• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Classic look!!!!! open world/ish halo ring, that fucking engine graphics. Stinkles you and the team are fucking incredible, capacious is fucking right!

Calm Killer

Oct 25, 2017
So just so I understand. We have the video. A 343 post that this is a sequel to Halo 5 and that is all we get? Personally I would have been fine with them not announcing anything if they can't share more than that with us. It is fine if it isn't ready. Creating a new engine and a new game takes time. I am just more disappointed in the lack of information than I am excited about a new Halo. Hey we all know a new Halo is coming. What we want to know is the details of the new Halo. If we can't have that info, then I guess I miss the point.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
So, when's that guy on Twitter throwing away his Xbox?

I'll watch from afar with some interest...

Oct 27, 2017
Can they put "Halo Infinite: It's Halo 6, we're just not calling it Halo 6" on the box when they release the game?

There's a lot of messaging work to be done to get this across to people.

Name aside - can't wait. I've really enjoyed Halo 5 multiplayer over the last couple of years and I really hope Halo Infinite brings the campaign back to being something I want to replay again and again.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Open world Halo. One of my dreams coming truez this will be the best Halo yet, believe me.

JoRu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm ready to get back into Halo. I would've been even if it was just a safe Halo 6 (but playable on PC), but this seems to be something new. Really excited.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
On further reflection, I'm starting to doubt this game is even targeting current hardware. 343 is openly committed to 60 FPS Halo -- now imagine this game on this engine running at 60 FPS on a launch Xbox One. Plus the fact that Phil actually talked about the development of the next Xbox.

Cross compatibility with Xbox One X + Xbox Next? Launch window for new hardware?

Robo

Oct 27, 2017
Aside from DMC this was the title I wanted to know more about so I was kind of disappointed there was no follow up on it at the end. The trailer looks nice but the idea could be very promising.

X Wi77iaM X

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Halo teasers get weirder every time.

Master Chief's brain -> Poncho Chief -> Afrika?

26019.jpg

Bran Van

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not sure who he is. But some MS rep talking to Geoff Keighley pretty much confirmed they are thinking about Halo as a GAAS

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Love how clean it looked but obviously still very early and a ton of questions remain.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
Hmm, so this really is "Halo 6".

Didnt gather that from the trailer.

Im excited to hear that Halo has a new engine for the first time in its history.

Let's see what they can deliver in 2020.

Morbius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenberg is sitting with Geoff hinting this is a reboot. Also won't say what KIND of Halo game it is.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
ENTIRELY NEW SAGA!

ANNOUNCED ON Youtube E3

NOT HALO 6!
I knew I should have made my thread about embracing the contemporary and traditional halo styles earlier this year. Theres enough room for more than just one or the other and I believe fans can support both. Its essentially a win win. MS gets to pump out more first party games of its biggest franchise, while continuing to give 343 the creative space with their own trilogy in addition to whatever this is (I assume this is going to play more like a traditional halo but who the hell knows). Either way this is very exciting for me since I love halo but don't particularly love the 343 sequels (not to say theyre bad games, just not for me).

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Master Cheif has finally gotten his armour back. It's been long time, but it did make me smile.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am filled with anticipation. Rewatching the trailer, the art style is phenomenal. Master chief's helmet is perfect. Those water physics!

I'm ready to learn more!

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
On the Youtube show they just mentioned they're going in a new direction and something something moving away from numbers. The dude emphasized that this is not Halo 6.

I am watching that too. Aaron Greenberg said it's 'not Halo 6' but... It is 'the next Halo game'. I heard it as 'it is Halo 6' but without the 6.

In other words, imagine they called Halo 5... Halo Guardians.

Aaron is a Marketing guy. He knows how to 'answer' questions.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
At the very least, the art looks massively improved from 4 + 5. Just the helmet itself looked fantastic.

I'd LOVE for this to be the one that brings me back. Everything from the trailer was right on point - good way to get the community hyped and for us to have, at least, a rough idea of where things are headed.

That said, I'm in the camp that thinks this could be a 2019/2020 launch title on the NextBox.

Avinash117

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a soft reboot to me and considering that it is a new engine that means it might be an ambitious game this time around. You don't create a new engine from scratch to do the similar things from the previous Halo games. Don't think it'll play like the original games. I think it will be how God of War and Legend of Zelda did its reboots. Familiar, but very different as well.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
While I am all-in on returning to a classic/hybrid artstyle.. this entire teaser does worry me.

A tech demo 3 years after 5's release? The site even states that they are still hiring people to work on the new engine.

With Gears 5 slotting into 2019 (presumably). I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up a 2020 title. We're already on the longest drought. Pretty sure I was right a while back that Halo '..' was in development hell, seems like a complete U-turn after 5.