywhere no matter what. Xbox Series S will probably be a hot Christmas item for kids that ask for it after seeing their streamers playing Halo.

Oct 25, 2017
I guess it makes sense to release it in December.
They already set the release date for Forza in November.
No way were they going to release their two biggest games in the same month, especially when you consider Game Pass.
In the meantime, I'm going to need betas for competitive multiplayer, Big Team Battle, Firefight, Fiesta, everything 😉😂.
Take your time, 343.
Almost home, baby.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Birthday month game woo

They really are using ALL the time they have.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
December and not even fully complete. Yeah they definitely trying their hardest to hit that 2021 release date.

Should have just dropped the free2play mp this fall and finish the campaign fully for a 2022 release.

Trunchisholm

Oct 31, 2017
December and not even fully complete. Yeah they definitely trying their hardest to hit that 2021 release date.

Should have just dropped the free2play mp this fall and finish the campaign fully for a 2022 release.
No, they shouldn't have. Both campaign and MP are content complete as per Joe Staten. They're now fixing outstanding bugs.

Making everyone wait to play the campaign just because co-op won't be ready makes no sense.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
I know they are different games but they had Dying Light 2 as their opener and that comes out a day before. If this date is true it seems like the game is coming in hot and they are doing everything they can to get it out before the holidays.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
God damn, some of you all just absolutely thrive on trying to make things as negative as possible lmao. Yesterday it was "omg no release date this game is doomed!!!" And now it's "omg release date is too late and they OBVIOUSLY need every single second, this game is coming in VOLCANICALLY HOT!!!!"

Gimme a break hahaha

I know they are different games but they had Dying Light 2 as their opener and that comes out a day before. If this date is true it seems like the game is coming in hot and they are doing everything they can to get it out before the holidays.

3Xvp.gif

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I would have bet money they wouldn't miss the chance to sync up with the 20th anniversary of Halo release date...

Jul 26, 2018
God damn, some of you all just absolutely thrive on trying to make things as negative as possible lmao. Yesterday it was "omg no release date this game is doomed!!!" And now it's "omg release date is too late and they OBVIOUSLY need every single second, this game is coming in VOLCANICALLY HOT!!!!"

Gimme a break hahaha

3Xvp.gif
I mean... The game was supposed to be out holiday 2020 and it's launching with some key features missing 3 weeks before 2022. It's not a huge leap in logic to think the game is "coming in hot"

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Xbox is releasing Halo a day after Dying Light 2 to tank sales for that game, hence lowering the value of Techland and then they will buy them. Like EA did with Respawn.

THINK, MARK, THINK

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Boom. Hope this is the date. It would be a wonderful time for me, especially with Christmas holidays around the corner.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Just realized they have been saying both Halos Infinite Campaign and Multiplayer will release this holiday, but nobody has said on the same day this holiday

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Sigh….they really about to sacrifice goodwill for this game to hit in 2021. Why? This clearly needs another delay. You wouldn't miss November on purpose, in the same way missing last year was a shit show with cross merchandising.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
Haven't seen anywhere that says it's the full game releasing December 8th, so my bet is that's a MP release date.
Wasn't it heavily rumored that the campaign was delayed to 2022?

EDIT: I can't read. The leak says (Campaign). Very strange.

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Sigh….they really about to sacrifice goodwill for this game to hit in 2021. Why? This clearly needs another delay. You wouldn't miss November on purpose, in the same way missing last year was a shit show with cross merchandising.
I don't see why they wouldn't miss November? Consoles are selling out no matter what, they already have a massive game in November (Forza), having it in December means two months of Game Pass subscriptions for a lot of people.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
Haven't seen anywhere that says it's the full game releasing December 8th, so my bet is that's a MP release date.
Wasn't it heavily rumored that the campaign was delayed to 2022?

EDIT: I can't read. The leak says (Campaign). Very strange.
I haven't heard anything like that. The worst I heard was that co-op campaign is delayed to 2022.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018

But it's clearly coming in hot. We're negative because there are reasons to be negative, not because we want to be.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019

Forza Horizon 5 is coming in November, does it make sense for their 2 big titles to be out so close? Plus Call of Duty is out in November. I think Microsoft wanted to get this game out in September or October but wants the extra months to do some more fine tuning.

The game should probably come out in February but Microsoft has always been more about those Fall releases.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Unfortunately that's the nature of GAAS and because it's GP they probably think it doesn't matter. But this game needs to be shit hot. There will be so much negative press and online hate aimed squarely at 343/MS/Xbox if this game is simply average at best, never mind bad.

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021
I'd find it odd if Microsoft would let Halo miss Black Friday shopping spree. That weekend is HUGE for Xmas shopping.
Their consoles will be sold out anyway. Forza will be their big Black Friday game. Halo MP which will be massive, is F2P. Not to mention it's on Game Pass. It makes little difference to them to have it before or after BF. Actually would probably be worse, would eat into Forza time.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I really worry this game is coming in so incredibly hot that it'll be unpolished at launch or disappointing. Feels like they rescoped and rebooted it like 2 years ago.

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
Find it funny how just last week / 2 weeks ago y'all were saying how great of a shape the game is gonna end up being due to everyone loving the technical test, now the same people are saying it's coming in hot and needs another delay just cause no forge or co-op at launch.

I say just launch it and know those two modes are in the pipeline